Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue777

Feb 24, 2010
Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong.

I don't even think we played that badly.

5on5 I think the Rangers played well, Tampa haven't created much outside their PP's in both games.
Stop taking dumb penalties and we have a good chance.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
What a goofy game.

Both Ranger goals scored on the power play.

three TB goals scored on the power play. One scored just after a power play ended. Another scored on our 5-3 power play (?).

Their one even strength goal was a breakaway caused by Staal wiping out.

Message - enough with the damn power plays. Don't take stupid penalties.

And Hank - I didn't think he was so bad. Were any of the goals really bad goals? I can't remember. He made the first save on both breakaways.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This game was over the moment decided Staal would be on Johnson, even though McDonagh was in game 1 and we won that game.

People say AV is stubborn and doesn't adjust, but it's adjustments for the sake of adjustments that keep biting him.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We didn't play all that badly. They took their chances and we didn't. That 5 on 3 was a kick in the nuts.

That's the problem. I'm not worried about getting chances against this team. The team can't finish. I think 6-2 is about right. Their finishing ability is easily 3 times better than ours. The offense on this team is a complete and utter joke.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We didn't play all that badly. They took their chances and we didn't. That 5 on 3 was a kick in the nuts.

Yup huge difference if we score there. Totally different game. When you give up a goal like that you know you're not winning the game

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Lundqvist will only give up 16 goals MAX this series. They Lightning only have 9 more to use. Better choose wisely.

(Please know that almost everyone of my posts oozes sarcasm.)

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
How exactly was Hank "awful"

2nd chance on rebound breakaway

absolute snipe from about 8 feet away.

3 on 1 lead to 2nd chance goal.

Cross ice pass to wide open guy.

Deflection tip with no chance.

wide open goal on putback.

He wasn't exactly great in net but how was the game awful? The defense was awful.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I'm not entire happy with this team. I just wish we had a bigger team out there. A team without Tanner Glass, and Nash scoring goals will be a huge threat. But whatever. Okay goodnight guys time to do my paper.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
My prediction was that the Rangers and Bolts would face off in the ECF, before we even won the PT. It's looking like my predictions for this ECF will also be correct. We haven't lost like that in the playoffs in a long time. We just got embarrassed.

For the record: my other prediction? Hawks win WCF and beat either one of us or the Bolts.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
MSL needs a wheelchair

Nash looks like he would rather be golfing

These are our star forwards lol

We cant win with them playing like this

Other guys had a bad night but at least they step up sometimes

*Bob Richards*

Why are we the worst Game 2 team in the history of organized sports? lol

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
I'm not entire happy with this team. I just wish we had a bigger team out there. A team without Tanner Glass, and Nash scoring goals will be a huge threat. But whatever. Okay goodnight guys time to do my paper.

We didn't need size tonight. We needed to execute better, not turn the puck over, and stay out of the box..

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
This game was over the moment decided Staal would be on Johnson, even though McDonagh was in game 1 and we won that game.

People say AV is stubborn and doesn't adjust, but it's adjustments for the sake of adjustments that keep biting him.

I caught on to that.
I got a bit hot-headed when people were dumping on Staal, but I do understand what you were talking about.
In Game 1 Staal was mostly keying on Stamkos.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
My prediction was that the Rangers and Bolts would face off in the ECF, before we even won the PT. It's looking like my predictions will remain correct. We haven't lost like that in the playoffs in a long time.

For the record: my other prediction? Hawks win WCF and beat either one of us or the Bolts.

Hawks'll not beat the Ducks imo .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland