Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I haven't watched them, how do you think the kid line will fair against them?
It'll be interesting to see how Cooper matches up. I would say Colton is the driver of that line. Hagel is fast and not afraid to get into the dirty areas. Paul has scored some timely goals. The way the Kid line is playing though, we can probably take them.

Reactions: Rongomania

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The Rangers have scored 29 goals in 7 home games in the playoffs, the way people bring up the goalies they have faced, you would think they were scrapping by on Torts 2-1 games.
No, you see. They only scored that many goals because the other teams were playing bad goalies. And the Rangers goalie is really good, so you know, that’s not fair.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Once we hit Game 7 against Carolina there was no more playing with house money. It's very hard to go this deep, they need to win.
Well, you are entitled to your view, but its certainly not counter to logic to say that if they weren't necessarily expected to make it past Pitt, not expected to be competitive with Carolina, certainly not expected to BEAT Carolina in a 7 gamer on the road, then it's reasonable that folks don't EXPECT them to beat Tampa, who is the two time defending Champ and just HOUSED high powered FL in 4 games giving up only 3 goals. So, YEAH, House Money is still a very reasonable take.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Tampa's right side of the defense is weak at even strength. That's really the roster's primary weakness.

Kreider, Panarin, Laf have to be looking at Rutta, Foote, Bogo matchups as an opportunity.

They've leaned as heavily on their top 4 as Gallant has.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Saying this is house money doesn't mean we don't want to win. But this was not supposed to be an ECF team. That means this is house money. We will all be disappointed if we lose, but most of us will be happy with the unexpected run as well. Next year expectations rise, and they need to win.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Tampa's right side of the defense is weak at even strength. That's really the roster's primary weakness.

Kreider, Panarin, Laf have to be looking at Rutta, Foote, Bogo matchups as an opportunity.

They've leaned as heavily on their top 4 as Gallant has.
is Cernak hurt?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
is Cernak hurt?

Not that I know of, but the impression I've gotten is that he's the most competent of the bunch. Logs a lot of PK minutes.

They're gonna have to play at least two of the other three. They get sheltered minutes which is good news for the kid line potentially.

With their forward injuries some 11F wouldn't be unexpected from Tampa.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'd imagine we don't see Point, at least at the start.

Sergachev and Hagel both haven't practiced at all during their week off, they're both banged up.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Think game 1 and taking advantage of the tb layoff is imperative. need to keep pushing pace. this will be a true education for nyr in that they struggled with pitt when pitt played true playoff hockey. tb is that on steroids. nyr continues to prove that they wont fold so i expect them to put up a battle. it will come down to igor vs vaz, if panarin shows up and can find some space, and a true battle of the bottom sixes. can nyr bottom 6 match the grime of the tb bottom 6?

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Just some food for thought here.

Rangers are obviously a young team, playing with house money. They’ve made it this far perhaps a little earlier than expected.

Blackhawks “dynasty” began with a crushing Conference Finals defeat to a veteran, defending Cup Champion team in the Red Wings back in ‘09. The Hawks got a bitter taste of defeat, being so close to the prize. They then went on to win Cups in ‘10, ‘13 and ‘15.

I have full confidence that this team CAN beat Tampa. They have home ice and they’ve played real well against that team all year. Whatever happens though, this is the beginning of our window and I’m looking forward to the ride.
Yea that's fine, let's just skip that stage please and get right to winning the cups please.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Rangers lost their 1st round pick now? That’s fine, especially in this draft which seems lacking. Well worth it to get this far!

Reactions: Atax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad