GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm / SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Both @CantLoseWithMatthews and the fans saying it's too early are correct.

On one hand, it's way too early, and the good thing is nothing about the team suggests that we should worry, we realistically should be 4-0, but it is what it is.

On the flip side, you need to start taking care of your home games whenever you get them, because down the stretch it's going to bite you to leave the points on the table. Going 0-2-1 in your first three home games is pathetic.

Reactions: stickty111

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Should be a W if we replicate Blues performance. Binnington > Vas and I doubt Matthews misses his shots again.

By replicate I don't mean pretending AJ is anywhere close to being as good as Nylander.

Reactions: Hustlr

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
They’ve played 4 games.
If memory serves, Babcock has been with this team longer than this season.

This is a continuing issue from his entire time here. While you may give him a clean slate at the start of every season, I hold him accountable for everything he's done and how he's done it. He has a long history of battling against common sense and sticking to his unsuccessful strategies. The team may change but his stubbornness hasn't.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I love the contrast in Babcock's rhetoric in preseason and regular season.

In preseason, it's: "You have to compete and battle and not only earn your spot but battle to keep it."

Regular season, it's: "These are my lines and I'm not changing them no matter how much someone else deserves the promotion because I'm smarter than all conventional wisdom and blah, blah, blah..."

I'm a big Kappy fan but there needs to be a shuffle between the lines and it could start and end with that one change.

Exactly!

If a guy can't get it together playing a new position with new line mates in four games, it's clearly time for a change. But of course the stubborn coach probably thinks that promoting a guy that's been in the NHL for a whole week to the first line is risky.

#firethecoach

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Can't help but sigh when I see Sportsnet carrying the game.

It's easy to see if Marner is "on" after his first few shifts. Hoping that line can get the monkey off its back real fast.

Last edited:

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Why does it seem we always fear the return of certain players with teams we face? IE- Point,Petterson,Eichel, etc etc. This team should not be so shakey that one player is going to worry us........but it does.
Fear of losing should be the only focus here. they have the talent, let's add drive and effort. no more excuses!

Reactions: Kurtz

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Andreas Johnsson came by my work on Tuesday. Told him he's gonna go top shelf vs. Tampa for his first of the season. So I very well expect him to do just that tonight.

Also, his girl is an absolute rocket.
Which Burger King location was that?

I'm kidding, that is awesome that you got to meet him!

Reactions: lovemyleafs

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So, Tavares and Marner can't get it going 5v5, and it's Kapanen's fault, and Babcock is to blame for not giving Tavares and Marner, someone who can get them going? I mean two guys at $11 mil plus, have three points even strength in four games, and we are looking at Kapanen as the problem? Anyone with the talent level represented by $11mil contracts, should be able to carry anyone, not depend on having someone else to get them going. If Tavares and Marner were playing up to Matthews/Nylander level at this point, Kapanen would likely have 2-3 points, and I doubt anyone is complaining... and that would be with Kapanen being a complete passenger... but we have to have someone to complain about.

Reactions: illusory and ULF_55

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Why does it seem we always fear the return of certain players with teams we face? IE- Point,Petterson,Eichel, etc etc. This team should not be so shakey that one player is going to worry us........but it does.
Fear of losing should be the only focus here. they have the talent, let's add drive and effort. no more excuses!

Vasilevsky. The answer is Vasilevsky.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Oof, lots of hot takes. Can we wait until October is over before we start the negativity.

Will be a fun game, always is between these two clubs

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Win or lose, I would like to see them shut down the soft goals and defensive lapses that are still present in their game.

I don't buy into the need for physical toughness, but I do see a need for mental toughness that causes them to bring their "A" game to every period and every shift.

Their potential for greatness is obvious, but it's the lapses that kill them.

They need to weed those out game-by-game.

(No thrown broken sticks tonight?)

Reactions: kb

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oof, lots of hot takes. Can we wait until October is over before we start the negativity.

Will be a fun game, always is between these two clubs
:laugh: No kidding....some just can't help themselves.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Which Burger King location was that?

I'm kidding, that is awesome that you got to meet him!

Lmaooo Cirque Du Soleil :D

He's a pretty chill guy. Hopefully he comes thru and delivers on my promise tonight!

Reactions: kb

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Only thing I'm annoyed with is Tampa gets to get their "Hero" game moment against us.

They're struggling, Stamkos called them out, Point coming back, IN TORONTO lol.

I hope Tavares comes out and slaps these guys up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln