Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
`1707 Yards pass
6.9 yards per attempt
63 percent Completion
9 Touchdowns
4 Picks
243.9 Yards passing

This is very pedestrian, and his play looks worse when you actually watch. Don't wanna see this kid bust, is there anyway he can turn it around?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can he turn it around to be what he was expected? Still a maybe.

Jax whiffed big on their 2020 draft. CB Henderson and WR LS have already been dumped.

Nothing special offensively at any position be it OL, WR, TE, RB. Etienne is a good back but I don’t think he’s at The level of a Kamara or CMC as a duo threat. As a pure runner I don’t see special. Not sure there is a pro bowl talent among the 10 guys that he plays with. Falls on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melrose Munch

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
- His first coach was Urb. The dude who was more about gettin up in the club than coaching

- We're barely into year 2

- The rest of the team isn't that great

- If a team can wait 47,761 years for Daniel f***ing Jones to stop being arguably the worst QB in the NFL by a considerable margin and then suddenly he's leading a 6-1 team, the Jags can wait a little longer on Lawrence improving from being really meh

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont think we all realize how terrible of a coach Urban was for than entire organization. Lawrence basically lost a year under him. Id give him at least through the end of the year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whenever I think about Trevor Lawrence, I remember how everyone was glad he didn’t end up on the Jets for the exact reasons he’s underachieved with the Jaguars. I lol’ed then and still do so now.

He’s simply ok right now. Here’s what I’d say: draw a line through last year with how obvious the shit show that was. He may as well been injured. This his rookie season. His current head coach and QB coach presided over Carson Wentz having an MVP-caliber season before winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles, and they didn’t have a Stefon Diggs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is the first time in almost a decade he joined a bad team. When he went to Clemson, they were comin off multiple CFP title game appearances and had one of the best coaches in the NCAA. The team was "ready made."

Give him some time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He looks...fine. Not the guy everyone was expecting yet, but leaps and bounds ahead of where he was this time last season. That alone is an indication it wasn't all his fault last season.

Urb was so bad i honestly think Lawrence is an exception to the general "two years to show something or GTFO" rule we generally see with QBs.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Lawrence has ridiculous tangibles.
He's got some ridiculous velocity on his throws. Pretty good athleticism.

Doesn't seem like he put it together mentally the one time I saw him (game 1 vs Washington).
He's got time to figure it out...but I will say he is not strikingly competent at the moment.

Some QBs are slower bloomers, like Josh Allen, Tua, etc.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
But the Jags spent big money on Christian Kirk of all f***ing people. Dude is trash.
AJ Brown got traded but with the Titans in division not sure there would have been a deal made between them.

They needed to get Lawrence a go to guy. Kirk is a WR2 tops. First is to protect your QB then get him a go to receiver.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He is supposed to be a generational Qb so the results have been disappointing. Then again, the talent around him is not particularly good. How does Jacksonville's o-line compare to all of those around the league? Average, below-average?

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This sad thread belongs in a team forum. Learn how HF works before posting.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That would not be nearly enough, Lance has shown almost nothing in 2 years, and there would be no chance without a 2023 1st

OK, Niners add a 2023 5th and 7th to that deal.. You know they would. That would give the Niners a grand total of zero draft picks in 2023 lol.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
it took Allen 3 years to become elite

he had an iffy 2 years to start

Also coincided with Buffalo acquiring a legit WR1 in Diggs.

This narrative drives me insane. Allen had one of the worst supporting casts his rookie year you’ll ever see. Yet, he still improved a ton from the first half to the second half of the season.

And then he improved a ton his second year (improved each quarter of play). Starting in October of year two, Allen had 17 passing touchdowns to 3 interceptions and clearly passed into the good QB territory with a lot of flashes of brilliance. Lumping his first two years together is so silly.

It also completely ignores Allen’s bizarre college career of being a juco player and then playing on an awful Wyoming team. He came into the league very raw.

Using Allen as a benchmark for “maybe a bad/average qb will magically become elite” is so goofy as it didn’t happen to Allen…and the context that applied to Allen doesn’t apply to others

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Allen had a better roster than most of these QBs that got drafted recently. Buffalo was a playoff team that season before the draft. Moved a couple of good vets, OL to Cincy to swap picks, and a couple of others like Darby the CB for a second rounder. Traded up to TB at 7 to grab Allen. And he’s had stability in the coaching ranks. He was wild in his playoff game vs Houston.

So I’d give Lawrence and all of the others more time who ended up on bad rosters. Pressure is on Wilson with the Jets now that the D looks to be on track. Up to him to pick up the O.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
The promised prince hasn’t shown his full potential yet. I think he needs an elite WR. If he had the receivers Burrow has, I think he would shine. We’ll see.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This narrative drives me insane. Allen had one of the worst supporting casts his rookie year you’ll ever see. Yet, he still improved a ton from the first half to the second half of the season.

And then he improved a ton his second year (improved each quarter of play). Starting in October of year two, Allen had 17 passing touchdowns to 3 interceptions and clearly passed into the good QB territory with a lot of flashes of brilliance. Lumping his first two years together is so silly.

It also completely ignores Allen’s bizarre college career of being a juco player and then playing on an awful Wyoming team. He came into the league very raw.

Using Allen as a benchmark for “maybe a bad/average qb will magically become elite” is so goofy as it didn’t happen to Allen…and the context that applied to Allen doesn’t apply to others
Allen was not a polished passer in year 2. I remember how the BIlls beat Dallas. It was with his legs and the passing was barely even a dimension for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad