Confirmed with Link: Tallon out, new GM search to begin

Appreciate Dale Tallon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
This could just be the Panthers giving anyone who asks for an opportunity to be interviewed, a chance to say their piece and be done, which I have no problem with so long as we don't hire any of the bad ones. We could possibly ask each of them "how would you go about improving the Panthers and making us a winner?" and they give us all their ideas and we add whatever good ones to the collective and throw out the junk. Just a thought.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Weekes and Oldzyk make no sense. Such Panther moves. I surprised they havent interviewed Denis Potvin

Panther move they hire Mike Milbury

Reactions: 5 Hole

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
This could just be the Panthers giving anyone who asks for an opportunity to be interviewed, a chance to say their piece and be done, which I have no problem with so long as we don't hire any of the bad ones. We could possibly ask each of them "how would you go about improving the Panthers and making us a winner?" and they give us all their ideas and we add whatever good ones to the collective and throw out the junk. Just a thought.

I'm no fan of the Panthers' ownership, but I agree with you. I don't see a problem with interviewing a wide swath of candidates.

Reactions: Crossbar

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Here's a different link to same story

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ris-drury-bows-out-of-panthers-gm-search/amp/

It kinds sheds light on how much Olczyk is respected around the league as a potential gm candidate. And by extension, i guess Weekes.
Yikes so Chia is one of the Finalists? Don't know what they see in him, unless he just does whatever Q asks.

Didn't Dale also start off as a broadcaster before any of the Hawk management positions? Everyone starts off somewhere.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Didn't Dale also start off as a broadcaster before any of the Hawk management positions? Everyone starts off somewhere.

It sure does look like that the Cats picked up some washed up broadcaster from the street to command this ship based on the results thus far.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yikes so Chia is one of the Finalists? Don't know what they see in him, unless he just does whatever Q asks.

Yeah, he was a broadcaster before working for them as a scout.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
Does anyone have any hope or excitement for the next season? For some reason, I have no excitement to see what the future holds. Judging by the GM finalists, and the current state of the team, I feel as though this will be another miserable "five/ten year blueprint" which won't turn into anything exciting.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They’re supposed to interview the top 5. Top 5. TOP 5. Tee-Oh-Pee Five. Not bottom 5.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does anyone have any hope or excitement for the next season? For some reason, I have no excitement to see what the future holds. Judging by the GM finalists, and the current state of the team, I feel as though this will be another miserable "five/ten year blueprint" which won't turn into anything exciting.

I like the finalists, minus Chia. I would've liked to see Drury interview again but I don't blame him being turned off by our ownership. Idk why everyone is so adverse to Mellanby. He's one of the most qualified candidates out there. He's 31st on the all time games played list. He knows this game in and out, probably has tons of connects around the nhl...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

The prospects will get me to watch but if we don't bring back at least one of Dadonov/Hoffman, we will struggle on both sides of the puck with no alterations to the D, Ekblad can only cover up so much.
Tippett, Densienko, Gildon, Keeper and maybe Ludvig.
Unsure of what to expect from Priskie, we know he's good offensively.
Hope 1 of the 3 in bold gets a good look on the bottom pair if they can prove their worth.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Eddie O, if he truly has ties to Viola’s wife or whatever through their horse racing, then I completely expect him to get the job with how our owners operate.

I am curious how he or someone like weekes would do, I mean I wouldn’t trust a failed GM like PC, so I’ll take those two or mellanby over him. Armstrong and futa both sound like solid choices. Draft is in less than 2-weeks, I assume they’ll make a decision by then?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Eddie O, if he truly has ties to Viola’s wife or whatever through their horse racing, then I completely expect him to get the job with how our owners operate.

I am curious how he or someone like weekes would do, I mean I wouldn’t trust a failed GM like PC, so I’ll take those two or mellanby over him. Armstrong and futa both sound like solid choices. Draft is in less than 2-weeks, I assume they’ll make a decision by then?

I assume you meant two months, not two weeks...yeah I would think they hire someone in the next few days.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

No. This team is bad, has been bad, will continue to be bad, and could realistically be moved in the next few years.

The NHL also just told me they don't want my money. So no, I have no excitement for the next season whatsoever and don't plan to attend any games.

Will it be a miserable new era of Panthers hockey? Looking at the Bobrovsky contract, the Q contract, and the GM situation? Going to have to give that one a big fat 'yes.'

Reactions: I am not exposed

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The prospects will get me to watch but if we don't bring back at least one of Dadonov/Hoffman, we will struggle on both sides of the puck with no alterations to the D, Ekblad can only cover up so much.
Tippett, Densienko, Gildon, Keeper and maybe Ludvig.
Unsure of what to expect from Priskie, we know he's good offensively.
Hope 1 of the 3 in bold gets a good look on the bottom pair if they can prove their worth.

I feel like a lot of these prospects are very overhyped by Panthers fans

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't have a problem with Weekes, he's a smart guy and one of the biggest issues in hockey is it's an old boys club, it's time for new faces to enter the industry. The same retreads just get recycled. None of the names rumored interest me and Chia downright scares me.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I don't have a problem with Weekes, he's a smart guy and one of the biggest issues in hockey is it's an old boys club, it's time for new faces to enter the industry. None of the names rumored interest me and Chia downright scares me.
Agreed. But, does he have any experience in management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad