Talk me off the ledge about Trevor Lawrence

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This was actually his real rookie season being coached by a real NFL coach instead of a frat boy manchild. He will be a monster once he puts it all together.
Jax needs to acquire a big time play maker. Kirk and Jones are WR2/3. Think a Hopkins would help him out in the short term.

They need to make sure the OL is solid to protect him and get him a big time weapon. Think WR have seen his emergence and the play calling from the HC and would be willing to go to Jax now.

If i am a big time WR I’d got play with Lawrence over Jackson and Fields. Also due to the HC.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Jax needs to acquire a big time play maker. Kirk and Jones are WR2/3. Think a Hopkins would help him out in the short term.

They need to make sure the OL is solid to protect him and get him a big time weapon. Think WR have seen his emergence and the play calling from the HC and would be willing to go to Jax now.

If i am a big time WR I’d got play with Lawrence over Jackson and Fields. Also due to the HC.

They acquired Calvin Ridley

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jaguars are in a zone where they can go tight end round 1. They got a career year out of Evan Engram, and they can’t keep paying veteran receivers.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They acquired Calvin Ridley
Is he a WR1?

The TE in this draft I don’t think Mayer has the fluidity of Kelce. Better all around TE in terms of blocking from what I read. He’s more in the Witten/Olsen type than Kelce. But the HC did use the TE a lot in Philly so that’s probably an area they can look to upgrade.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Trevor his whole career benefitted from playing lesser talented opponents from high school to college other than 1-2 times a year if that. Now that the playing field is level it remains to be seen what he can do. I actually really like him but the fact he went from "Next Peyton Manning" most of his college career to maybe he'll be a great starter at some point speaks volumes. You can blame that on whatever and the team that drafted him, but ultimately he's very far from being the "Next Peyton Manning"

Reactions: Melrose Munch

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Us Jags fans have been calling for Press Taylor to be fired since the first game of the season. Need the play calls to come from Doug.

I didn’t buy into the hype after last season. Part of it is we didn’t do anything to improve our defense, our O Line isn’t great and the other is my PTSD of being a Jags fan. I thought Lawrence would be steady, especially with Ridley, but I didn’t believe we were going to be some dynamic explosive offense.

Still lots of time to turn things around, but getting mopped at home by the Texans gave me 2018 vibes, or in other words, that familiar feeling that being a Jags fan is used to.

Reactions: Pestilence

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
hermes-bender.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Us Jags fans have been calling for Press Taylor to be fired since the first game of the season. Need the play calls to come from Doug.

I didn’t buy into the hype after last season. Part of it is we didn’t do anything to improve our defense, our O Line isn’t great and the other is my PTSD of being a Jags fan. I thought Lawrence would be steady, especially with Ridley, but I didn’t believe we were going to be some dynamic explosive offense.

Still lots of time to turn things around, but getting mopped at home by the Texans gave me 2018 vibes, or in other words, that familiar feeling that being a Jags fan is used to.
I don't think the weapons are elite. OL, still needs an anchor on it. Lost Cam Robinson for the year to a knee I believe.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Pretty awful way to end your season. The play call and design wasn't very imaginative. The execution was pretty awful. I know Lawrence is playing hurt but airmailing it time and again when they need you to carry them to win is a concerning thing to have happen.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He has been a little disappointing for a generational QB hasn't he? Still early of course as he is only 24, and the team around him certainly isn't that great which is inexcusable given how bad they have been for so many years. Drafting higher should net better quality players and a better team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He has been a little disappointing for a generational QB hasn't he? Still early of course as he is only 24, and the team around him certainly isn't that great which is inexcusable given how bad they have been for so many years. Drafting higher should net better quality players and a better team.
I can't help but wonder how much the franchise was hurt by the one year of Urban Meyer.

Reactions: fin8

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can't help but wonder how much the franchise was hurt by the one year of Urban Meyer.
Besides Lawrence and Etienne who is a good back, but he's not a top 3 back in the AFC when there is Chubb, Taylor, Henry (in his prime). Jax for as bad as they have been for years do not have a lot of high end quality players. No stud OL and the receiving weapons are just ok. No one I'd call a WR1 or a higher end TE.

Defence has Allen, but after him, what has Walker done as a 1OA pick? Anything in the secondary? Or an impact LB?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
he has plenty of weapons and a coach who can draw up good plays. he just cant put it all together consistently. hopefully he can find that next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad