Conditional 2nd 2020
2nd 2019
Mitchell Stephens
Taylor Raddysh
Ryan Callahan

Tampa Bay:
Alex Pietrangelo
Patrick Maroon

Condition based on if Pietrangelo signs extension with Tampa Bay.
---

Vancouver:
1st 2019
3rd 2019
Alexandre Volkov

Tampa Bay:
Chris Tanev

I'd do that Blues deal real quick, but wouldn't plan on resigning him. Maroon has a history with Cooper and adds a big body to the bottom 6 who's been a decent producer for his role in the past but very disappointing (just looking at stats at least) for St. Louis.

Get Pietrangelo to replace a body leaving the D through UFA next season. Have a top 4 of some kind of combo of Hedman, Pietrangelo, McDonagh, Sergachev and Cernak. Then have one of Masin or Foote take the empty spot. The other steps up the next season when Pietrangelo's deal is up. Maroon comes off after this season and we get rid of the last year of Callahan.

Deal Miller for straight futures in the offseason.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Can we change the OP to add that Tampa can't trade their First this year?

How's Hjalmarsson been this year? With retention what would Arizona want?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The deal would be miller and Raddyssh or a 3rd, not both. And again, its not just player values. Youre likely to lose someone from that roster this summer anyway. I wont try to sell you on the deal, if you dont like it you dont like it, but when you factor everything in, including the future cap impact vs projected returnw hen everyone knows Tampa is against the wall, i dont think its that bad.
I get what your motive is... save lightning money. But still not sure they’d give up better players for a second pairing/ #4 D. Miller has more value (IMO). I just think there’s probably better options out there. Who knows though!?

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Can Tampa afford to trade away 2-3 top-90 picks in consecutive years? The Kucherov/Point/Hedman/Vasy core can compete for years if they have a steady stream of ELC/RFA talent pouring in.
Yes, until they win.... they are too good not to win a cup.

I don’t think it’s an issue since you guys are so good at drafting.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
St. Louis:
Conditional 1st 2020
Conditional 2nd 2020
2nd 2019
Mitchell Stephens
Taylor Raddysh
Ryan Callahan

Tampa Bay:
Alex Pietrangelo
Patrick Maroon

Condition based on if Pietrangelo signs extension with Tampa Bay.
---

Vancouver:
1st 2019
3rd 2019
Alexandre Volkov

Tampa Bay:
Chris Tanev

That is a whole lot of blah for Pietrangelo. Adding Callahan for an extra year I guess is just bonus punishment for being a Blues fan?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That is a whole lot of blah for Pietrangelo. Adding Callahan for an extra year I guess is just bonus punishment for being a Blues fan?

It's really not a whole lot of blah. I wouldn't do the deal as a TB fan, even as desperate as I am to get Callahan off the books. I don't think we can afford to give up Stephens and Raddysh. Both of those kids look like good NHLers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I get what your motive is... save lightning money. But still not sure they’d give up better players for a second pairing/ #4 D. Miller has more value (IMO). I just think there’s probably better options out there. Who knows though!?

Its possible, but i think youre understating the value of a top 4 RHD signed for another year at 1.6M, thats all.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Guess we will find out the market soon. They are definitely important. More just saying I wouldn’t pay that. But maybe someone will?

Im not sure if we will or not - flyers are unlikely to move gudas ultimately, since we need him. It would take a good offer to pry him out - or management committing to bringing up Phil Myers., and even then - we should still keep gudas and stop playing Amac, not the other way around. :)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It's really not a whole lot of blah. I wouldn't do the deal as a TB fan, even as desperate as I am to get Callahan off the books. I don't think we can afford to give up Stephens and Raddysh. Both of those kids look like good NHLers.

Are Stephens and Raddysh ceilings top 9 at best? So two future top 9 players at best, a very very late 1st, 2 2nd's and the Blues help TB out by taking a cap dump for an extra year for Pietrangelo.

How does that help the Blues win now? It doesn't.

The Blues face a huge 1st week back after the break with games @ Columbus, @ Florida, @ Lighting, then a back to back with Nashville. If they only manage a few points out of that week it could prompt the sell off of some assets, Pietrangelo possibly being one of them.

Here's the kicker. Let's say the Blues lose every one of those games and Pietrangelo decides to waive his NTC for a team in contention. The Blues would hopefully tank the rest of the season and have a top 10 (better if top 5) pick. That's fine, but next season would have to be a huge turn around year. If the Blues' 1st round pick is a top 10 they can keep it. If they keep it, next season's 1st round pick belongs to Buffalo. The franchise can't go into rebuild mode not owning their 1st rd pick. This can't be a repeat of the Ottawa fiasco that's going to happen this season.

While you may personally choose to say no against this trade there's no way the Blues ever consider it because of the above stated variables and the return isn't good enough even for a (futures only) package.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

That’s a little over the top. You’ll see comments from some fans, not just me here, that Callahan still brings value to the table, especially in the playoffs, sadly that table has run out of seats for him in Tampa. If his cap hit was around 3 million then it would be much closer to his value. Which is why retaining salary could be a big part in making a deal work for a contending team, who can take on like 3 million of cap to improve their PK and bottom 6.

Also it’s not going to need a 1st or a top prospect just to dump him. That is also overkill. Like I said, I think they can still retain that salary put him closer to his true value and have takers, if they want to move the entire salary will need to add a sweetener like a 3rd round or B prospect, since he is overpaid for his role, but thats really it.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tanev for 2019 1st + Foote + Callahan (cap dump)
First...Read the OP, we can't trade our first this year. Secondly, Why would we give you Foote when we refused to trade him for better players (Karlsson and McDonagh) than Tanev? Thirdly, Callahan has a modified NTC/NMC. Do you think one of his 16 teams is going to be Vancouver on most likely his last chance to go to a contender?

I like Tanev, big supporter of him. Especially since I live in Vancouver. But get the f*** out of here if you think Tanev is worth a first and real good prospect with his 55 games a year.

Reactions: Starat327

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Petry for Foote and 2nd pls
Petry has aged well, but his 5.5 term for three more years is going to be hard to swallow. Much rather try to resign Stralman to same contract if he so desires. Stralman loves Tampa and he is one player I can see taking a big discount to stay.

EDIT: Not to say Petry isn't an improvement, just we could use every extra penny we got and we have Foote to hopefully step in.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Petry has aged well, but his 5.5 term for three more years is going to be hard to swallow. Much rather try to resign Stralman to same contract if he so desires. Stralman loves Tampa and he is one player I can see taking a big discount to stay.

EDIT: Not to say Petry isn't an improvement, just we could use every extra penny we got and we have Foote to hopefully step in.
Understandable. More wishful thinking on my part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad