Post-Game Talk: Sweet, sloppy victory! 5:4 Leafs!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why can't we play a full game where we just put the foot on the gas and not let up.

That 4 min sample in the 2nd was amazing... I just wish we could play like that more consistently.

Reactions: Burnie97

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Can anyone tell me why Johnsson is on the 4th line and Nylander isn't playing with Matthews?
Anyone?

Johnsson got moved to the third line in the third period and Brown was down on the 4th again.

Andersen was bad (the one early in the second that was called back was a good goal), as were most of them.

The in-net cam didn't show it completely crossing the line.

I was watching some of the post game. Is it just me or is Burke actually really good at being an analyst? I don’t always agree with him but he’s always entertaining.

IT HELPS THAT HE DOESN'T YELL OUT STUPID OPINIONS LIKE MACLEAN AND KYPREOS DO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Babs has done that the last few games, ridiculous that 3 years in he still doesn't trust Nylander to defend a lead
Agreed, you'd think they'd be able to trust him by now.
Thought he played well last night, still shying away from contact a little too much but I think that's something we just need to get use to.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Agreed, you'd think they'd be able to trust him by now.
Thought he played well last night, still shying away from contact a little too much but I think that's something we just need to get use to.
I don't trust him either. You can't change the fact that his work ethic in the defensive zone is lackluster and his willingness to block a shot is very low. Why put him out when there's other guys to do the job?

Reactions: Lauro and ACC1224

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Matthews line got filled in in shot attempts. Yikes. Andersen wasn't his steady self as well, flopping and giving up huge rebounds. We need him to be a lot better down the stretch.

Overall it was a fun game. Watched it from the pub so wasn't quite attentive as I usually am.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Babs has done that the last few games, ridiculous that 3 years in he still doesn't trust Nylander to defend a lead

I'd prefer Nylander to Brown any day, but that doesn't change the fact we are 26-0 when leading after 2 so something must be working the way that it is now.

Reactions: Lauro

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I said in the pre-game thread that games against the Sens have been weird lately, and this game was another example.

For some reason the Sens seem to get all these weird bounces against us, the puck off of Zaitsev's mouth is a classic example of that.

Even when the Leafs get the lead or tie the game, the sens for some reason will come back and the game will always be uncomfortable.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Not the way you want to win. I think this is a bit of a mental hurtle when playing teams so low in the standings. Maybe they don't work as hard, as often, throughout the game. No real evidence to back it up, I'm just trying to put myself in their shoes and how it was when I played.

That being said, inconsistencies against the playoff teams would be more concerning. The important thing is they don't lose points to these lower-standing teams at this point in the year. Not with Montreal/Boston coming on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad