Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Lol i'm sitting here trying to understand what rough start has Huberdeau had? He has 2 points in 4 games so far with a center that doesn't know how to cycle the puck and compliment the way he plays and a new winger (also has 2 points) who's most likely still adjusting to the new team and system. Trocheck has 4 points. Like, what rough start has that second line actually had? All three have the same amount of combined points as the first line, that everyone is saying has looked great.. And they're only going to get better as they gel more and Hoffman gets used to the system better.

Because these stats don't pass the eye test. If you have been actually watching the games, I don't see how you can possibly say they are fine. They look lost in their own zone, break outs are terrible, and have no chemistry in the o zone.

That 2nd line has been our worst line so far. I think we should shake it up a bit to get huber and hoff going. Then if they play better later and you want to put them back together that's fine. But they look terrible right now.

Reactions: I am not exposed

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
Because these stats don't pass the eye test. If you have been actually watching the games, I don't see how you can possibly say they are fine. They look lost in their own zone, break outs are terrible, and have no chemistry in the o zone.

That 2nd line has been our worst line so far. I think we should shake it up a bit to get huber and hoff going. Then if they play better later and you want to put them back together that's fine. But they look terrible right now.
But, like I said, they will most likely get as better as they could. or maybe they should just make the move that really needs to be done and get Trocheck away from them. They're getting the production, but if you really want 11 and 68 to excel then put 21 on another line with whoever, and watch him get his points all by himself and then put mccann, borgstrom, malgin, with 11 and 68. Really doesn't matter just anyone who can be a team player. IMO.

I love Trocheck and think he's a great player, but I personally think if YOU have actually been watching the games then the reason why they're not as good as they can be is because of their center. And that is why I feel bad for huby. Huby is a player that needs to be able to cycle the puck around with his teammates and our brilliant coach took him away from the one player on our team who's godly at doing just that. Can't be mad at Huby because that's just how he plays and we're forcing him to be with a selfish center since last year and then our brilliant coach is going to punish him because he can't just change his style of play? SMH!

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Why does he quote also the PP Numbers of the Panthers and the rank we have? That we are good on 5on5 is nothing new. But we cant handle the old Problems, if McFarland cant handle the PP take it him away. 2 Years without any good PP or many more.

We all know the PP has been a steaming pile so far. No need to post those numbers. Agree about McFarland, he's gonna be the new Kelly soon if he doesn't make it work.

-ghoste

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
But, like I said, they will most likely get as better as they could. or maybe they should just make the move that really needs to be done and get Trocheck away from them. They're getting the production, but if you really want 11 and 68 to excel then put 21 on another line with whoever, and watch him get his points all by himself and then put mccann, borgstrom, malgin, with 11 and 68. Really doesn't matter just anyone who can be a team player. IMO.

I love Trocheck and think he's a great player, but I personally think if YOU have actually been watching the games then the reason why they're not as good as they can be is because of their center. And that is why I feel bad for huby. Huby is a player that needs to be able to cycle the puck around with his teammates and our brilliant coach took him away from the one player on our team who's godly at doing just that. Can't be mad at Huby because that's just how he plays and we're forcing him to be with a selfish center since last year and then our brilliant coach is going to punish him because he can't just change his style of play? SMH!

sure, I agree that huber and hoff need to be separated from trocheck. so doesn't that mean the second line doesn't work...? Those three are the second line right now (or rather was), and a lot of us are saying that line sucks. you're saying it's trocheck's problem, which is basically saing that huberg, trocheck, hoff don't work well together. not sure where the dispute is...

I agree with you, stick mccann or somebody else in the middle, and put trocheck with others and you'll then have three pretty good lines. Only problem I see right now is that I wouldn't want to split up the third line because it's been working pretty well, but if splitting up the 3rd line can get huber and hoff going, I'm all for it.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
We all know the PP has been a steaming pile so far. No need to post those numbers. Agree about McFarland, he's gonna be the new Kelly soon if he doesn't make it work.

-ghoste

But we also know that the Panthers one of the best 5on5 Teams, since the Gallant Era. Even there we doesnt had that big PP but a better 5on5 Game. So for me are those numbers also no big surprise.
Its Media only tell them the good Sides not the bad Sites of the Team.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Leaving Madison Square Garden today October 23, 2018- it's up to Dale Tallon to do something to shake this up big time before the next puck drop.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Dale's ego has got to be shattered.

His character team with size (been drafting since 2010) is struggling mightily in a skill/speed driven league in 2018.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Dale's ego has got to be shattered.

His character team with size (been drafting since 2010) is struggling mightily in a skill/speed driven league in 2018.
Guess your aren’t watching the games at all. The team isn’t struggling with any of that. In fact it is controlling the play for a lot of these games. The goalie not being able to save simple routine shots or plays does not reflect on the tram in front of it. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and find a new narrative.

Reactions: ShootIt

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Guess your aren’t watching the games at all. The team isn’t struggling with any of that. In fact it is controlling the play for a lot of these games. The goalie not being able to save simple routine shots or plays does not reflect on the tram in front of it. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and find a new narrative.
maybe u should ever admit the team is bad when they do nothing but play bad for 25 years. I mean seriously would the players have to break into ur house and waterboard u? like what horrible thing can this franchise do to lose u that they haven't already done? its stockholm syndrome on meth at this point.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Imagine you hired a contractor to build you a home. You agreed on a 5 year blueprint to produce a livable home. 9 years later, you still can't live there. What would you do? How would you feel?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he doesn't put all of his efforts with fixing the D-zone during the next 10 months I don't know what to say.

He's done a good job with re-tooling the F group but has completely ignored(and kept ignoring) the D-zone.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Imagine you hired a contractor to build you a home. You agreed on a 5 year blueprint to produce a livable home. 9 years later, you still can't live there. What would you do? How would you feel?
Imagine if you took him out after 5 years and did some work yourself on the home that was looking great, and on schedule. And then put him back in when you see you've messed up. Now, we're back to the familar environment we were before Tallon came, just floating around, throwing stuff at the wall as potential fixes, not going anywhere. Either get lucky, or start a new rebuild, that's going to be the potential fixes. Hiring or firing people at this point is just throwing more stuff at the wall.

Last edited:

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Imagine if you took him out after 5 years and did some work yourself on the home that was looking great, and on schedule. And then put him back in when you see you've messed up. Now, we're back to the familar environment we were before Tallon came, just floating around, throwing stuff at the wall as potential fixes, not going anywhere. Either get lucky, or start a new rebuild, that's going to be the potential fixes. Hiring or firing people at this point is just throwing more stuff at the wall.

I think you are saying, at this point, you would do nothing.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think you are saying, at this point, you would do nothing.
After you fire Tallon we're going to be...... right where we are now.
I think I'm saying fine do something, but do something that's actually going to fix this situation. Don't just do something, doing something is not the fix in of itself. But I'm also saying that, this situation's fix is relying on luck or a rebuild. I have no confidence in this FO not hiring someone that's going put this franchise into a carbon copy of the first 25 years of it's existence, for the next 25 years.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

in all fairness you "promoted" him to vice president of nothing a few years ago only to replace him with your your gf's friends cousin whose good at math... You thought he could make the bathroom pop... In stead he shit the bed and then you ran back to uncle dale... So whose fault is it really.

**** i just saw the same post above... great minds think alike!

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I'd like to say yes, that Tallon's time has come and gone, and that it's time for someone new to take the helm but what does that change? We bring in a new chief in the front office and I'm afraid that instead of working with what we have he blows everything up and brings in 'his' people. Say goodbye to Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, and so on and so on. we'd get a good firesale for picks but again start from scratch "waiting for the youth movement."

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Anybody who thinks this team needs to be blown up forgot what stuff looked like when we didn’t have enough NHL talent to fill a roster. Kamil Kreps sounds familiar? Anthony Stewart?

We have so much internally grown or youth acquired talent. To think this team needs to be blown up is crazy talk. It might need a shakeup and a solution for a goalie crisis, but you don’t sell on a team like this if you’re Florida. You don’t sell on something that *can* win. Because legit, none of those 2000s teams sans one stellar Olli Jokinen team even sniffed the surface of success or had even the tiniest of chances of making the playoffs.

Reactions: Vilam

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Anybody who thinks this team needs to be blown up forgot what stuff looked like when we didn’t have enough NHL talent to fill a roster. Kamil Kreps sounds familiar? Anthony Stewart?

We have so much internally grown or youth acquired talent. To think this team needs to be blown up is crazy talk. It might need a shakeup and a solution for a goalie crisis, but you don’t sell on a team like this if you’re Florida. You don’t sell on something that *can* win. Because legit, none of those 2000s teams sans one stellar Olli Jokinen team even sniffed the surface of success or had even the tiniest of chances of making the playoffs.

GG showed how you make an PO Team and after he leaved the Panthers Orga, he did it again with Vegas with more talent.
So somewhere must be a problem that they cant get going.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

How long do we wait for results? Over his eight years at the helm, we have fluked into the playoffs twice, I know our standards as Panthers fan are low, but jeez. Twice in the better part of a decade, that is not good enough.

The bottom line is Tallon is paid to be better at judging hockey players than the average person, he is paid to be an expert at putting together a hockey team, and he has failed thus far. He has had plenty of time to work around whatever limitations he's had and to put a competitive team on the ice and he just hasn't done it. And no, this isn't an injury problem, if your team depends on a 40-year-old goalie to be any good, your team sucks.

Tallon should not get another year if this team misses again.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Jeez if we had to put up with Pronger, I'd just as soon keep Tallon on a short leash with the committee working closely with the scouts on acquisitions. That being said, I have no problem with Brian McCabe (even though unproven). Tom Fitzgerald (interview between periods) is another guy that is a strong candidate. What we don't need are castoffs looking for a job. :)

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
How long do we wait for results? Over his eight years at the helm, we have fluked into the playoffs twice, I know our standards as Panthers fan are low, but jeez. Twice in the better part of a decade, that is not good enough.

The bottom line is Tallon is paid to be better at judging hockey players than the average person, he is paid to be an expert at putting together a hockey team, and he has failed thus far. He has had plenty of time to work around whatever limitations he's had and to put a competitive team on the ice and he just hasn't done it. And no, this isn't an injury problem, if your team depends on a 40-year-old goalie to be any good, your team sucks.

Tallon should not get another year if this team misses again.

I think my response was more triggered by a suggestion that this team needs to clear house, and less so by the real focus of this thread.

I still support Tallon and I do think you are overlooking the big booboo that was Rowe and the Gallant fiasco, which I think justifiably allows Tallon to remain employed. I also think that ownership often handcuffs management with the money, and that needs to be taken into account.

Though yes, Tallon didn’t do us any favors when faced with ownership handcuffing him by trading away Marchessault for a bag of pucks.

You’ve got points but I don’t think it’s that black and white. But also, I want to reiterate that I was combating the notion of a sell-off. Entirely unnecessary.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I think it would be fair to say that all discussions about how this team has been run for the past 8 years come back to ownership. We can talk all we want about what tallon has or has not done well, but all discussions will be colored by what happened with gallant, rowe, and expansion. We all know that ownership was involved, we just don't know how much. So it's really hard to judge tallon fairly when you take those things into account.

If ownership continues to meddle and limit budget, it won't matter who is the gm. Until you put the hockey people 100% in charge with a clearly competitive budget, this team won't be able to have consistent and sustainable success. I really hope ownership has learned their lesson or the future of this franchise is questionable.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think it would be fair to say that all discussions about how this team has been run for the past 8 years come back to ownership. We can talk all we want about what tallon has or has not done well, but all discussions will be colored by what happened with gallant, rowe, and expansion. We all know that ownership was involved, we just don't know how much. So it's really hard to judge tallon fairly when you take those things into account.

If ownership continues to meddle and limit budget, it won't matter who is the gm. Until you put the hockey people 100% in charge with a clearly competitive budget, this team won't be able to have consistent and sustainable success. I really hope ownership has learned their lesson or the future of this franchise is questionable.

Well they can play that game in another state. Their fan base will disappear entirely eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad