Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What would be the North American equivalent to this league?
a little worse than the AHL, but quite a bit better than ECHL.

his NHLe

there's a mobile only app 'NHL Rank King' that also compiles all of that (you can skip creating a login). Huuhtanen has our best NHLe, followed by Ike Howard.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
a little worse than the AHL, but quite a bit better than ECHL.

his NHLe

there's a mobile only app 'NHL Rank King' that compiles all of that. Huuhtanen has our second best NHLe, after Ike Howard.
i would have to disagree with you

coaching, goaltending is ahead of the AHL
these days there are more skilled players in the AHL what in the Sm-Liiga,
also defending is better in the Sm-Liiga what in the AHL, AHL is more physical
and has higher pace, i think, but small rink > big rink

overall, its better what AHL, not that much these days, unfortunately
the level played here has gotten a bit down, so that sucks.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
i would have to disagree with you

coaching, goaltending is ahead of the AHL
these days there are more skilled players in the AHL what in the Sm-Liiga,
also defending is better in the Sm-Liiga what in the AHL, AHL is more physical
and has higher pace, i think, but small rink > big rink

overall, its better what AHL, not that much these days, unfortunately
the level played here has gotten a bit down, so that sucks.
The purposes of the leagues are different. Liiga is the top league in Finland, and focused on winning. The AHL has a large focus on development. Older, elite AHLers get pushed out in favor of younger players.

I don't watch nearly enough Liiga or AHL to form an opinion on which is best, though, so I used an analytical ranking.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Goal for Flinton

Crunch lose to Laval 3-2

- 1 goal (#7) & 1 assist for Goncalves. He's riding a 6 game scoring streak (3g, 6a)
- Thompson tallies another assist. He has 19pts in 30 games

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The CHL trade deadline is usually Jan 10th.

We don't have many CHL prospects, but Dyllan Gill is a 19-year-old and playing for the western conference's first place R-N Huskies. Unlikely to be traded. Overager Roman Schmidt has already been traded. It'd be good asset management for Kingston to move him again.

TB loaded up on NCAA guys, so some may hit the transfer portal after the season. Jack Harvey has only played two games for BU, and to the best of my understanding, there wasn't an injury. Harvey is a Minnesota guy, so I don't think it was his lifelong dream to play for BU. There's lots of good teams and schools in Boston and Minnesota to possibly transfer to.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

We don't have many CHL prospects, but Dyllan Gill is a 19-year-old and playing for the western conference's first place R-N Huskies. Unlikely to be traded. Overager Roman Schmidt has already been traded. It'd be good asset management for Kingston to move him again.

TB loaded up on NCAA guys, so some may hit the transfer portal after the season. Jack Harvey has only played two games for BU, and to the best of my understanding, there wasn't an injury. Harvey is a Minnesota guy, so I don't think it was his lifelong dream to play for BU. There's lots of good teams and schools in Boston and Minnesota to possibly transfer to.
Rouyn-Noranda loads up by trading 6 draft picks for Chicago Blackhawks 3rd rounder Samuel Savoie, who has not played a game this season after suffering an injury at Chicago's training camp

Schmidt scores another goal

Another for Huuhtanen

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

Harvey isn't going to get enough ice time at BU. St Cloud State, Nebraska Omaha, Ohio State, Notre Dame, would give him more opportunity

Rouyn-Noranda loads up by trading 6 draft picks for Chicago Blackhawks 3rd rounder Samuel Savoie, who has not played a game this season after suffering an injury at Chicago's training camp

Schmidt scores another goal

Another for Huuhtanen

Huuhtanen with another bomb of a one T. That's an NHL shot for sure. It's nice seeing him outplay several 2003 birthyear/2021 Draft Finns in Liiga. He has his flaws, but nice progression from Mr Irrelevant. Certainly relevant now

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win 6-3 over the Marlies

- 2 goals for Koepke
- 1 goal & 1 assist for Finley
- Declan Carlile with an assist, and a +2 in his return to the AHL
- Lucas Edmonds back in the lineup for the first time since December 13th

Goal #9 on the season for Ethan Hay

2 goals for Gauthier. He's up to 24 goals now, tied for 4th most in the Q

He had 30 goals last season