GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm / SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
All I said was the powerplay is worse because it's worse relative to the rest of the league and is struggling to generate opportunities as much as last year. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand, but I'm not wrong at all

That's not what you said.

You said...

but our PP is significantly worse somehow

Is the "worse relative to the rest of the league, and is struggling to generate opportunities" in tiny print? Invisible print?

You made an absolute statement. It is incorrect.

If you meant something, other than your statement, (as you are suggesting now) perhaps you should say what you mean next time.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That's not what you said.

You said...

Is the "worse relative to the rest of the league, and is struggling to generate opportunities" in tiny print? Invisible print?

You made an absolute statement. It is incorrect.

If you meant something, other than your statement, (as you are suggesting now) perhaps you should say what you mean next time.
It is worse. If you weren't sure what metric I was using you could have just asked

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It is 4 games into the season. Literally one good game(or bad game) flips the numbers on its head. The powerplay hasnt been great early but looking into its rank in the league as meaning anything at all is ridiculous.

At least Matthews has been good... Without him it would probably be near the bottom.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It is 4 games into the season. Literally one good game(or bad game) flips the numbers on its head. The powerplay hasnt been great early but looking into its rank in the league as meaning anything at all is ridiculous.
Agreed. That's why I find it helpful to look at things like scoring chances and shots, because those events happen a lot more and stabilize faster than goals. Still to early to try to predict anything or draw conclusions though

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Was gonna say the same thing. Both clubs are not flying out of the gate and whomever loses will be stuck to wallow in recovery mode while the winner gets back in the mix.
True but both will use each other to guage where they are themselves. Regardless looking forward to game for sure !!

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
This should be a good test to see if we can keep up with last years #1 team.

This is the first game of the season that I can watch 100% of so I'm pumped!

Do any of you guys have leaf flags on your car already? Or is it to early for that? Lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This should be a good test to see if we can keep up with last years #1 team.

This is the first game of the season that I can watch 100% of so I'm pumped!

Do any of you guys have leaf flags on your car already? Or is it to early for that? Lol

I don't consider them #1. #1 team was St. Louis. They are very talented, though. Good enough to win lots of games in the regular season.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Why is this not the headline thread right now? Let’s get’er goin’, buds. Go Leafs! I want to see Matthews dominate the game, like he so often can. Another solid outing for Sandin would be nice. Kappy has to get going. And more solid play from our 4th line, as they’ve been a solid group so far

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
And a -41

:sarcasm:

LAst year Matthews had Johnsson and kappanen and everyone made excuses for him because he was playing with no IQ kappanen.
Also he was a minus 17 and everyone said plus minus Is a terrible stat but because it fits your agenda this year with marner it makes a difference.

I challenge you to watch the game tonight and count how many times kappanen switches over to his natural right wing forcing marner to cross over and play left wing.

Our pigheaded coach and his know it all logic won’t make the change that everyone with any hockey sense knows should be made.

I’ll go out on a limb here and make a prediction

We will never win a Stanley cup with Babcock as our coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00