Swing and a miss (coaching search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsbergforloop

May 30, 2008
Oahu
Okay, so my favorite candidates for the Preds Head Coach are:

#1: Peter Laviolette - Very successful coach who made Philly play with an edge. (Imagine getting angry Weber all year!) More focused on offense than Trotz.

#2: Jeff Blashill - Young up and comer we could steal from Detroit's system.

#3: Ron Wilson - The bane of some of Nashville's best years. If you can't beat em', hire em'.

#4: Phil Housley - We got him to help with the young d-men, but maybe more?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Wilson shows more offensive capabilities than Legwand ever did. Atleast Wilson can create something out of nothing, he's the only player we have that can do that. He just lacks consistency which can come with time. I will say if we get a more offensive coach, and his numbers don't improve just a little bit, he has reached bust status.

I must have missed that 63 point season Wilson had? and the 50+ point seasons he put up the last 2 full seasons? or the .59/PPG career avg? On more talented teams, Wilson has been unable to put up the numbers Legwand put up during out putrid expansion years; doesn't really translate at all into "create something out of nothing" and "more offensive capabilities than Legwand ever did", does it? But, instead of holding accountable the guy we traded up to for being downright awful much of the time, we ride our 4th round pick Smith - who has put up more points in both his 2 full seasons than Wilson has put up in any of his 3. These boards, sometimes.... :shakehead

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The key word I used was "may make a change" and both the Pittsburgh and Minneapolis positions have been mentioned by some of the TV talking heads.

I think Yeo was probably going to get fired if the Wild had lost in round one again but he's probably safe now.

bylsma could get fired if pittsburgh chokes away this series against New York and looks bad doing it, but I wouldn't bet on it..

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You don't seem to answer any of the questions you pose unless I'm missing something?

I think I'm on board the Laviolette train, but largely undecided. Judging by Poile's press conference and comments by Josh Cooper and others, I think Housley and Lambert are unlikely.

Swing and a hit, amirite? :yo:

Yeah I know the thread is closed.

cartman_i_do_what_i_want-1027208.jpg

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad