Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
For starters, how bout the other team actually controlling play for long stretches 5 on 5. Or outshooting us. Or outchancing us.

They had the pp. Dangerous it was, yes. But the rest of the game rests squarely on our playing like ****, not on tb dominating. If you think TB dominated it's because you simply are convincing yourself of it in spite of what actually occurred on the ice. Unless you simply look at the score on paper...

Good analysis.

Gave up a goal with a 2 man advantage.
Outchanced all game.
No big saves by Hank.

Now, give me your list of positives for the Rangers, tonight.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Rangers did take some valid penalties.

Of course the Lightning got away with stuff. It's lousy, I agree.

The Rangers were bad as a team tonight. Hank was not good, no way was he at the top of his game, but it's not about one player.
The team was bad. Started out bad and had a few moments where recovery and comeback was looking possible, but it didn't last long.

Throw this game in the toilet where it belongs.
BUT AV has to think about the defensive pairings he matches up against wee Tyler Johnson who BURNED the Rangers tonight.
As well, he has to move MSL to the back burner.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Negatives: MSL is a washed up bum. Needs to be benched for the rest of the playoffs.

Henrik had a stinker. It happens to every goalie. Doesn't help that his team left him out to dry. He should recover.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Glass was the best player on the ice tonight.

This team needs to head into Game 3 with flares lit under their *****. And also, they need to be disciplined.

Positives: The one goal streak finally ended! Hurray!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The pendulum swinging from picking and choosing the ideal SCF opponent, to "we just don't have it" and "knew it all along with these losers" over the span of two games is just ****ing comedy.

Win game 3 and the Cup is ours again.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
We were sloppy and lost on special teams. Tampa Bay was also very lucky... Got some key bounces that really tipped the game in their favour. We're better than them. We just can't get into a special teams battle b/c we'll lose.
Excellent post.
Also, at some point if your top scorers don't produce, you're not going to win.
Nash and MSL have to score at some point, this is ridiculous now, embarrasing actually!

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
As a person that never played Ice Hockey, is it hard to elevate the puck? Can you do it with the puck stationary?

If you play professional hockey you should not have trouble lifting the puck, ever. What a goalie can do is be aggressive and come out far enough to where it makes it hard because if you lift the puck you have a chance of putting it over the net. Fast should have been able to easily put that over Bishop but he has a history of not finishing like a lot of our guys.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm not saying we suck or anything. But I think we've met our match. No shame in losing to a better team in a series. It's not over yet, but man. That was a statement game. A team flexing their muscle. We haven't flexed our muscle in a playoff game since Montreal 7-2. That's a long time, fellas
Oh god you can't be serious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
So many deflating moments.

If Sheppard buries the goal there its 3-3 and we have a change there in swing.

But we missed and we continued to give away powerplays.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I mean, I don't think anyone is debating how damn good he's been this postseason. This is his one stinker. Every goalie has them. He was brutal tonight and I doubt he'll be brutal again.

His only bad play was the giveaway in the 3rd. Pretty much every goal scored against he didn't have a chance on.

But, i've already moved on, and hope most of you guys have too. This team won't play like that again.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Win game 3 and the Cup is ours again.

I mean dear god, I have a temper, I get this is real time and a ****** game, but the sanity pendulum of this entire collective fanbase, just wildly swings back and forth with no controlled movement.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The pendulum swinging from picking and choosing the ideal SCF opponent, to "we just don't have it" and "knew it all along with these losers" over the span of two games is just ****ing comedy.

And you wonder why they call New Yorkers neurotic.

Tampa was the walking definition of LUCKY tonight.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lundqvist's ES SV% plummets from .948 to .944

Hank might be the second best goaltender I have ever seen, but in a game where he had zero big saves and multiple giveaways, cherry-picking stats is ridiculous.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Well, I'm on vacation and couldn't get to a TV in time for the game. Checking my phone furiously every 30 seconds following the action, I must say I'm glad I missed this one.

Would've been nice to go up 2-0 and zap confidence from TB, instead it seems like not only did that not happen, but we built up their confidence big time. 6 goals on Hank, Johnson hat trick, Stamkos goal, PP dominating.

Ugh. Just ugh.

Need to come out and ruin Bishop's confidence in game 3. I'm talking 3-0 1st period.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I love Marty and he was good for us last post season but he's shot. If and when Zucca is back (fingers crossed) I'd seriously sit Marty.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
idk this was a pretty weird game I wouldn't take much out of it. Well probably never have another game with this many penalties and things happening. I don't think this was as bad as advertised. Yea MSL was awful and Hank was pretty bad and this was definitely Nash's worst game of the playoffs - he didn't do anything "bad" per say but he was Pyatt-like in his nothingness - and staal was a disaster.

We were pretty good even strength I thought, had a ton of chances that we didn't convert on by not lifting the puck as usual, shooting wide, or getting the stick slashed on open nets (Sheppard). We also created a lot while shorthanded and again missed the same ways (Fast). Stepan was excellent. Kreider was pretty good. I thought Yandle was really good and creating a lot. Glass was good actually.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I'll say this, the more the refs call the diving you'll see. The Stepan call was a massive dive. Moore's was still a penalty but he should have gotten 2 as well.

It definitely was a dive by the Lightning player on Stepan's call, however you leave yourself an awfully thin margin if you are hoping for mercy from the officials on that kind of play.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Best to get the bad game out of the system early in the series rather than late. And this was a great big turd!

Hopefully this motivates them to get their ***** in gear and come out focused on Wednesday. TB will have some good matchup with the last change. Just need to find a way to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad