GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm / SNO || Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
@Daisy Jane are you sure it wasn't game 60? I don't think we even lost to the Sharks last year
Games 58-60 were all losses.

Screenshot_20191010-204134_Firefox.jpg

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
So frustrating that the refs called chincy penalties on us in the 1st, and then let them go against both teams in the 2nd...

Reactions: ElbowLander

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I can't remember the last time Moore had a bad game.

He'll be with AM and Will soon if he keeps this up.

Yeah. I'm maybe his biggest fan, but AJ needs to find his legs, guys killing far too many plays/possessions this season.

Reactions: Havoc

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
New coach and a new non-garbage system will hopefully solve the fact that we've seen the same garbage for years.
We need to compete. This has been a team that has been content with being "close" for too long. It's like their happy to say they are almost good enough.

It's a young team, but they need to take a step forward. That's not on Babcock or the system, they regularly show they are capable, but ease up and take the easy route.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Marner seems really frustrated. Every shift ends with him screaming at refs/linesmen. He's really feeling the weight of that contract on his shoulders.

I've always said it... I'd MUCH rather have 55 million in the bank and be a hero no matter what (lol... FIFTY FIVE million)... than 65 million and have everyone looking for a reason to hate me. Absolutely no lifestyle change. Top 0.0000001% richest people on earth regardless.

Marner is starting to learn that I think.

Oh yeah. One thing to sing in the shower and in front of friends expecting anything.

Another when youre in the Voice and nationally appraised for being the best and also shat talked about being the best.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I don't like being negative, but I gotta be real....we look like the same leaky, collapsing, chaotic team we've had the last two seasons. It has definitely sucked some excitement out of it for me. I'll keep getting pumped pre game and hope the boys can somehow shift to a higher gear...

And roughly 1/3rd of the team is changed over.

So what’s the common denominator here?

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
We need some toughness.
The D besides Muzzin is pretty soft and opposing forwards aren't scared at all to jump in.
The forwards make it too easy for opposing to d to get puck out, scare them a little throw some big hits.

One tough forward and tough d is needed, but they need to be decent at hockey

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marner seems really frustrated. Every shift ends with him screaming at refs/linesmen. He's really feeling the weight of that contract on his shoulders.

I've always said it... I'd MUCH rather have 55 million in the bank and be a hero no matter what (lol... FIFTY FIVE million)... than 65 million and have everyone looking for a reason to hate me. Absolutely no lifestyle change. Top 0.0000001% richest people on earth regardless.

Marner is starting to learn that I think.

Too bad he was greedy and selfish and thought he was better than Matthews. Hopefully he works on his major character flaws, namely envy and greed.

Reactions: Ciao

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dubas going to learn building teams with analytics and paying kids for future abilities might not be the way to go about building a hockey team.

Oh well, I guess it's been his learning experience.

Or, maybe we shouldn't overreact against the best team in the league where two of our 10.8M+ players, and our best defenseman have hardly showed up?

Reactions: Ciao

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
MOREner needs to show up, play like he is being paid to do, what happened to preseason MOREner? He was the last Leaf on earth to think he would take a dump after getting 'paid' where is your pride Mitch? or maybe he is butt hurt he is not the C I dunno...
The D has been terrible, can't put all the blame of Andersen.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Dubas going to learn building teams with analytics and paying kids for future abilities might not be the way to go about building a hockey team.

Oh well, I guess it's been his learning experience.
We’re not even built with analytics lol, our analytics say like 75% of this team is trash defensively

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad