Rumor: Talbot on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He traded nothing for Zack Kassian, and he has become an important role player for the Oilers. He traded nothing for Cam Talbot, and he was great two years ago and solid to finish off the season, despite being horrible before Christmas this year. Schultz was okay because everyone thought nobody would give us anything for him.
He traded a 2nd+3rd+7th for Talbot+7th. Thats not nothing, thats a 2nd and a 3rd rounder. Pretty fair deal imo both then and now.
Kassian for Ben Schrivens lol... Sure Edm won that trade but its a depth move and Kassian is a bottom 6 player at best who hits and runs around like a crazy man. They are far from damn good trades that you said he had made.

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Lol, you call those great trades? The one good trade he has made was the Talbot trade. I won't even go into detail about the terrible signings he has made in free agency such as Lucic, and Sekera. Wow oiler fans are really grasping at straws trying to defend their terrible GM

No, that's not what I wrote.
You asked for "good" trades and I answered with Talbot. Maroon and Kassian "weren't bad either". That's literally what I wrote, nothing more.
"LOL"

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Lol, you call those great trades? The one good trade he has made was the Talbot trade. I won't even go into detail about the terrible signings he has made in free agency such as Lucic, and Sekera. Wow oiler fans are really grasping at straws trying to defend their terrible GM
Love or hate Chiarelli it is absurd to deny the success of the trades which acquired Maroon and Kassian. Both played crucial roles in the 2016-2017 season while Maroon established himself as a top 6 NHL forward.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He traded a 2nd+3rd+7th for Talbot+7th. Thats not nothing, thats a 2nd and a 3rd rounder. Pretty fair deal imo both then and now.
Kassian for Ben Schrivens lol... Sure Edm won that trade but its a depth move and Kassian is a bottom 6 player at best who hits and runs around like a crazy man. They are far from damn good trades that you said he had made.
They are good trades. Depth pieces for a starting goalie and a guy who has become a key player in our organization. He also got Maroon at 50% for a 4th rounder. Maroon has since established himself as a middle six winger, if not moreso. I never said Chiarelli doesn't have bad trades, he absolutely does, but people act like he's Mike Milbury here.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The fact that the Fourth Period is the only outlet peddling this rumour leads me to believe it's bogus.

But I'll give them credit that it makes some sense considering Talbot either gets paid or gets purged after this season. And with younger, less developed 'starting' goaltenders on the market in FA like Mrazek, Grubauer, Lehner, etc, it's not completely impossible they'd consider that option since their payroll is a little tight.

That being said, moving Talbot may not be the most popular idea in the locker room considering how much the team has relied on him the past two seasons.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
They are good trades. Depth pieces for a starting goalie and a guy who has become a key player in our organization. He also got Maroon at 50% for a 4th rounder. Maroon has since established himself as a middle six winger, if not moreso. I never said Chiarelli doesn't have bad trades, he absolutely does, but people act like he's Mike Milbury here.
You said he had made some garbage trades and some damn good ones. I wouldnt call any of those trades damn good ones.... They are decent-good trades. If Kassian is a key player in your organization no wonder why Edm struggle...
Chia isnt that far from Milbury imo.... Look at all the guys he has traded away that i listed earlier and what he has gotten in return for them, its laughable how bad the total return is for all of those guys he has traded away.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You said he had made some garbage trades and some damn good ones. I wouldnt call any of those trades damn good ones.... They are decent-good trades. If Kassian is a key player in your organization no wonder why Edm struggle...
Chia isnt that far from Milbury imo.... Look at all the guys he has traded away that i listed earlier and what he has gotten in return for them, its laughable how bad the total return is for all of those guys he has traded away.

Getting solid roster players who are a key part of a team (Kassian was a huge part of Edmonton making the 2nd round last year) for mid round picks are damn good trades in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad