Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I hate to feel this way, but seriously, that’s an ugly lineup. The left side of the defense is very nice, as is the keeper of course, but I like our team’s forwards much better, even if you put Point back in.

I expected to get thrashed by Carolina. I do not expect that to happen in this series. Really not sure how to feel about that.

Last edited:

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
People have underestimated this team all year(playoffs included). This team fights for each other and doesn't give up/back down. We have a top 6 who has shown up when its mattered, a very good top 4 D, amazing special teams, and a world class goalie. The "Kids" have been fearless and stepped up. Don't get me wrong, we're clearly underdogs and have some issues(some obvious injuries/3rd pair+4th line getting caved in every shift together), but this team isn't going to go quietly. Everyone is going to have to play better for them to have a chance. Are we going to win? I don't know, but I'm sure as heck enjoying this ride. LGR!

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Just some food for thought here.

Rangers are obviously a young team, playing with house money. They’ve made it this far perhaps a little earlier than expected.

Blackhawks “dynasty” began with a crushing Conference Finals defeat to a veteran, defending Cup Champion team in the Red Wings back in ‘09. The Hawks got a bitter taste of defeat, being so close to the prize. They then went on to win Cups in ‘10, ‘13 and ‘15.

I have full confidence that this team CAN beat Tampa. They have home ice and they’ve played real well against that team all year. Whatever happens though, this is the beginning of our window and I’m looking forward to the ride.
Tampa experienced the same getting swept by Columbus before going on to win two cups.

Reactions: Draft Guru

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I hate to feel this way, but seriously, that’s an ugly lineup. The left side of the defense is very nice, as is the keeper of course, but I like our team’s forwards much better, even if you put Point back in.

I expected to get thrashed by Carolina. I do not expect that to happen in this series. Really not sure how you feel about that.
Tampa knows how to win.

They will clog the middle and take away the seam pass. They will get in front of shots. They will manage the puck well. They have a massive goalie that's hard to beat if he's set and sees it.

It will come down to special teams again and minimizing mistakes. I like our chances if we play up to our capabilities and play simple north/south hockey.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I'm expecting this series to be waves of either being a track meet or a complete slogfest between the two, and I think we're currently built to manage both. Tampa obviously has the experience and skill on their side, but I think we're built to challenge them a bit more than whatever Florida did last series. I don't think the layover is going to negatively impact Tampa, but I think this series will still get pushed to 6 or 7 games

We are pretty formidable on defense. Trouba,Fox and Lindy were A+..then KAM and Brandon B+ and Braun is hitting his stride

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Shesterkin vs Vasilevskiy
Panarin vs Kucherov
Fox vs Hedman

I don't think we're so mismatched with them as netizens make us out to be. In a lot of ways, our team is a younger version of theirs.

I don't think we have any pressure really.
It should be fun regardless of the outcome. And the experience our youngsters are getting this post season seems to make a lot of netizens angry.
You think they have pressure after winning two Stanley Cups? I don't. They could play without a care in the world and their fans will, deservedly, love them for what they've accomplished no matter the outcome.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Oil spills are natural disasters.
6Iwn.gif

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
From Zibanejad himself:

Tampa are the favourites but those who think this will be easy for them are kidding themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if NYR beat team in a very close series. Tampa has alot of game breakers and a deep team but so does NYR.

Reactions: Atax

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
While I understand the concept of playing with house money, I don't buy into it.

The Rangers, pretty much the whole season, have shown to be (proven even) that they are as good as any team in the league. All teams have certain matchups that are not advantageous and the Canes were that problem team for the NYR's during the Regular Season.

It's nice that we are young and in the conference finals, but I will be no less disappointed in losing now than I would be in 2-3 years.

Down 2-0 to Carolina, I thought for sure they were swept or out in 5.

To win 4 of the next 5 from that Canes team with that game 5 loss so clear in my head, I am no longer comfortable writing this team off.

I have every belief that they can beat Tampa Bay. They have shown time and again that they are a more than capable enough team.

Just happy to be here is no longer viable. I believe they can win, I want them to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad