Talbot lets one in from centre ice

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Looks like it bounced off his own stick, self deflection. I've seen this movie before. Can he survive this? Sure, he's not Toskala.

Bending and Tending

Dec 25, 2014
U.S.A.
He's ruined one dynasty too many

Marc_Andre_Fleury_Stanley_Cup_2009.png

He's done alright :yo:

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Talbot is a solid backup goalie, will never be anything more than that. Not sure what Oilers fans were expecting.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What you just wrote is basically agreeing with the other poster that he is inconsistent. He can't maintain a good pace over the full season
No I'm didn't. He had a slow start to the season last year and then found his game. Most goalies do that.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Would it be possible for a player to develop a knuckleball shot to use after crossing center ice instead of dumping it in?

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
What you just wrote is basically agreeing with the other poster that he is inconsistent. He can't maintain a good pace over the full season

Exactly, the Oilers will never make the playoffs if they have to wait until January for Talbot to figure out how to goalie every year.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Exactly, the Oilers will never make the playoffs if they have to wait until January for Talbot to figure out how to goalie every year.
Try December (Nilsson was playing well in November), when the Oilers were in a playoff spot until all the injuries hit. Why even comment when you don't watch much of the team?

Talbot had a shaky October, Nilsson was very good in November, and then Talbot took the job in December and hasn't given it up since.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Try December (Nilsson was playing well in November), when the Oilers were in a playoff spot until all the injuries hit. Why even comment when you don't watch much of the team?

Talbot had a shaky October, Nilsson was very good in November, and then Talbot took the job in December and hasn't given it up since.

October - 6-13-1
November - 9-9-2
December - 6-11-3

Can you point out to me at which point the Oilers were in a playoff spot? They were consistently below 0.500.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
October - 6-13-1
November - 9-9-2
December - 6-11-3

Can you point out to me at which point the Oilers were in a playoff spot? They were consistently below 0.500.
December 14th, they were 3rd in the Pacific (tied for 2nd) and remained in the hunt until about mid-January, mainly because of Talbot (2.24 GAA, .933sv% over that stretch).

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
December 14th, they were 3rd in the Pacific (tied for 2nd) and remained in the hunt until about mid-January, mainly because of Talbot (2.24 GAA, .933sv% over that stretch).

To be completely honest it was more because the rest of the division started off horribly to the season, not that the Oilers were playing like a playoff team. Once the California teams got rolled there was no chance of Edmonton making it

Theodoriph

Jul 16, 2009
That was Toskala-esque from Talbot.

Toskala's took a really funny hop to the left at the last minute. Skip to 1:23. I remember that one...because I felt so bad for him haha.

Talbot's is worse. He just plain messed it up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad