Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How exactly was Hank "awful"

2nd chance on rebound breakaway

absolute snipe from about 8 feet away.

3 on 1 lead to 2nd chance goal.

Cross ice pass to wide open guy.

Deflection tip with no chance.

wide open goal on putback.

He wasn't exactly great in net but how was the game awful? The defense was awful.

Didn't you get the memo? He needs to make multiple super human saves so the bums in front of him can continue to score 2 goals or less in front of him.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I would love to know what it takes for you to think a team was dominated.
For starters, how bout the other team actually controlling play for long stretches 5 on 5. Or outshooting us. Or outchancing us.

They had the pp. Dangerous it was, yes. But the rest of the game rests squarely on our playing like ****, not on tb dominating. If you think TB dominated it's because you simply are convincing yourself of it in spite of what actually occurred on the ice. Unless you simply look at the score on paper...

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Why is everyone saying "stop taking stupid penalties"?

THE REFS CALLED THE GAME HORRIBLY!

Tampa got away with a ton of crap. Tampa's fourth goal was scored because of a missed trip behind the net.

I'd love to play pickup basketball against some of you. I guess you'd never call me for fouling the **** out of you, and you wouldn't complain when I'd call you for a touch foul.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Lundqvist will only give up 16 goals MAX this series. They Lightning only have 9 more to use. Better choose wisely.

(Please know that almost everyone of my posts oozes sarcasm.)

I'm ok with this. Lose the next game 9-0 and take it from there.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Total *******. Free passes only to Glass and Hayes. Everyone else can **** off.

So sick of 'reality checks' for this team. Last season, we needed reality checks against Pittsburgh until we were down 3-1, this year same against Washington. Now we get stomped at home.

Tampa weren't even good except in their work on the PP. We had enough chances to get back in the game but as usual, never took them. Nash with another good 1st period before disappearing as things wore on.

Who in the coaching staff thinks it's a good idea to play MSL up high on a power play, even in a 5 on 3? If he mishandles or the opponents start to press the blueline, he's an automatic turnover. Also a great job beating Hank on the breakaway. Set the tone for the rest of it.

Staal had his worst game since early in the season. Just awful. I actually think Boyle and Yandle were our best defenders, but that isn't saying much.

I watched Manchester United blow a game through stupidity and bad coaching over the weekend, so glad I can tune into the Rangers and watch something different. :nod:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Total *******. Free passes only to Glass and Hayes. Everyone else can **** off.

So sick of 'reality checks' for this team. Last season, we needed reality checks against Pittsburgh until we were down 3-1, this year same against Washington. Now we get stomped at home.

Tampa weren't even good except in their work on the PP. We had enough chances to get back in the game but as usual, never took them. Nash with another good 1st period before disappearing as things wore on.

Who in the coaching staff thinks it's a good idea to play MSL up high on a power play, even in a 5 on 3? If he mishandles or the opponents start to press the blueline, he's an automatic turnover. Also a great job beating Hank on the breakaway. Set the tone for the rest of it.

Staal had his worst game since early in the season. Just awful. I actually think Boyle and Yandle were our best defenders, but that isn't saying much.

I watched Manchester United blow a game through stupidity and bad coaching over the weekend, so glad I can tune into the Rangers and watch something different. :nod:

:huh: he was awful tonight IMO...

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
hahaha who watched that guy VIDEO BOMB Pierre and Stamkos?

hahaha put his face on the glass.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't really like how we kind of just stopped playing once they took that two goal lead in the third, but hopefully it teaches them a lesson that their effort level has to be better, even when we are losing.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
If Fast lifts the puck, Olczyk would have said "no chance for Bishop"

Henrik was fighting the puck tonight. The 1st goal wasn't his fault, but the 2nd goal he gave too much room and was beat clean. On the 3rd goal he gave too much room and was beat but bailed out by the post. If he challenges there he likely makes a save or forces a pass. The 4th goal he was faked out of his jock strap by a world class play. 6th goal he should have secured in the glove instead of losing it.

That's what I saw. Not faulting him for the loss but he wasn't good tonight.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'm not saying we suck or anything. But I think we've met our match. No shame in losing to a better team in a series. It's not over yet, but man. That was a statement game. A team flexing their muscle. We haven't flexed our muscle in a playoff game since Montreal 7-2. That's a long time, fellas

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
We didn't need size tonight. We needed to execute better, not turn the puck over, and stay out of the box..
Just speaking in general. Yeah we're in the ECF, but we just cannot score goal for ****. We need big bodies in the net, who aren't afraid to mix things up. That is what I prefer in a team. A big, skilled, powerful team, that is not us.

AV has no ball, the team can't score, our top performers aren't performing. I hope we can make it out alive.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Why is everyone saying "stop taking stupid penalties"?

THE REFS CALLED THE GAME HORRIBLY!

Tampa got away with a ton of crap. Tampa's fourth goal was scored because of a missed trip behind the net.

I'd love to play pickup basketball against some of you. I guess you'd never call me for fouling the **** out of you, and you wouldn't complain when I'd call you for a touch foul.

Kreider's penalty was dumb dumb dumb. Brassard had a clear high stick (or two, can't remember).

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm not saying we suck or anything. But I think we've met our match. No shame in losing to a better team in a series. It's not over yet, but man. That was a statement game. A team flexing their muscle. We haven't flexed our muscle in a playoff game since Montreal 7-2. That's a long time, fellas

Montreal also 'flexed their muscle' against Tampa...it really means nothing. These games happen throughout a season. We were well overdue for one to happen against us.

We could do the same to them next game. Hockey is funny like that.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I can let losses go, but we were so horrendous in terms of execution it pissed me off.

We are better then this and we played in good spurts and had rhythm but we made so many mistakes

3 for 6 in powerplays

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The pendulum swinging from picking and choosing the ideal SCF opponent, to "we just don't have it" and "knew it all along with these losers" over the span of two games is just ****ing comedy.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

Tampa was not better.

They are not a better team. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad