Dreger: Talbot may be willing to accept a trade to anywhere

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hmmmm florida? They always seem to acquire goalies it seems...He can go somewhere where nobody recognizes him

Richard Moistmaker

May 9, 2018
Howard & Nyquist (both @ 50% retention) for Talbot, 2019 First (top 10 protected), and Bear or Pulujiarvi (forgive my spelling)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
At this point I'm sure EVERY Edmonton Oiler player would accept a trade to anywhere but Edmonton. So I'm not sure how this is news. :laugh:

I bet you are wrong ? Oh that’s right Talbot has reportedly turned down a trade to an eastern conference team .

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Say Detroit offers Edmonton

Nyquist (pending UFA)
Green (1 season on contract)
Howard (pending UFA)

all at 50% retention

And took back Spooner and Talbot at full pop... What does the rest of that trade look like?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Nyquist (pending UFA)
Howard (pending UFA)

all at 50% retention

And took back Spooner and Talbot at full pop... What does the rest of that trade look like?
And why would Detroit do that? We retain on 3 of the best players in the deal, Spooner is meh making $3.1 million for another season. Talbot is considered a cap dump. And besides i doubt Green would waive for Edmonton when he's played his entire career in the east. Don't see Green wanting to play that far west.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010

Nyquist (pending UFA)
Howard (pending UFA)

all at 50% retention

You really won’t like it. Probably a minimum of 2 1sts and 2nds.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
And why would Detroit do that? We retain on 3 of the best players in the deal, Spooner is meh making $3.1 million for another season. Talbot is considered a cap dump. And besides i doubt Green would waive for Edmonton when he's played his entire career in the east. Don't see Green wanting to play that far west.

You didn't read my entire post I guess. I want you to tell me what needs to be added to make that deal happen. I am fully aware that Detroit would block and delete Chiarelli's contact info if he offered that deal as I've left it. I want you to add in the picks and prospects to make Detroit say "yes."

Also, Green is from Alberta, he grew up in Calgary. Maybe he says no, but I don't think you really have much to go on by saying "he's played in the east his whole career." He had no control over that for most of his career - until he signed his last two contracts with Detroit.

You really won’t like it. Probably a minimum of 2 1sts and 2nds.

I would love that! I'm a Red Wings fan.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You didn't read my entire post I guess. I want you to tell me what needs to be added to make that deal happen. I am fully aware that Detroit would block and delete Chiarelli's contact info if he offered that deal as I've left it. I want you to add in the picks and prospects to make Detroit say "yes."

Also, Green is from Alberta, he grew up in Calgary. Maybe he says no, but I don't think you really have much to go on by saying "he's played in the east his whole career." He had no control over that for most of his career - until he signed his last two contracts with Detroit.

I would love that! I'm a Red Wings fan.
Well Edmonton would definitely need to add big time here, 2 1st and a 2nd is a good start on top of it. Because other then that it's pretty bad for us.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Maybe a 3 way trade here is what may be in order,Talbot carries to much cap ,and EDM cant retain...Maybe a go between team with cap space can help??

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
WTF are you talking about... for two rentals and Green? My God even Chiarelli isn't that dumb.
Nyquist is worth a 1st without retention.
Green is worth a 1st without retention.
Howard with retention is easily a 2nd.

Talbots and spooner are both cap dumps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad