GDT: Tampa @ Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No, everyone wished we traded Rakell instead of Bonino and couldn't believe it.

Not me. I'll dig it up later but I remember arguing with you in particular about Rakell.

Your go to response at the time: "Rakell is all flash no substance"

You can't call people out for wanting to be patient with a skill player like Rakell then argue the same thing for an undeniably worse and bigger bust potential Sekac and deny you ever argued against Rakell.

I guess you can because you are but it's annoying

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Wasn't the Bonino/Rakell discussion about who would be a better option as the 3rd center?

It feels like the few people suggesting we wanted to trade Rakell are being intentionally misleading with their argument.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Last year Sekac played exactly like Rakell did last year. It was his first full season on NHL ice as well, people need to relax I remember everyone saying Rakell wasn't going to amount to anything more than a 3C because he was stick handling too much and trying to be too fancy. People always brought up how he wasn't a goal scorer at any level and how he couldn't finish as well.

Some were saying Rakell was all flash, no substance, weren't they? Edit: AngelDuck beat me to it.

Anyway Sekac and Rakell are much different players. Rakell has far better hands, play-making ability and vision than Sekac and is so much better in the corners. His shot is more accurate too.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sekac is the forward Sbisa over here. He sure can improve but i still have hope.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I have hope for Sekac, but I do feel he will become a tweener.

Not gritty or good enough defensively to be in the bottom six and not scoring enough to be in the top six.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We need to find someone on the Tampa or Detroit teams that we need and send Sekac there. We are the wrong type of team for a playmaking winger who hasn't got much finishing ability.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What's the rush to declare Sekac a bust? He's 23.

Yeah, I don't think he's a bust. I just don't think he's a top six guy, and I'd love to see if we could get someone better at scoring goals. I think we need a finisher more than we need Sekac.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I don't think he's a bust. I just don't think he's a top six guy, and I'd love to see if we could get someone better at scoring goals. I think we need a finisher more than we need Sekac.

Agreed. Sekac was a good pickup last year when we had guys who can score. He's perfect for a 3rd scoring line in a setup position. Now he's just ineffective.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Agreed. Sekac was a good pickup last year when we had guys who can score. He's perfect for a 3rd scoring line in a setup position. Now he's just ineffective.

He's played 10 games when the team couldn't score a goal including Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf, etc. Now that the team is playing better lets wait and see for atleast another 10 games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He's played 10 games when the team couldn't score a goal including Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf, etc. Now that the team is playing better lets wait and see for atleast another 10 games.

Our forwards still aren't scoring goals. We are on pace for exactly one player scoring 20+ goals.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Gibson's been real solid. No way we could send him down now, right?

He's been solid, not spectacular. Spectacular forces roster changes, solid gets you sent back down to the minors if there are no other options.

Maybe Khudobin goes, he's unlikely to be picked up on waivers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What's the rush to declare Sekac a bust? He's 23.

He's not a bust but he's not likely to come back and solve our goal scoring issues. He's one of 9-10 bottom 6 forwards we seem to have on the roster right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad