Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Starting off a new thread right. The Bears have lost their last two games, 6-0 and 5-0.

From watching them, I haven't liked their on-ice leadership in some time. LeBlanc and Valleau last season were too blasé, and it's coming around again this season. It's true that you don't change how you play, up or down, but they need a baseline tempo that's like twice as fast. Contributions, but not commitments.

I'd be very curious if they'd call a players only meeting. I believe that at a level like this, the great teams are led by their players, not just the coaches. Most of these guys are on ECHL deals. They can't just be here to get their steps in.

As Fred Shero said: "When you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken makes a contribution, the pig makes a commitment."

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Finley assists on Matthew Savoie's goal

Crunch lose 4-3 in OT

Goncalves scores his 9th goal. Fortier scores his 10th.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Eamon Powell will he get an entry contract to Orlando/Syracuse next season?
It's not likely. He's got two years of NCAA eligibility left.

If he finishes his college degree early, then there might be some reason to talk about it, but that would still likely be another year away.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

21st goal for McDonnell. That ties his career high from the 2020 season.

He has 5 goals in his last 4 games. 11 in 19 since joining Barrie

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2 assists for MacArthur, including this one in OT

For the 2nd year in a row Sammy Walker scores the goal to send the Gophers to the Big Ten tournament championship game. They will play Dylan Duke and Michigan next Saturday (Mar 19th)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Perbix scores 2 goals, but St. Cloud fall in OT to UMD. They're out of the NCHC tournament and will wait to see where they go in the NCAA Tournament bracket, which will be announced March 20th

Max Crozier's 3rd college season is over. He finishes with career highs in goals (7), assists (15), and points (22) in 30 games.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
BC and Eamon Powell beat UNH and Alex Gagne in the opening round of the Hockey East tournament. Alex Gagne's freshman season comes to a close with 1 goal, 8 points in 34 games. Powell and BC will face Northeastern next Saturday

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
BC and Eamon Powell beat UNH and Alex Gagne in the opening round of the Hockey East tournament. Alex Gagne's freshman season comes to a close with 1 goal, 8 points in 34 games. Powell and BC will face Northeastern next Saturday

They already played. Conference playoffs move quick. They'll be wrapped up by the 20th.

BC lost to Northeastern, and due to their low pairwise ranking, they won't get a tournament invite. Their season is over.

edit: Max Crozier's Providence got eliminated last night. They're 17th on the pairwise rankings, so I'm pretty sure they're out. The tournament invites teams based on the rankings, or if they win their conference, so either case wouldn't favor Providence. I'm a minor league degen, not a college degen though, so take my interpretation with a grain of salt.

Crozier's senior teammate Luke Perunovich played for TB Juniors, and super senior Davis Bunz can finally sign in Orlando because his name makes me smile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
They already played. Conference playoffs move quick. They'll be wrapped up by the 20th.

BC lost to Northeastern, and due to their low pairwise ranking, they won't get a tournament invite. Their season is over.

edit: Max Crozier's Providence got eliminated last night. They're 17th on the pairwise rankings, so I'm pretty sure they're out. The tournament invites teams based on the rankings, or if they win their conference, so either case wouldn't favor Providence. I'm a minor league degen, not a college degen though, so take my interpretation with a grain of salt.

Crozier's senior teammate Luke Perunovich played for TB Juniors, and super senior Davis Bunz can finally sign in Orlando because his name makes me smile.
Blah, I'm all out of sorts. Just like HF.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Perbix named First-Team All-NCHC
Perbix is also a finalist for NCHC Offensive Defenseman of the Year

Guttman named Honorable Mention All-NCHC

Crozier named Third-Team All-Hockey East

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win 4-3 in OT

Goncalves has really been on a hot streak. 5 goals + 7 assists =12 points in his last 13 games

Koepke is now up to 16 goals. He has a really good chance to hit 20.

Here's a list of Lightning prospects to hit 20 goals or more in their AHL rookie season

Cory Conacher - 39 goals (2012)
ABB - 34 goals (2019)
Tyler Johnson - 31 goals (2012)
Alexander Volkov - 23 goals (2018)
Cedric Paquette - 20 goals (2014)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
that 2012 Norfolk team was just so damn good

The 2012/13 Crunch lost only 1 game in the playoffs until the finals, better than the Admirals did. They just were outcoached in the finals. That's where you saw that Zettler was definitely not gonna be the next Cooper. It also didn't help that Killorn wasn't sent back for the playoffs. With him I think they have that extra element to go back to back.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Alex Gagne is a perfectionist who wants to make the right play all the time, UNH hockey coach Mike Souza said.

The freshman defenseman from Bedford has experienced ups and downs like many first-year college players do, but, most of the time, he does make the perfect play, Souza said.

“The one thing I want to bring is just consistency,” Gagne said. “Whether that be breaking pucks up, maybe blocking a shot — just little things that are consistent that I can help contribute to the team.”
Gagne, who also has five assists this year, said he prides himself on the defensive side of his game, like blocking shots, and feels he has improved both his skating and ability to break the puck out this season. Those strides have come with guidance from UNH assistant coach and Nashua native Jeff Giuliano, who Gagne began working with at age 16 when he attended a summer camp Giuliano held.

Gagne, a Tampa Bay Lightning prospect (sixth round, 2021), said he has benefited from analyzing film with Giuliano and that the two have focused all season on improving his skating.

“I think he’s progressing real, real nice,” Souza said of Gagne. “Jeff does a great job with him and all the D but he and Alex, I think, have a special connection, which is nice ... He has an uncanny knack to see sticks and make plays under pressure and (he’s) a real cerebral player and he’s getting stronger. As he gets stronger, his feet are going to continue to get better.”

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Goal for Groshev in the 2nd round of the VHL playoffs

Crunch win again. 4-0-1 in their last 5 games

The Fortier - Somppi - Ryfors line had a good night

Ryfors: 3 assists
Somppi: 1 goal + 2 assists
Fortier: 1 goal + 1 assist

Status
Not open for further replies.