Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Fitzpatrick lets in 7 tonight and seems to pull himself from the game with 30 seconds left.

I'd need to see the goals again, but he probably let in at least 4 bad ones.

I have to pin a bit of this on goalie coach Nathan Craze. Craze seems to have done a pretty good job this season, and the goaltending overall is massively improved, but there's no way Fitzpatrick was really prepared to play tonight.
If Halverson plays in Orlando like he has for the Crunch, you are going to be VERY happy with the change.
Not only has be played well, he gives his team a lot of confidence in his ability to help them if they make a bad judgement by coming up with key saves and smart goaltending play.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Orlando down 1-4 against Jacksonville. Halverson in net, but he's only let in one bad one (and it was a bad one).

The Bears need to start using the back of the net to change sides. (We are also terrible at scoring on breakaways.)

As I see it, the first option for creating offense is east-west. Second choice is north-south.

The way OSB tends to change sides is passing near the blueline, which is fine if the defense gives you the blueline. Jacksonville are very aggressive checkers tonight, and that hasn't been available.

Peter Laviolette likes this drill to condition using the back of the net into his players.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win 4-3 over the Marlies

- 2 assists for Jack Thompson (14pts in 18 games)

Assist for Alex Gagne

Goals in 3 straight games for Kurth

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kurth applies some pressure against the wall in the defensive zone which causes a turnover and he gets the puck going the other way for a 2 on 1. Tried to pass instead of shoot it himself and the Gophers blow a chance they’ll like to have back down 2-0 half way through the night

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Penn state goes up 3-0 and the gophers take a penalty the very next shift. They have not looked good tonight

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not a great game for Minnesota. Way too many mistakes, but maybe it was just an off night for the gophers. This was my first time watching Kurth (not counting development camp) since the national championship game last April. I like the little defensive plays he makes. He's competitive. I think the big thing is it doesn't appear he has a clearly defined role on the team. He doesn't play on the pk. Even when the Gophers had to kill a 5 minute major, he wasn't out there at all. And he's not really being counted on as a points guy.

Crunch win their back to back with the Marlies 3-1.

- 35/36 saves for Hugo. 1st star of the game.
- 2 assists for Goncalves. He leads the Crunch in assists (13) and points (17)

Game winner for Duke

Goal #7 for Ethan Hay

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
No invite for Gauthier who would have been a long shot anyway.

Brent Seabrook is listed among the management group

Former Syracuse Crunch assistant Gilles Bouchard will also be an assistant coach

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

No way in hell should OSB allow Ryan Whitney in the Shades suit again. Absolutely embarrassing last time.

and I don't mean it in a teasing sort of way. It diminishes the organization.

edit: Who is Shades for? Well, for everyone, but especially kids. Shades isn't for Ryan Whitney personally. The mascot is the physical embodiment of the team. The link between the fan and the players. You probably don't know Stammer or Kuch in person, but everybody can be friends with Thunderbug.

The mascot isn't about indulging the whims of funny podcast man. A nobody in the scheme of things. Kids have no idea who tf that is. Most adults either don't know or don't care who he is. Shades is bigger and more important than Ryan Whitney, or any individual.

Last edited:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
IMG_0031.jpeg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win 4-1

- Merela with 1 goal and 2 assists for the 1st star
- Tristan Allard scores his first AHL goal
- Jack Finley was back in the lineup. His first game in a month and only his 3rd so far this season

Also really interesting to see that former Lightning prospect Dylan Blujus was a linesman for the game tonight. He played a little for Utica and Belleville last season

Reactions: bov

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Howard with a goal + an assist before he leaves for the US selection camp this week

goal for Kurth

goal for Webster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad