GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm / SNO || Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dubas going to learn building teams with analytics and paying kids for future abilities might not be the way to go about building a hockey team.

Oh well, I guess it's been his learning experience.

Dubas is one of these entitled people who haven't achieved jack shit and think they are better than everybody

at least that is the vibe i get everytime i hear him speak and given his moves

I care about Maple Leafs more than what the F dubas does so i don't give a flyling F about dubas. That said, Dubas has had a negative impact on the Leas IMO

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
We need to compete. This has been a team that has been content with being "close" for too long. It's like their happy to say they are almost good enough.

It's a young team, but they need to take a step forward. That's not on Babcock or the system, they regularly show they are capable, but ease up and take the easy route.

I disagree. This team has all the hallmarks of being badly coached:
- Every player who comes here suddenly gets worse.
- Better on the road than at home (when our idiot can't "line match").
- Baffling line decisions and refusal to make obvious adjustments
- Hilariously ineffective PP with no creativity

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
Matthews is leafs best player.
Reilly and Marner are not good defensively as some people think they are ( especially on these boards)
Ceci -LOL

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dubas going to learn building teams with analytics and paying kids for future abilities might not be the way to go about building a hockey team.

Oh well, I guess it's been his learning experience.

The stupidest thing about insisting on building a one dimensional skilled team is that finding those defensive, big bodied role players is actually the easier part compared to finding all the skilled players. Just finish the build. Also. The 2019 draft class of economy sized players is not going to help.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Yeah. I'm maybe his biggest fan, but AJ needs to find his legs, guys killing far too many plays/possessions this season.

Already a good 3 times tonight where Nylander or Matthews wide open but he can't get a clean pass to them.

Moore is very good at finding his line mates. Especially when he has the puck along the boards.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Weird how other teams have defensive breakdowns all the time leading to great Leaf chances yet we aren't 'destroying' the other teams. The other teams goalie seems to be able to make difficult saves.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
You can't blame the coach for everything that's going on,but this team doesn't seem to have that spark that good teams have.
It may be time to get a new voice behind the bench.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I disagree. This team has all the hallmarks of being badly coached:
- Every player who comes here suddenly gets worse.
- Better on the road than at home (when our idiot can't "line match").
- Baffling line decisions and refusal to make obvious adjustments
- Hilariously ineffective PP with no creativity
I'm not loving what Babcock is doing, but these issues go beyond him. They just hired a new PP coach, and he can/does line match on the road, it's just tougher and more challenging.

If you're going to criticise, I'd harp on the slow starts, being prone to multiple goals in short spans and the lack of adjustments (which is the only one I'd agree with on your list)

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Already a good 3 times tonight where Nylander or Matthews wide open but he can't get a clean pass to them.

Moore is very good at finding his line mates. Especially when he has the puck along the boards.

I give him the benefit of the doubt for now. That line has been by far our best so far this season.

If he hasn't picked it up when hyman comes back, thats when i make the decision. Just crossing my fingers hard Babs doesn't think Will is the issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad