Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
Bloodsport, Lionheart, Kickboxer, Double Impact, Death Warrant, Timecop, Universal Soldier -- any of these will do. Just don't do his stupid shit like Street Fighter, Nowhere To Run, Knock Off.
Um excuse me but no Sudden Death?

QEAiszp.gif

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Apparently there is a pre-sale running on Ticketmaster for a potential cup final series. Anyone know the code??

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I think people are making too much about the 9 day layoff.

A 2-time defending Cup champion doesn't get derailed by that kinda thing.

I'd expect a VERY ready TBL team tomorrow night, who are all WELL aware the accomplishment winning 3 in a row, IN A CAP LEAGUE would be.
If anyone is expecting it to "derail" TB they will be disappointed, but yeah, 9 days off from game play is 9 days off from game play no matter who you are and what you've done. There is no substitute. But it's also a chance to heal up, so I think it's neither a big advantage nor disadvantage.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Heard Tampa is blocking NYCers again from buying tix? Does this include Miami area as well (half of NYers end up there)? It's a little nuts that teams can take advantage of their state's advantages with regard to income taxes, but then limit the weakness by blocking team's fans that travel well. Any NHL fan from anywhere in the world should be allowed to see an NHL game wherever they want.
I bought mine this am for game 4, Tues night...

I know they've (in the past) tried to not allow folks w NYR jerseys in during playoffs, but not sure about this time around.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
Shesterkin vs Vasilevskiy
Panarin vs Kucherov
Fox vs Hedman

I don't think we're so mismatched with them as netizens make us out to be. In a lot of ways, our team is a younger version of theirs.

I don't think we have any pressure really.
It should be fun regardless of the outcome. And the experience our youngsters are getting this post season seems to make a lot of netizens angry.

HANK30

Why not us?
It depends. 9 days is a long time to go with out playing. I wouldn't want that for the Rangers honestly, they have a ton of guys who tend to get rusty after pretty long layoffs.

I'm sure that Tampa is happy to have the rest but as the series goes on that rest will matter less. 9 days isn't going to make up for the amount of hockey they've played in the last 22 months.

All the more reason we need to take advantage of their rustiness and go up 2-0

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm getting way ahead of myself....

but imagine a Cup run beating Pittsburgh, Carolina, Tampa and Colorado.

That's a Miracle Run.
All natural disasters: Hurricanes, Lighting, and then an Avalanche (no disrespect to the Oilers but won't fit my point here LOL) ! Not getting ahead of myself, I'm just saying.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I bought mine this am for game 4, Tues night...

I know they've (in the past) tried to not allow folks w NYR jerseys in during playoffs, but not sure about this time around.

Where do they draw the line, is a jersey with Ranger color OK if it doesn't have the logo? If so, seems like they would sell pretty well outside the arena....

• Haha
Reactions: Riche16

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
  • Love

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If you could select ONLY THREE forwards of Tampa that Trouba will hurt this series, which three forwards would that be with Point out? Who do you pick after Kuch?

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think we have any pressure really.
Absolutely zero. I think the team achieved this years objective when they made the playoffs. Winning a round was a bonus. Winning two rounds is way beyond what I think anyone expected.

The finals in each conference have some drastic differences, and I think pressure is one. Neither team in the east has any pressure really. Tampa has one 2 cups in a row, they have no pressure. Rangers have "overachieved" in a year where we expected to become a playoff team. On the west, it's cup or bust for the Avs. And McDavid and the Oilers of finally making some noise while they've got this far.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
it's huge that they are missing Point, he was easily their best player last playoffs. the Rangers better get a quick start in this series before he comes back (if he comes back).

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm expecting this series to be waves of either being a track meet or a complete slogfest between the two, and I think we're currently built to manage both. Tampa obviously has the experience and skill on their side, but I think we're built to challenge them a bit more than whatever Florida did last series. I don't think the layover is going to negatively impact Tampa, but I think this series will still get pushed to 6 or 7 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad