Post-Game Talk: Sweet, sloppy victory! 5:4 Leafs!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It is kind of awesome to have Hyman on a kind of hot streak. He's played well and been chipping in. Some very much "oops" moments in clearing his zone, but as a whole he's been great.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Until recently Nylander has been getting up to speed and Johnsson was injured. Once healthy he was eased into the fourth line and given power play time. We’ve gotten nine points out of ten in our last five games, they probably don’t want to mix the lines up too badly. Also this Kadri line has looked pretty decent.

Marleau isn’t going on the forth line and Hyman and Kapanen don’t deserve a demotion.
Kadri is good one game, and not so good the next game.
Nylander is carrying the line right now.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
It is kind of awesome to have Hyman on a kind of hot streak. He's played well and been chipping in. Some very much "oops" moments in clearing his zone, but as a whole he's been great.
Agreed.

I'll never criticize someone that works so ridiculously hard. It's not his talent. It's that he'll drop the gloves. He'll throw a hit. He's a beast on the boards. Surprised leaf nation doesn't like such a player.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Absolutely horrible performance.

Andersen was bad (the one early in the second that was called back was a good goal), as were most of them.

We won, but were badly outplayed, and did not deserve to.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Agreed.

I'll never criticize someone that works so ridiculously hard. It's not his talent. It's that he'll drop the gloves. He'll throw a hit. He's a beast on the boards. Surprised leaf nation doesn't like such a player.
Some people only see goals, which is a pity, as they miss most of the game.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
He didn't. Saw Marner say something to him while celebrating.
Noticed Brown replaced Nylander at the end of the game, was anything said about that on the broadcast?
Not sure if he was hurt or if they still don't trust him at the end of the game.
Babs has done that the last few games, ridiculous that 3 years in he still doesn't trust Nylander to defend a lead

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Absolutely horrible performance.

Andersen was bad (the one early in the second that was called back was a good goal), as were most of them.

We won, but were badly outplayed, and did not deserve to.
Can you provide the angle where the puck crossed the line, because I can't find it anywhere.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Agreed.

Love Hyman. May not be super talented with the puck, but he’s competent offensively, and GREAT at everything else. Best motor on the team by far, shows up in big games, was maybe our best player in the playoffs last year, amazing at winning puck battles that most guys wouldn’t even try for, and strong defensively.

I remember the lean years when the Leafs had nobody who would work hard. Love having Hyman on the team, he brings the hustle like nobody else.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
someone tell me why egocock plays Johnson under 10 mins while giving a useless plug like marleau mins with matthews? is it to keep johnson's contract keep cheaper? otherwise it makes litreally 0 sense how a plug like marleau is ahead of him in the depth chart.
bc why waste talent on 4th line giving under 10mins while playing a plug on the top line and giving him 15mins+? just make the 3 lines stacked. someone post matthews stats with and without marleau on his line. im really curious how much of an anchor he really is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad