Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I mean, yeah you could fire him after the season. That's not the issue. The issue is I have no confidence in this FO to hire the right person to bring this franchise into contender status. Like I said before, after that 2016 offseason, and the firing of Gallant, all bets were off. It will take luck for this franchise to become a contender.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Hunts skating is just fine when he gets going. I don’t understand why his skating looks so aweful to start seasons tho. In 10 games he will go back to his 70 point pace I have no doubt. We need his playmaking skills asthere are no other players with his skill set on the roster

I thought that was a big issue with Hunt ;)

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
No. Tallon is building the farm guys. He’s scared to trade to make them better. It’s so obvious what needs to be done. Trade Borgstrom trade these kids. Trade a first rounder. We need more defense here. I’m sure he will stick his hand in the crop of mediocrity and bring some journeyman in and sell it to the not so knowledgeable Florida fans as tho it’s a significant signing and or trade. Its mind boggling how inept this organization is.

Different coaches
Different GMs
Different owners
Same old Panthers

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
To anyone who wants him fired now, I ask 2 questions.

1. Do you trust ownership to find someone better? They tried that once, how did that go? Personally, if they miss I'd be down to fire him asap but I'm still slightly reluctant because this ownership has not instilled any confidence that they aren't terrible. You're a Panthers fan, you know there's no rock bottom with this franchise.

2. You know the team loves Tallon. When Gallant was axed, how did they respond? Unless you feel that 1-3 is insurmountable, why would now be the time to essentially blow it up. They could easily be 2-0-2 right now. At least give it to American Thanksgiving.
Stupid questions. Obviously he should have never been re-hired. Now we are wasting everyone's time.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Stupid questions. Obviously he should have never been re-hired. Now we are wasting everyone's time.
It's not, because if you feel he should not have been rehired, question 1 applies. Do you think ownership will bring in someone better is a very valid question with this group's track record.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Organization in the best shape it’s ever been in. Never in the history have we been able to keep a
Prospect like Borg or Tippett off the team til now. Young talent all through the team and in lesser leagues. This is just fact. But results matter so if no playoffs then yes. But the new gm will have a plethora of assets and be walking into a great situation

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
I’m sure Tallon will blame this disaster Of a start on the schedule. I’m sure it’s been mentioned already actually. Excuses all the time. No pressure from the fans and media to win. That’s why they get away with mediocrity for so long. This would never fly in a big time market. They are lucky no one cares about this team.

Reactions: jvr32

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I’m sure Tallon will blame this disaster Of a start on the schedule. I’m sure it’s been mentioned already actually. Excuses all the time. No pressure from the fans and media to win. That’s why they get away with mediocrity for so long. This would never fly in a big time market. They are lucky no one cares about this team.
you and I clearly do. and very few others here. its the rage we share that shows we care. don't ever trust a happy panthers fan.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
If we miss the playoffs, whether it’s by 30pts or 1pt, he should be let go. If we make it, it depends how we do.

I’m a big Tallon guy but the constant under-achievement has to have a breaking point.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s to the point where essentially everyone should be available prospect wise other than Borgstrom to boost our team. If Tippett has to go, so be it.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i mean even with barkov and trocheck locked in i saw borgstrom isnt off limits. keep those two, once we get rid of bjugstad thatll cover the pay raises for dadonov (our most important winger to retain) and hoffman (i still have high hopes for him, just put him with a more suitable player (not trocheck). or if we keep borgstrom, im not opposed to trocheck being available for the simple fact that his value should be very very high. im not saying to sell off everyone, im not advocating for trading these players, im just open to it as opposed to the "under no circumstance would i ever consider it" camp.

werent we surpringly enough one of the few teams who inquired deeply or something at the deadline in regards to karlsson? but we'd never get him because it involves parting with the most sacred thing in the world....prospects.

what im hoping for is trade bjugstad for picks and prospects to pay for dads and hoffs pay increases. then when (hopefully) panarin becomes a free agent we trade huberdeau for a high pick and use his money to sign panarin. Dadonov-Barkov-Panarin needs to happen. Borgstrom plays with Hoffman, Trocheck runs his own line. or, with borgstrom being a highly rated center prospect, and we already have barkov and trocheck as it is, trade him for a highly rated D prospect.

but i guess at the end of the day they need to figure out goaltending and defense. reimer is too inconsistent to ever be a starter, and luongo is almost 40 and approaching retirement with a lot of recent ailments, which makes things even worse than the age itself.
we have ekblad, yandle, and matheson on D. meanwhile, we have barkov, trocheck, dadonov, huberdeau, hoffman, borgstrom, tippett, denisenko, all at forward. we have good offense but we're simply not balanced, now or for the longterm. we need to make a move for a top-4. we have more than enough pieces.

Last edited:

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
you and I clearly do. and very few others here. its the rage we share that shows we care. don't ever trust a happy panthers fan.

There's a correlation between satisfaction level and years as a fan. If you've been following the franchise since their uniform unveiling with Wayne H. like myself, well, you're not beaming with optimism. Speaking of, anyone see Brian Benning? My goodness has he aged. Conversely, Mike Hough was cryogenically frozen, apparently.

Having said that, the No. 1 reason this team is winless is because they aren't getting NHL-level goaltending. The only fault I'd place on Tallon at present is investing so heavily in Montembeault that he failed to jettison calculator boy Reimer for a DeSmith/Husso type to realistically compete with Sam.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
There's a correlation between satisfaction level and years as a fan. If you've been following the franchise since their uniform unveiling with Wayne H. like myself, well, you're not beaming with optimism. Speaking of, anyone see Brian Benning? My goodness has he aged. Conversely, Mike Hough was cryogenically frozen, apparently.

Having said that, the No. 1 reason this team is winless is because they aren't getting NHL-level goaltending. The only fault I'd place on Tallon at present is investing so heavily in Montembeault that he failed to jettison calculator boy Reimer for a DeSmith/Husso type to realistically compete with Sam.
agree were not getting the tending, but I really think the D is even weaker. its hard to find worse D in the nhl than we've been getting. the D was why I said b4 the season we had little chance. not one of our D is actually good at defending. and besides yandle none are even good offensively. and just to prevent all the ekblad 16 goal freaks, no, ekblad is not good offensively. hes slow and cant pass for crap. he'll never top 45 points if even 40. its madness.

Last edited:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Organization in the best shape it’s ever been in. Never in the history have we been able to keep a
Prospect like Borg or Tippett off the team til now. Young talent all through the team and in lesser leagues. This is just fact. But results matter so if no playoffs then yes. But the new gm will have a plethora of assets and be walking into a great situation
even if we miss the playoffs i still think tallon should stay. he will keep building and has a great eye for talent!

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
Lol i'm sitting here trying to understand what rough start has Huberdeau had? He has 2 points in 4 games so far with a center that doesn't know how to cycle the puck and compliment the way he plays and a new winger (also has 2 points) who's most likely still adjusting to the new team and system. Trocheck has 4 points. Like, what rough start has that second line actually had? All three have the same amount of combined points as the first line, that everyone is saying has looked great.. And they're only going to get better as they gel more and Hoffman gets used to the system better.

Reactions: Ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lol i'm sitting here trying to understand what rough start has Huberdeau had? He has 2 points in 4 games so far with a center that doesn't know how to cycle the puck and compliment the way he plays and a new winger (also has 2 points) who's most likely still adjusting to the new team and system. Trocheck has 4 points. Like, what rough start has that second line actually had? All three have the same amount of combined points as the first line, that everyone is saying has looked great.. And they're only going to get better as they gel more and Hoffman gets used to the system better.

I agree with what you said but if we did want to upgrade the top 4 RD spot, you dangle Huberdeau on the trade block and see if you can get a guy like Trouba or Pesce possibly.

Our LW is pretty well stocked now and into the future.

Dadonov
Hoffman
Vatrano
Mamin

Borgstrom if converted which is likely if McCann continues to perform/produce

Heponiemi
Hunt
Haapala

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018

Yeah best shape in years and they do nothing to improve the team. You can’t win cups with zero vets/experience on the team. This team is full of high draft picks who got locked up real early (which is good long term) but they haven’t earned it. They haven’t won shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad