GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm / SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I love the contrast in Babcock's rhetoric in preseason and regular season.

In preseason, it's: "You have to compete and battle and not only earn your spot but battle to keep it."

Regular season, it's: "These are my lines and I'm not changing them no matter how much someone else deserves the promotion because I'm smarter than all conventional wisdom and blah, blah, blah..."

I'm a big Kappy fan but there needs to be a shuffle between the lines and it could start and end with that one change.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I'm a big Kappy fan but there needs to be a shuffle between the lines and it could start and end with that one change.

I’m 100% with you and after considering why why why the **** hasn’t it changed yet, I’m pretty sure it’s because Babs runs in 5 game segments. So I’m crossing my fingers for a win and switch of lines after tonight :/

Tall ask, I know.

Reactions: kb

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

In preseason, it's: "You have to compete and battle and not only earn your spot but battle to keep it."

Regular season, it's: "These are my lines and I'm not changing them no matter how much someone else deserves the promotion because I'm smarter than all conventional wisdom and blah, blah, blah..."

They’ve played 4 games.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Hustlr

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

5th game and the Team is 2-1-1, could easily be 4-0.
Seems like a pretty silly post at this stage.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Mayne we like bout to smash on that dash y'all know what I'm talkin bout mayne! This one ours, we keep points. We take points, Point. Our offensively skilled squad will keep on scoring goals in ice hockey and still win. We be bout that paper mayne. Ich know our club needs more thugs and warriors, but we still keep that offensive rushian attack going mayne. Cause we bout that paper mayne. Wonder if dubas gets some thug for the playoffs though. This lineup is exactly what needs a guy like lemieux's son or kassian or like lucemundo on that ass y'all know what I'm feelin.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I’m 100% with you and after considering why why why the **** hasn’t it changed yet, I’m pretty sure it’s because Babs runs in 5 game segments. So I’m crossing my fingers for a win and switch of lines after tonight :/

Tall ask, I know.
You spelled impossible wrong.

Reactions: Hustlr

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We should win these games against the division rivals, that would only help us in the standings and better positioning in the playoffs

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I know you're most likely being modest, and not expecting the Leafs to win the division ... but let's all be honest with ourselves here... let's hope Leafs win the division, so we avoid Tampa and Boston in the 1st round.

Yes, definitely 100% the key to this season.

Reactions: Burnie97

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Andreas Johnsson came by my work on Tuesday. Told him he's gonna go top shelf vs. Tampa for his first of the season. So I very well expect him to do just that tonight.

Also, his girl is an absolute rocket.

Reactions: Ciao

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
TAMPA 1-1-1
Projected Tampa lineup:

Intersting that Tampa is stacking one line with Stamkos-Point-Kucherov

I thought they might want to spread out their offense a bit

Anyway; here is hoping we beat the crap out of them and stamkos throws another hissy fit in the media :laugh:

Reactions: Burnie97

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
would be nice if JT shows up to this game and Marner too.

Dont like that we have left Matthews-Nylander to do all the heavy lifting.

Also, Freddy no softies please and Rielly no dumb giveaways please let the ghost of Gardiner go already

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Whichever line doesn’t get the first line matchup better get 2+ goals. That’s a trashy looking line 2.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
NHL.com has redone their site and everything loads much faster and it's a lot smoother now.

Long time coming!

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
2-1-1 is a .625% pace which would give you 103 points in a full season.

Given the fact that we easily could be 3-1-0 if not for that blown lead and I think he is right....
It is also 15th in the league in point percentage. Some teams obviously won't keep up their paces, but others like Tampa will get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad