Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
truly astonishing how long it takes the majority of these boards (who used to shit on me non stop about this) to come around to the ingenious idea I had in 2014. four year lag is bad. swich providers.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
We played Game 4 and we already this far?
I would like him to stay for Hockey Operations, if the next GM whenever this will be has no expierence.

Also that we have now player like Lamminko and Mammin, is a fact that we stay with our Prospects and can switch the, 1on1 against old veterans.
You doesnt get it cheaper.
My mark on him this Season is, say knowed about the Goalie Situation and placed all the hope in the 25 Franchise Century on a 39 Year old with an Injury History.
Optimisn dont even come near, the word i search for this Situation.

Miss the Playoffs and ending around 20-25 in teh League cost him the Job as GM.
But we only at Game 4 of 82.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
He had a plan, then Rowe took his chair and now Dave is just trying to do some damage control. Giving Marchessault to Vegas just because he was "Rowe's guy" was a bad move though. He's done plenty of stupid sh*t, now that I think about it. But still, Panthers' core is young and capable of going as far as the second round this year. If you want to see Tallon gone, then who would you like to replace him with? Lombardi?

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Just wait for the fire Booger thread after the next loss.
TBF they'll probably get smoked by the Caps. But they should beat the Wings and Rangers. Honestly if they lose either of those games it might have been time for this thread. But 2-3-2 wouldn't even be too bad.

Reactions: ShootIt

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Gallants team wasn’t nearly this bad and he got fired pretty quick I can see Boughner on a short leash come mid season

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I feel like people don’t realize how talented both this roster and the prospect pool is. I’m not saying it’s amazing, but it does seem like people have forgotten the 2000s too easily. Back when our first round pick almost always played immediately after being drafted. Back when trading for Shawn Matthias made him our top prospect. Back when people were bonkers over Michael Frolik and gave him a lot longer than he deserved to turn into the star player he was supposed to be. Back when Michal Repik was considered our quality stock. We have like 20 Michal Repiks to choose from now, and there isn’t room on our roster for all the current nhl ready talent.

Tallon does some boneheaded shit but firing him isn’t going to fix anything. He’s had ownership adversity throughout his tenure and successfully maneuvered around it. Florida is a different beast to manage.

Reactions: Kellyr and 16Skippy

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Better question is when does Tallon make a trade to wake this team up and help the defense. We’ve got plenty of prospects and for the right return they all should be available.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Remember when Tallon traded David Booth on October 22nd, 2011 after a shaky start? Then, the team went on to make the playoffs that season? I'm wondering if he may have something up his sleeve to shake things up a bit? It's tough to really see who might be dealt at this point...but would anyone really be up in arms if it was Huberdeau or Bjugstad in a package for someone like Panarin?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Remember when Tallon traded David Booth on October 22nd, 2011 after a shaky start? Then, the team went on to make the playoffs that season? I'm wondering if he may have something up his sleeve to shake things up a bit? It's tough to really see who might be dealt at this point...but would anyone really be up in arms if it was Huberdeau or Bjugstad in a package for someone like Panarin?
Agree with the idea but we need a d-man

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Gallants team wasn’t nearly this bad and he got fired pretty quick I can see Boughner on a short leash come mid season
And it has brought us so much joy. All of last year, the entire league complimenting us for that smart decision...
If anything, I think the Gallant fiasco might give Bougner a longer leash. Unless the team goes something like 5-15-10, I don't think we'll be firing him mid-season.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

If Huby doesn't step up his game and is in the dog house again I could see it happening.

I'd personally trade Huby first because his perceived value around the league will be a lot higher than Bjugs. Also Bjugs brings it every night unlike Huby.

Huby is a good player but after the league has become about speed the last couple of years he hasn't done anything to improve his skating. While a guy like Barkov has gotten significantly better.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If Huby doesn't step up his game and is in the dog house again I could see it happening.

I'd personally trade Huby first because his perceived value around the league will be a lot higher than Bjugs. Also Bjugs brings it every night unlike Huby.

Huby is a good player but after the league has become about speed the last couple of years he hasn't done anything to improve his skating. While a guy like Barkov has gotten significantly better.
Hunts skating is just fine when he gets going. I don’t understand why his skating looks so aweful to start seasons tho. In 10 games he will go back to his 70 point pace I have no doubt. We need his playmaking skills asthere are no other players with his skill set on the roster

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Huberdeau doesn’t get enough respect. 60-70 point players aren’t that common. Consistently performs.

Unless you’re getting a #1 d back or a #2 on a good contract it’s a bad idea to move him

Reactions: I am not exposed

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Huberdeau doesn’t get enough respect. 60-70 point players aren’t that common. Consistently performs.

Unless you’re getting a #1 d back or a #2 on a good contract it’s a bad idea to move him

Definitely, Hubey is very close to the last person I'd consider trading. He's had a rough start but so far that is the exception to his usual play.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not entirely perhaps there were something going on with Rowe etc.. but if he had been performing the way Vegas was than no chance he gets the boot.. or the taxi in this case.
They were doing fine, over .500 with Huberdeau out. It was all internal, Gallant said in the Lebrun piece a while back that when they fired Tallon and got rid of Guds and Kuli he knew he was done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad