Dreger: Talbot may be willing to accept a trade to anywhere

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I still think Talbot can be a good goalie for a team. As bad as his overall numbers have been, he has played some good games this season.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Someone needs to get him and Dubnyk in a room together, just to talk it out. He could still salvage his career, just not in Edmonton

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What teams need a starter next year?

Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Vancouver don't have rock solid #1 options next season.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Why wouldn't he? Who wants to be part of a decade long tire fire. It's becoming comical, almost like a bad movie. But Lowe and MacT still know a thing or two about winning.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What teams need a starter next year?

Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Vancouver don't have rock solid #1 options next season.
Not that I disagree, but moving him to Jersey would be doing what Chia did to him with Schneider and Kinkaid as well!
I'd still like to take him on for assets, so Chia had some money to but a new shiny toy or two at the deadline. Would take other expiring contracts too, make the cap work for ya Ray!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Interesting that Pete and the Oilers would handle it this way. Does Talbot even commend any value at this point? Fresh start?

Depends on what you mean by value. There are 31 NHL teams, and not 31 starting caliber goalies, so it might be possible that the Oilers find a team willing to take a chance on him for the remainder of the year in hope that he shakes off the Oilers funk, looks good for their team, and could be a decent goalie for them going forward. We aren't getting anything of quality back for him though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd be interested in Talbot to split duties with Rittich next year. I think he can rebound with a competent defense in front of him. Price needs to be under 2 million.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Talbot for Stalock? Gives the Oilers about $3.5m in cap space.

Identical SV%'s this year, though Stalock's xSV% is probably a lot lower. He's a serviceable backup if the Oilers are rolling with Koskinen. Obviously it'd be purely for the cap room; if Edmonton is trying to flip Talbot for a pick or a forward or something it makes no sense.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Any team should take him to be their #1.

Only stipulation is that he has twins again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad