Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
In two years we're going to be arguing that Kevyn Adams has only been successful because Botterill left him stacked with great young players and prospects, like Tage Thompson.

I can dream, right? :DD
It would be kind of funny though if this prolonged break leads to Mitts, Tage, Cozens and Dahlin getting huge gains in size/strength. Which in turns helps them become the players we need next season and beyond. But I doubt Botts would think its funny :laugh:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It would be kind of funny though if this prolonged break leads to Mitts, Tage, Cozens and Dahlin getting huge gains in size/strength. Which in turns helps them become the players we need next season and beyond. But I doubt Botts would think its funny :laugh:

Now that I’m thinking about it, this prolonged break might be the best thing to happen to the Sabres. Come out swinging after a break, like 2005-06? We can dream....

Reactions: joshjull

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
A change in play style better come with this new physique. No more ill-advised toe drags and delayed snap shots, more strong board play and net front presence. He looked decent last training camp so I still hold out hope for him.

Reactions: jc17

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
A change in play style better come with this new physique. No more ill-advised toe drags and delayed snap shots, more strong board play and net front presence. He looked decent last training camp so I still hold out hope for him.
Asking Tage to stop using his blessed toe drag is like asking the Pope to stop handing out communion wafers and I shall not stand for that type of blasphemy:madfire:

Reactions: Der Jaeger

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Asking Tage to stop using his blessed toe drag is like asking the Pope to stop handing out communion wafers and I shall not stand for that type of blasphemy:madfire:
I qualified it with "no ill-advised". If given the time and space, may he drag the toe.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
When he starts collecting easy garbage goals in the dirty areas he'll figure it out. He might not even have the same great shot after the surgery and will be forced to change his game.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
When Tage starts popping in 40-50 goals a season Botterill will be called a scouting savant and be inundated with GM job offers.

I think he could be a 30-goal scorer. He dominated the A and that's what you want to see happen. Mittelstadt did not. Key difference

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think he could be a 30-goal scorer. He dominated the A and that's what you want to see happen. Mittelstadt did not. Key difference

Not sure I would call the production from Tage "dominating" but it was encouraging to see. But hey, if he can score 30 goals, more goals than he has at ANY level in hockey, then more power to him.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
86373734.jpg

Tage has been perfecting new skills during his time off.

FrenchConnection

Aug 28, 2020
When Tage starts popping in 40-50 goals a season Botterill will be called a scouting savant and be inundated with GM job offers.
So, now we are talking alternate realities and universes...too bad Art Bell wasnt still around im sure you would be a awesome guest for his show.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Not sure I would call the production from Tage "dominating" but it was encouraging to see. But hey, if he can score 30 goals, more goals than he has at ANY level in hockey, then more power to him.
Well when the highest number of games he's played in a season at other levels is 36, it shouldn't be a shock he hasn't scored 30 goals in a season.

Past 2 ahl seasons he has 12 goals in 24 games, so there's a pace over 40 if you want to go by pace.

I don't think he'll be a 30 goal scorer either, but I think he can still be a productive player. Really disappointed he was hurt last year. As lackluster as his time in the nhl was I think he showed more potential at times than guys like mitts and nylander.

If he can score 20 goals, have a decent forechecking presence with his reach, I'll be happy

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Well when the highest number of games he's played in a season at other levels is 36, it shouldn't be a shock he hasn't scored 30 goals in a season.

Past 2 ahl seasons he has 12 goals in 24 games, so there's a pace over 40 if you want to go by pace.

I don't think he'll be a 30 goal scorer either, but I think he can still be a productive player. Really disappointed he was hurt last year. As lackluster as his time in the nhl was I think he showed more potential at times than guys like mitts and nylander.

If he can score 20 goals, have a decent forechecking presence with his reach, I'll be happy

I hope for the teams sake he can perform that well. It will be interesting to see how he does away from a non-Taylor coached team now that Chris is gone. He’s been very productive under him. It’s going to be interesting to see how other Players perform without Chris as well.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I hope for the teams sake he can perform that well. It will be interesting to see how he does away from a non-Taylor coached team now that Chris is gone. He’s been very productive under him. It’s going to be interesting to see how other Players perform without Chris as well.
Just a FYI. Tage played for Gord Dineen this season. Taylor was with us while Granato was recovering.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00