Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
giphy.gif

Maybe Tage gets strong enough that he kicks Rhino out of his net-front position.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Good for tage, obviously expect him at some point and I expect him to stick this time with the big club.

Great to see him building confidence and getting first line minutes with Rochester. I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up against more physical teams and sit smaller Sheary/Erod.
Seems like they have a strategy this year.....

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
With the D-corps being jammed up when people get healthy, I'm expecting Buffalo to carry 13 FWs for most of the season, or at least until the TDL. So even though there probably isn't going to be an extra FW spot to call Thompson up whenever they want, I still look at Sobotka and Okposo as basically waiver exempt. Those two can get sent to Rochester at any time with no concern about getting claimed (not that it would be a bad thing). The only issue is the veteran limit for Rochester, which I'm not keen about.

If the vet limit in Rochester is not a problem, then Thompson could force his way into Buffalo at some point, as long as off-ice issues and veteran respect don't factor into the equation. I'm not judging whether it should be, just saying what could determine how soon we see Thompson in Buffalo. I hope that he can make @Der Jaeger , me and others forget about wanting Alex Tuch as a RW for Eichel. That would be a massive benefit to erase that hole, moving Reinhart down to drive that line with Skinner and Johansson.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
He has the right mindset for having been sent down and says all the right things about just competing hard wherever ever he ends up, but you can still tell he’s absolutely pissed lol.
he's most likely the first forward callup when injuries hit. Hoping he makes the most of his opportunity.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm rooting for the kid. He gets irrationally hated on due to incompetent management and the 'move we shall not speak of!'.

Him being sent down is the best move for him. I'm hoping he makes a case to be called up soon. Asplund as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad