Post-Game Talk: Talbezina

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Messier never turtled, but he was a man. A Champion and a leader. A guy who had some pride in how he played and was perceived. Too bad today’s kids/social media fans never got to see him play

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lots of turtle lovers here

Getzlaf is one of the most opportunistic players in the league when it comes to physicality and playing dirty. Him and Perry are passing along this mentality to the rest of the Ducks under Carlyle's tutelage (he loves this sort of play). It's actually at the point where it seems like Anaheim has specifically drafted players that will or already do play (cheat) this way. Comtois is a textbook example of a "Ducks player". You can't make this shit up. Even guys coming over to the team not necessarily known for being dirty get it drilled into them: Silfverberg, Cogliano (at least not from what I remember of Cogs), Henrique for example.

In what world does it make sense for our 2nd best player to get into a fight with a guy that specifically picks his fights knowing he has an advantage. He would have very likely been injured and we'd be even more screwed. What for? To prove a stupid point? So what that he only checks and hits other players, and pushes them off pucks? Big deal. You're going to call one of our few forwards that can lay a crushing hit and still be at the top of the league in scoring a p***y? Unbelievable.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Messier never turtled, but he was a man. A Champion and a leader. A guy who had some pride in how he played and was perceived. Too bad today’s kids/social media fans never got to see him play

91sn32Q.jpg

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
"Back in my day, the manly men got the crap kicked out of them to show how proud they were."

That's got nothing on dueling pistols. Nothing says "I'm a better man than you" more comprehensively than by shooting another man's face off. Then they had to make it illegal. Pffft. Just turned men straight into sissies after that, with no one shooting each other's faces off anymore to settle relatively petty disputes. Such a shame.

I say we should be able to duel with M-16s and rocket launchers to settle our petty squabbles. Screw progress.

Last edited:

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Getzlaf is one of the most opportunistic players in the league when it comes to physicality and playing dirty. Him and Perry are passing along this mentality to the rest of the Ducks under Carlyle's tutelage (he loves this sort of play). It's actually at the point where it seems like Anaheim has specifically drafted players that will or already do play (cheat) this way. Comtois is a textbook example of a "Ducks player". You can't make this **** up. Even guys coming over to the team not necessarily known for being dirty get it drilled into them: Silfverberg, Cogliano (at least not from what I remember of Cogs), Henrique for example.

In what world does it make sense for our 2nd best player to get into a fight with a guy that specifically picks his fights knowing he has an advantage. He would have very likely been injured and we'd be even more screwed. What for? To prove a stupid point? So what that he only checks and hits other players, and pushes them off pucks? Big deal. You're going to call one of our few forwards that can lay a crushing hit and still be at the top of the league in scoring a *****? Unbelievable.
Oh boo frickin hoo, so he gets a fat lip, big deal. Maybe it’s Getzlaf with some blood on his face. Would you be against that as well?

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
For being a tier 1 fan, you should know that much more can happen from a fight than a fat lip.
Oh give it a rest already. It’s a fight, guys fight all the time and don’t get injured. Linesman break them up faster than ever now

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Oh give it a rest already. It’s a fight, guys fight all the time and don’t get injured. Linesman break them up faster than ever now
Guys fight all the time and get injured aswell.

I would much rather Draisaitl not take the risk, especially if he has no experience on how to fight or the technique involved in fighting.

Being 6'2 208 means nothing if he has no clue how to fight.

Did you watch the video of Puljujarvi getting pummeled in the AHL by someone much smaller than him?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Oh boo frickin hoo, so he gets a fat lip, big deal. Maybe it’s Getzlaf with some blood on his face. Would you be against that as well?

It'd be more than a fat lip, and Getzlaf literally does not fight players he doesn't have full confidence that he will manhandle in a fight. Ever seen him fight Lucic?

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Guys fight all the time and get injured aswell.

I would much rather Draisaitl not take the risk, especially if he has no experience on how to fight or the technique involved in fighting.

Being 6'2 208 means nothing if he has no clue how to fight.

Did you watch the video of Puljujarvi getting pummeled in the AHL by someone much smaller than him?
It’s hockey, guys fight. Are you implying Draisaitl has never had a fight in his life? Even Gretzky had a fight in the NHL. As for Puli, did he wind up in a coma or did he take his next shift?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It’s hockey, guys fight. Are you implying Draisaitl has never had a fight in his life? Even Gretzky had a fight in the NHL. As for Puli, did he wind up in a coma or did he take his next shift?
Leon Draisaitl grew up in germany where they dont allow fighting in their junior leagues, came to the WHL and had zero fights, went to the AHL and again had 0 fights, and then played in the NHL with 0 fights to date.

Are you implying that draisaitl has had a hockey fight in his life?

For being a fan for this long, you should understand the major difference between being in a hockey fight and just a street fight, not even close to the same thing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Draisaitl isn't a fighter, he likely would have gotten his ass kicked if he dropped the gloves with Getzlaf. And with the Oilers up 4-0, it would have served absolutely no purpose to get in a fight at that point.
I guess we’ll never know. Maybe he lands a haymaker, lucky shot. At least he shows up and if he loses, so be it, can’t win em all but he has a good story to tell

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I guess we’ll never know. Maybe he lands a haymaker, lucky shot. At least he shows up and if he loses, so be it, can’t win em all but he has a good story to tell
He has an even better story to tell after the game if he doesn't fight, that he won the game 4-0 and had a goal.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Leon Draisaitl grew up in germany where they dont allow fighting in their junior leagues, came to the WHL and had zero fights, went to the AHL and again had 0 fights, and then played in the NHL with 0 fights to date.

Are you implying that draisaitl has had a hockey fight in his life?

For being a fan for this long, you should understand the major difference between being in a hockey fight and just a street fight, not even close to the same thing.
Then he’s long overdue cuz in this league there is fighting. Someday he’s going to cross check someone and they’re just going to start throwing them. If he turtles then he’s going to get hurt. It’s coming, just wait and see

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Then he’s long overdue cuz in this league there is fighting. Someday he’s going to cross check someone and they’re just going to start throwing them. If he turtles then he’s going to get hurt. It’s coming, just wait and see
I'll sit back on my couch being a tier 3 fan, watching draisaitl score goals and cheering for him to keep doing that. You in your seat at rogers being the tier 1 fan you are, can cheer for him to get into a fight and potentially get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad