Rumor: Talbot on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I still think Oilers need a better goalie than Talbot if they ever wanna win, but unsure who they would make a pitch for to upgrade

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What goalies are available that are better than Talbot either in FA or in trade that make enough sense to get rid of him?

I'm quite shocked to be honest on this one.
He's likely the best goalie out there, which is why I think they may be listening to offers. Not sure I like our options in net if we move him though. Its a huge gamble to expect Koskinen to start for us.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Grubauer?

I don't really think Grubauer is better.. I mean he could be once he actually plays as a #1 or else he could flop as a starter too..like Darling

Im not a huge fan of Talbot but IMO its too risky moving him out and rolling with Grubauer

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jesus this is getting old. Yes, he's made some garbage trades. He's also made some damn good ones, so it isn't like every deal he makes is a flub.

unfortunately I don't think itll ever die... especially when things happen to remind fans of his trades(ex. Barzal calder and Hall MVP type things).... right when it dies down, reminders pop up it seems which is unfortunate and must be annoying for fans to constantly read

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Chiarelli has no patience... Once things go bad, he loses his shit and reacts instantly. Learn from Pens, didnt trade Fleury, Malkin, Letang etc even when things looked bad and they turned it around because they had a very good core. Edm has that aswell and Chia has already weakened it since he came to Edm by doing stupid stuff instead of beeing patient.

I get it, its frustrating when you dont compete but a GM´s job is to make the right moves and thats why most of them take their time and go over it 10000 times before they make moves.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Sparks is worth talbot and 10

tenor.gif

Reactions: KirkW

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Sparks is worth talbot and 10

Seabrook @50% + is worth talbot

Does Talbot have serious negative value in your opinion? I love Sparks and have watched him since his Guelph Storm days, but he is still a work in progress and trading him at this point we would be very lucky to get a late 1st.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
Jesus this is getting old. Yes, he's made some garbage trades. He's also made some damn good ones, so it isn't like every deal he makes is a flub.
What good trades has he made exactly? Oh you must be talking about the Larsson for Hall deal oh wait no, the Griffen Reinhart for Barzal and Beauvillier deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad