Rumor: Talbot on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Does Talbot have serious negative value in your opinion? I love Sparks and have watched him since his Guelph Storm days, but he is still a work in progress and trading him at this point we would be very lucky to get a late 1st.

Yes, sparks is a future multi Vezina winner. Talbot is trash.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Does Talbot have serious negative value in your opinion? I love Sparks and have watched him since his Guelph Storm days, but he is still a work in progress and trading him at this point we would be very lucky to get a late 1st.

Lol @ taking that poster seriously and lol @ thinking Garret f***ing Sparks returns anything close a 1st ronud pick.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What good trades has he made exactly? Oh you must be talking about the Larsson for Hall deal oh wait no, the Griffen Reinhart for Barzal and Beauvillier deal....

getting Talbot for picks was the only good one I can think of off top of my head... every other move has been horrendous. Even many moves in Boston were headscratchers

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Jesus this is getting old. Yes, he's made some garbage trades. He's also made some damn good ones, so it isn't like every deal he makes is a flub.
Which is the trades he has made that are damn good?
The guy has traded away Hall, Barzal (pick), Eberle, Kessel, Wheeler, Rakell(pick), Seguin, Schultz etc... The Kessel trade was a good trade because they got three picks and Bruins selected Seguin, Hamilton and Jared Knight. Then he traded Seguin lol.... He has a horrible trade history, arguably the worst in the NHL

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Haha Uncle Chia is in trade mode. Talbot of all the failures on that team is his choice, Nugget is the one that needs to go. Underachieved/failed his entire career, you would need the jaws of life to separate him from 97s coattails #herecometheoilers

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Here's to hoping Bergevin and Chia make a massive blockbuster.... that would be the most entertainment ive seen in a long time. A couple guys that are very well known to make horrendous moves

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im pretty sure not too long ago i heard Chia say he hopes Talbot is their guy for a long time. Not that it necessarily matters, but neither does Pagnotta.

Anyway i doubt there would be an offer on the table that makes it worth to create a goalie problem. Talbot-Koskinen sounds pretty solid for next year, just roll with it.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If they trade Talbot they're all in on Koskinen being their starter. NHL level players get overrated all the time, this COULD be one such case.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Im pretty sure not too long ago i heard Chia say he hopes Talbot is their guy for a long time. Not that it necessarily matters, but neither does Pagnotta.

Anyway i doubt there would be an offer on the table that makes it worth to create a goalie problem. Talbot-Koskinen sounds pretty solid for next year, just roll with it.
Lehtonen-Niemi sounded great when it was 1st announced.
I doubt 2 #1 caliber goalies can split a lot of time and both flourish.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
What good trades has he made exactly? Oh you must be talking about the Larsson for Hall deal oh wait no, the Griffen Reinhart for Barzal and Beauvillier deal....

One probably shouldn't even bother with a response, but I'll give you a hint: it involves the very player named in the OP.
Maroon and Kassian for peanuts weren't bad either.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Which is the trades he has made that are damn good?
The guy has traded away Hall, Barzal (pick), Eberle, Kessel, Wheeler, Rakell(pick), Seguin, Schultz etc... The Kessel trade was a good trade because they got three picks and Bruins selected Seguin, Hamilton and Jared Knight. Then he traded Seguin lol.... He has a horrible trade history, arguably the worst in the NHL

He traded nothing for Zack Kassian, and he has become an important role player for the Oilers. He traded nothing for Cam Talbot, and he was great two years ago and solid to finish off the season, despite being horrible before Christmas this year. Schultz was okay because everyone thought nobody would give us anything for him.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Lehtonen-Niemi sounded great when it was 1st announced.
I doubt 2 #1 caliber goalies can split a lot of time and both flourish.

I can assure you Koskinen is not expecting to be the starter. He signed a 2.5M deal and hasn't proven anything in the NHL, meanwhile Talbot is playing like 70 games per year.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
One probably shouldn't even bother with a response, but I'll give you a hint: it involves the very player named in the OP.
Maroon and Kassian for peanuts weren't bad either.
Lol, you call those great trades? The one good trade he has made was the Talbot trade. I won't even go into detail about the terrible signings he has made in free agency such as Lucic, and Sekera. Wow oiler fans are really grasping at straws trying to defend their terrible GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad