Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I can't remember the Bears even taking a shot like this in a long, long, time. My brain isn't making sense of this. It feels like it must literally be years.

Deflection by Braydon Low, but the one-time is from Jaydon Dureau.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Syracuse lose in the shootout 5-4 to Rochester

- Koepke scored shorthanded, his 3rd goal of the season. He had 7 goals in 52 games last season
- 2 goals for Fortier
- Walcott scores another goal. Think he likes playing with Groshev? Max has primary assisted on 3 of his 5 goals
- Jack Finley also made his return to the lineup, his first game since April 12th

Isaac Howard scores in back to back games to help Michigan State sweep their weekend series with Ohio State

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Huuhtanen with a mustache and gold helmet rips Kasper Bjorkqvist's jersey, and cellys up an empty net goal.

F-Lw-DtW8AA-qhA

Reactions: Stormbreaker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Not sure why they don’t just send him to Orlando

Orlando needs RHD, but I'd rather send a guy back to junior hockey before the ECHL (if it's not for the short term).

I've prattled on before about how it's better to be your coach's meal ticket than just another roster player.

There may also be some maturity issues. Who knows. Orlando isn't the place for guys who can't stay focused.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Syracuse lose 3-2 in the shootout to Belleville

- Groshev gets on the board twice with a goal & assist
- Lilleberg scores his first AHL goal which comes shorthanded
- 24/26 saves for Alnefelt

3 assist night for Gill

google translated:
Bright and colorful. Big, mean and brash. Physical but clean. A player with a world-class shot, for whom there isn't really a Finnish comparison. There was no end to the praise of Jukka Jalonen, the head coach of Leijoni, when he described the selection of Niko Huuhtanen from Jukurien to Leijoni at a press conference held at the end of October. Huuhtanen, who was selected as the rookie of the year in the SM league last season, gets to play his first adult international matches at the age of 20 in Tampere.
there are already benchmarks for Huuhtanen's playing style better than in his home country. The player himself highlights Washington's Tom Wilson and the Tkachuk brothers, Brady who plays in Ottawa and Matthew who plays in Florida.

“Some say Wilson is maybe the closest at the moment. There is still a long way to go to Tkachuk."

The players chosen by Huuhtanen do not shy away from confusion, neither does Huuhtanen. We got a sample of that in the last game round of the SM league before the international break.

Huuhtanen spoke about the situation that brought Kärppien to the ice with Kasper Björkqvist. As a result, Huuhtanen tore Björkqvist's jersey so that the winger had to change his shirt in the middle of the match.
Olli Jokinen has also become an important pilot in terms of career development.

"He is able to help young players develop day by day. Gives little tips on what can be done better and what is required to be able to get to North America."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big prospect battle in the Big Ten between Michigan and Minnesota

Dylan Duke scores first, but Connor Kurth with 2 BIG assists in the 3rd period help the Gophers to come back and win 4-3

Reactions: Stormbreaker

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1 shorthanded assist for McKade Webster

Shaugabay makes it official and will be with Minnesota Duluth next season

Last edited:
Reactions: vegarover

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Huuhtanen looked good in his national team debut against Czechia.
Can we expect him in Tampa somwhere soon? Do he wants to come here and try to get spot, cuz from everything I see he can be a really good player here

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can we expect him in Tampa somwhere soon? Do he wants to come here and try to get spot, cuz from everything I see he can be a really good player here
I think it would make sense to bring him over to Syracuse for next season, but he needs to work on skating a lot to be an NHL player I think.

Reactions: Peacefool

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch avenge a 4-0 loss to Wilkes-Barre Scranton yesterday with a 6-3 win against them tonight. Brandon Halverson, who was signed to a PTO earlier this week, got the start after reliving Hugo in the 3rd period yesterday.

- Max Groshev moves up to the 1st line, and delivers with 2 goals (one empty netter)
- 1 goal + 2 assists for Goncalves
- 2 assists for Crozier who has 6pts in 11 games
- Lilleberg also has 6pts in 11 games

Assist for Howard. Howard is up to 4 goals, 15 points in 12 games. He had 6 goals and 17 points last year

Shaugabay assist to Arizona 2nd rounder Julian Lutz

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2 goals + 1 assist for Ethan Hay

After scoring a goal against Czechia, Huuhtanen moves up to the first line for their game against Sweden

Reactions: Meuracas

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
lilleberg is kinda exciting too, since he laid a few big hits in the preseason, and also seems to have a bit of a scoring touch

Reactions: OffBy1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad