Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers have scored 29 goals in 7 home games in the playoffs, the way people bring up the goalies they have faced, you would think they were scrapping by on Torts 2-1 games.
The Rangers have been incredibly lucky as to the goalies they've faced and this next one is great, but who cares. We're here.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We're a different team on the Road and a different team when our backs are not against the wall.

It makes for a lot of game 7's

We were close to stealing one early in Carolina this series....

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Does anyone have any statistics about how much a layoff effects a team heading into the next round? Tampa won't have played in 9 full days by the time the puck drops. in 2019 Boston had almost 11 days of rest between the the ECF and SCF and they managed to go 7 games vs St Louis...
They may need a half a period to shake off some rust, but I assure you, they'll show up to play Game 1. This is an experienced champion of a team that has won in every scenario over the past 2 years. Extra rest, of all things, isn't going to stop them.

Let's not forget, they had a bye round during the qualifiers heading into the 2020 bubble. And after months of rest (not just 9 days), they had zero trouble dispatching Columbus even though Columbus played 5 games and Tampa played 0 in the qualifying round.

The 9 days can only help them, it can't hurt them. Rangers aren't going to get a free game have to expect lightning to come out guns blazing.

Last edited:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I'm really glad we get the honor of playing the defending back to back champions. Win or lose, this is a phenomenal learning experience for our players, far beyond anything we could have ever hoped and dreamed. And with that said, I think we have a legitimate chance to beat them.
I want to win, but I'm proud of the team to this point and feel good that this club is genuinely heading in the right direction.

Our young defensemen and the kid line in are a great core of players that can stay competitive for a long time.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Heard Tampa is blocking NYCers again from buying tix? Does this include Miami area as well (half of NYers end up there)? It's a little nuts that teams can take advantage of their state's advantages with regard to income taxes, but then limit the weakness by blocking team's fans that travel well. Any NHL fan from anywhere in the world should be allowed to see an NHL game wherever they want.

Reactions: 100Eyes and LokiDog

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Heard Tampa is blocking NYCers again from buying tix? Does this include Miami area as well (half of NYers end up there)? It's a little nuts that teams can take advantage of their state's advantages with regard to income taxes, but then limit the weakness by blocking team's fans that travel well. Any NHL fan from anywhere in the world should be allowed to see an NHL game wherever they want.
Good luck. There are so many NY transplants that live there. It'll definitely be a mixed crowd.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm getting way ahead of myself....

but imagine a Cup run beating Pittsburgh, Carolina, Tampa and Colorado.

That's a Miracle Run.

Running through the first 3 is really a slay your demons kind of thing as they're 3 of the last 4 teams that have ended their season (Tampa 2015, Pitt 2016, Car 2020.)

Beating Colorado would be so delicious because that fan base has become so f***ing arrogant. You'd think that they went 82-0 and have gone 8-0 in the playoffs while beating everyone 15-0. Remind me alot of Tampa fans before they got humbled (and then ended up winning.)

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
This geographical discrimaination for buying hockey tickets is both funny and sad at the same time. New political agenda for the future perhaps. Especially true if this discrimination is stiffened when the NYR are involved. As a NYR fan I'm starting to feel marginalized.

Reactions: RangerFanInMKE

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I'm sure TB was watching last night and were taking notes on Lindgren. He's gonna take a huge beating which makes me nervous. Mostly for his health, but also if Nemeth has to return we are screwed.

On the plus side, aside from Lindy, the Rangers have not only been winning the battle of attrition but are getting key guys back at big times.

Reactions: CLW and tlk

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Barring injury, I'd be surprised if either team has a 2 game lead at any point. 7 game series with the last game at the Garden, I like those chances.

Fully expect 2-2 after the first 4 games

It'll be interesting to see how Cooper matches up. I would say Colton is the driver of that line. Hagel is fast and not afraid to get into the dirty areas. Paul has scored some timely goals. The way the Kid line is playing though, we can probably take them.

Gallant needs to get the kid line out against Maroon and Perry at MSG. That's a matchup we can dominate with our speed and skill

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Having Barclay is so huge specifically vs. this team, we saw it in the regular season as well. We have the heart and soul from their two rings on this team...

I feel better against Tampa than I did against the Canes. We just continued to defy all odds and here we are boys.

The more experience the better, I would've been thrilled with taking one round or shit even losing to Pitt in 7, just for the 7 tough PO games.

This is my favorite Ranger team ever and they literally just began playing playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad