- Groshev scores goal #8
- 2 assists for Carlile

goal for Dylan Duke. His 6th in 13 games so far

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
goal for McKade Webster

When it came time to free agency, Chaffee said he had a few options before ultimately deciding that Tampa Bay's interest and the opportunity they presented is why chose to sign the one-year deal with the Lightning on July 1.

"Every time you're going into free agency, you're not sure what to expect, especially with, like you said, only playing 10 games last year," Chaffee said. "You have to find an organization that's going to believe in you and give you a good opportunity, and I felt like I found that in this organization. I mean, I've had nothing but support from the staff, the coaches and the players here. And it's been great."
"It was great that Tampa seemed very interested in me, and I felt like it was going to be a great fit," Chaffee said of his current opportunity in the Lightning organization. "I'm excited for what the future holds, and I'm just trying to do what I can here and better myself."
"First and foremost, we like the person. He's a great guy. He's a competitor. He's a team guy," Bouchard said of his first impressions of Chaffee from training camp in Tampa Bay through the first five weeks of the season. "He's got that leadership in him so before we even we talk about his quality as a hockey player, it's his quality as a person. For us, he fits into what this organization wants in a player."
"You know, last year, my goal was to hopefully play a lot of NHL games, and unfortunately because of my injury I wasn't able to do that. So I'm hoping this year that I can kind of get back to where I was and even just improve on that and hopefully get some NHL games this year."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
assist for Duke

Crunch lose 5-2 to Hartford

- Hugo Alnefelt makes his first start since Nov 10th. 24/28 saves
- 3rd goal for Usau
- 1 assist for Lilleberg, who now has 8 points in 14 games. His +7 is top 5 among AHL dmen

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kurth scores, but Isaac Howard and Michigan State beat Minnesota in the shootout

This is Kurth's first goal of the season in his 13th game. He had 7 goals last year in 38 games

Another prospect matchup with Warren Clark and St. Cloud vs Dylan Duke and Michigan

- assist for Duke

Assist for Eamon Powell

Reactions: GoBoltz56

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win 3-0 against Utica. Brandon Halverson, up from the Solar Bears, gets the shutout

- 1 goal, 1 assist for Jack Thompson. He has 11 points in 16 games, tied for 10th in AHL scoring among dmen
- Merela scores his first AHL goal in game #3 with Syracuse.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Webster with 2 more goals in a great weekend against Yale

Goal for Dylan Duke

Crunch win 4-3 in the shootout with Matt Tomkins getting his first start for Syracuse

- 1 goal, 2 assists for Goncalves
- 1 goal, 1 assist for Felix Robert
- Lilleberg picks up his 9th point. He has the 3rd most points among rookie AHL defensemen. He's in good company next to Ethan Del Mastro (105th overall pk), Olen Zellweger (34th overall pk), Brandt Clarke (8th overall pk), and Logan Mailloux (31st overall pk)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Minnesota beats Michigan State 6-5 in OT.

1 assist for Howard

Howard now has 17 points in 16 games, the same amount he had all of last season in 35 games

1 goal for Kurth

Kurth's goal comes against defenseman Artyom Levshunov, who's projected to be a top 5 pick in the 2024 draft, and Trey Augustine, Detroit's 41st overall pick, who will probably be the starter for the US at the World Juniors

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Isaac Howard, LW, Michigan State (TBL)​

Highly skilled and playing well for Michigan State, Howard still has a chance to be part of this team. The question is where he fits best. He has natural chemistry with Frank Nazar, but Howard doesn’t give you much defensive value. You’ve got seven or eight legitimate high-end playmakers in the mix already and USA will have to decide if there’s more room for him. I’m less convinced at this point.

USA Hockey announced their selection camp roster last year on December 5th. We’re getting close.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Evan Fitzpatrick is finding it tough to get games. He seemed to tweak something in his back a few weeks ago, and it led to Brandon Halverson getting a PTO when Syracuse needed a goalie a few days later.

St. Louis prospect Colten Ellis, who had a shaky start to the season, grabbed a steady starting role in Orlando and Fitzpatrick has been mostly sitting on the bench since returning from injury.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Fitzpatrick lets in 7 tonight and seems to pull himself from the game with 30 seconds left.

I'd need to see the goals again, but he probably let in at least 4 bad ones.

I have to pin a bit of this on goalie coach Nathan Craze. Craze seems to have done a pretty good job this season, and the goaltending overall is massively improved, but there's no way Fitzpatrick was really prepared to play tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad