Talbot lets one in from centre ice

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's a tricky bounce, but I don't understand why goalies want to glove it in that situation. If you know the puck is bouncing unpredictably, put your whole body in front of it and try to catch after it hits you.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
To be completely honest it was more because the rest of the division started off horribly to the season, not that the Oilers were playing like a playoff team. Once the California teams got rolled there was no chance of Edmonton making it
I'm not saying the Oilers were a playoff team, just pointing out Talbot was pretty damn good when the games still meant something for the team.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
It's a tricky bounce, but I don't understand why goalies want to glove it in that situation. If you know the puck is bouncing unpredictably, put your whole body in front of it and try to catch after it hits you.

This, I don't understand why they try and catch it with a fraction of what they could put behind it.

Embarrassing

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Chill out. It's just one game. I'll be laughing at all of you when the oilers are back stopped to the playoffs by Talbot

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Chill out. It's just one game. I'll be laughing at all of you when the oilers are back stopped to the playoffs by Talbot

The defense needs major work before we can start considering them as a playoff team. Defense as in a defensive system and having players play as a structured unit, not defense as in defense-men.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
The defense needs major work before we can start considering them as a playoff team. Defense as in a defensive system and having players play as a structured unit, not defense as in defense-men.

Maybe so, but the defense is way better than last year with Klefbom and Larsson and McDavid can probably outscore the defensive troubles in most of the games.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Maybe so, but the defense is way better than last year with Klefbom and Larsson and McDavid can probably outscore the defensive troubles in most of the games.

Don't hold your breath.. outscoring defensive problems will never get u into playoffs.. they r bleeding goals and chances against so far and if it doesn't get Clea ed up Mc jesus can score 120 and they aren't sniffing playoffs

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Don't hold your breath.. outscoring defensive problems will never get u into playoffs.. they r bleeding goals and chances against so far and if it doesn't get Clea ed up Mc jesus can score 120 and they aren't sniffing playoffs

it usually does.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
He looked ok at the world championships yea? He had a garbage game so he is trash now lol
He is a middle of the pack starter capable of carrying the weight like he did the second half last year and at the worlds
Calm down

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Ugly bounce off the ice in front of him...but I think Talbot needs to adjust himself better to handle it..instead of reaching out kind of to grab it...he shoulda squared up in the butterfly and let it hit him.

Overall not a great start to the season for Talbot. And now Gustavsson looks like he might be out for a while.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
I bobbled, it's ugly but not as bad as..

Not a great start for Talbot this year but I put the blame on Chia. Gustavsson isn't a great back up. There was nobody to push him to be better like Nilsson did last year. Talbot lost the starter role for awhile and came back and played great.

And the majority of the team seemed to be disinterested. Gotta work on that mental toughness to handle winning and losing.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012

This. There was nobody to bury the rebound so why to be too fancy.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

I'm not sure you can say you're being "back stopped to the playoffs" when you're relying on outscoring a high number of goals against. One could say you're making the playoffs despite Talbot if that's the case. At which point you're really only laughing hysterically at your own goaltending misery, because like others have pointed out it won't really be sustainable.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It was a pretty disgusting bounce off the ice. Similar to how Legwand scored against Columbus last year.

I disagree. It was one bounce, and while the puck was flipping end over end (as a puck tends to do), it was pretty much straight in. Even if it wasn't, the bounce was WAY out in front of him and he had plenty of time to adjust. He straight up just looked lazy on the play.

Could be the worst of the center ice goals I've seen allowed by goaltenders...short maybe Chris Osgood reaching out with his stick and deflecting the puck into his own net in the playoffs during the 90s. I guess I have to include Brodeur in the SCF's for that matter too.

And, no I'm not including Toskala's opposing goal line goal. I still can't believe that one actually occurred.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I bobbled, it's ugly but not as bad as..

Not a great start for Talbot this year but I put the blame on Chia. Gustavsson isn't a great back up. There was nobody to push him to be better like Nilsson did last year. Talbot lost the starter role for awhile and came back and played great.

And the majority of the team seemed to be disinterested. Gotta work on that mental toughness to handle winning and losing.

As much of this Bruins fan loves ripping on Chiarelli...

GOD FORBID WE BLAME THE PLAYER PLAYING POORLY FOR HIS POOR PLAY.

It's the GM's fault he didn't pay for someone to push his starter, getting over $4 million a year, to be a good goalie? That's a mind boggling, ridiculous thing to say. "I put the blame on Chia..." Wow. I'd hate to hear your political opinions....:laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

It's the GM's fault he didn't pay for someone to push his starter, getting over $4 million a year, to be a good goalie? That's a mind boggling, ridiculous thing to say. "I put the blame on Chia..." Wow. I'd hate to hear your political opinions....:laugh:

Yeah Chia did the right thing there by giving him the vote of confidence, it's now up to him to take it or lose it.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016

Go to HF Oil, he is very much getting a ton of blame. Not to mention Bronx cheers when he made a save at the game.

He has had a bad start, I still think competition for goalies is a good thing. He absolutely earned the starter role but there wasn't even a question going into camp. Talbot struggled like this last year but the Oilers had Nilsson to bail them out.

Chia was imo wrong to give him full confidence by having Gustavsson as a back up. There were better options that would have at least pushed him to be better.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Talbot took himself out of position sliding over to try and make it easier to glove the puck. Instead of being in position to handle a bad bounce, he left the whole net open.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00