Management Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes" - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I would drive Jake to Raleigh myself

Canes fans like it as well. I was asking about Fleury+2nd (they have 2 this year) for DeBrusk given his strong play against the Bruins these playoffs and they mentioned that Skjei is the guy they would move to make room for Fleury behind Slavin.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
with the rumored names coming back for Debrusk better off just re-signing him.

If the trade for example is for Skej I'm sitting out the season as a fan. If it is for Fleury or Bean (preferably) + 2nd or something along those lines and than Don signs a Hall or Hoffman than I'm excited. If Debrusk some how returns Darnell Nurse than we are back!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You seem to watch a lot on Nucks games , what's your take on JV?

You see the skillset. Shot is amazing, fastest Canuck but he never left Vancovuer and was forced to grow up. The Roxy effect took over and people love him here. When you meet him you see that he's a charismatic guy.

You'd be best to save the coach time and sit both Jake's down in the same room and repeat the same things:

'Please drive to the net.'
'Please use your shot more.'
'Please get more physical along the boards and use your size.'
'Use your speed, please.'

Streaky. Both are. But this year Jake seemed to be connecting the dots. He seemed to be figuring it out while only getting third line minutes.

I still am adamant that these two paired together would cause a TON of gap problems for D. Especially if you had Coyle in the middle.

I am a fan, but like everyone in Vancouver am hearing non-stop 'don't trade Virtanen because we KNOW he will instantly get it and take the next step on a new team. He will be another Neely situation for the Canucks, trading away a local kid who puts in 30 on a new team and is away from Vancouver off the ice.'

I'd love to be on the winning end of that situation. There's just too much NHL skill at a great price tag.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Canes fans like it as well. I was asking about Fleury+2nd (they have 2 this year) for DeBrusk given his strong play against the Bruins these playoffs and they mentioned that Skjei is the guy they would move to make room for Fleury behind Slavin.

No way in hell I'm doing DeBrusk for Skjei who makes over $5M a year. I would rather pay Krug the extra
1.8M over Skjei any day of the week.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd love Boeser but at the expense of Carlo, I'm leaning towards no. Unless they have Pietrangelo ready to sign, Carlo gone would leave a massive hole on the 2nd pairing RD with nobody internally who could realistically take that spot.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Boeser

That's a hell of a top 6.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am not sure Taylor Hall is a good fit for the Bruins. When he was with Edmonton, he was part of the pack. Then the NJ Devils acquired him, and he had a great year 93 points, 39 goals, I think, and won the league MVP. He led a terrible Devils team. After that year, he has become a question mark IMO. Claimed an injury. Did have knee surgery. Didn't play a whole year. Next season he didn't play well for the Devils, got traded, wasn't unique with Arizona, and now he is a free agent wanting lots of money and years. Do the Bruins take a gamble when they need size and sure things? Not sure I would.

Reactions: duffy and bbfan419

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
The more I think about it the more Taylor Hall makes so much sense. The only think I question is has he grown up yet. Even if they end up rebuilding I’m confident it will only take two years with the right moves and he’s still somewhat young he can produce. If they don’t want Debrusk maybe he could be moved for something. That’s why I see Sweeney being in on F/A instead of dealing because he got nothing tooooo deal of anything unless its JD.

I´m with you completely on this... the B´s need to make a big signing to win, but also to strengthen their trade position for the future - as they now have a reasonable cap situation... now is the time to do it! I have a hard time seeing that a). Hall is not ready to be a true PRO given the support of a truly great organization, b). that our organization is not up for it, c). that our leadership core would not be sufficient to handle Hall - especially if they keep Chara =)

Reactions: bbfan419

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016

I assume us geting Fleury would mean we trade Rask to get our hands on a 1:st round pick. But if we do, why not just go after Markström and trade DeBrusk for something of value (a 2:nd is not ok for DeBrusk - I´d demand a top 15 pick this year easily for him)!?!

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
I'd love Boeser but at the expense of Carlo, I'm leaning towards no. Unless they have Pietrangelo ready to sign, Carlo gone would leave a massive hole on the 2nd pairing RD with nobody internally who could realistically take that spot.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Boeser

That's a hell of a top 6.

I´d love Boeser... he´s a real Bruins type of player, but his injuries scare me a lot! Carlo is an invaluable asset in my book - as a big crease clearing stay at home defenceman on the second pairing that we can keep for a cost controlled price. Those are the kind of players you build around! I´d trade DeBrusk years before Carlo... heck... I might even trade Rask and Krejci before Carlo! Keep our D intact with the versatility it gives us/let alone towards the up coming expansion draft (if you have to get a D... either get someone that is good enough to warrant letting Gryz go to the Kraken, or someone who lifts us somewhat above Gryz, but whom you can afford to let go next year on D... Nurse!?!), resign Chara one last year 1M (to be rolled up and down/cover up for injuries/PPT-time). And go after Hall AND Saad instead!!!

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Why, Brady suck. We can package Jake for a better player or asset i think.
I don’t agree he sucks. He is a great skater and at 6’3” 210ish he brings so much needed size. While he isn’t the nastiest player, he has no problem laying the body. His defensive play is solid and (IMO) would be a good compliment to McAvoy.

I am also ok with adding to DeBrusk to get a true top end defenseman!

Reactions: Coach Parker

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t agree he sucks. He is a great skater and at 6’3” 210ish he brings so much needed size. While he isn’t the nastiest player, he has no problem laying the body. His defensive play is solid and (IMO) would be a good compliment to McAvoy.

I am also ok with adding to DeBrusk to get a true top end defenseman!

I’m not so sure Boston fans would love him.
Makes too many questionable plays and should be 2nd pair guy.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sign Hall
Trade Krugs rights
Debrusk+ for Nurse
Carlo+ for Boeser

Bring up Senyshyn, Zboril and Frederic
Not trading DeBrusk + for Nurse, look at the Oilers Board, Nurse is overrated. Also would not trade Carlo straight up for Boeser let alone add to it, Boeser has wrist injury problems and may never reach what he did that first full year he had.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Fair enough. I do believe our defense as a whole would be better with him in it

Of course they’d be better with him but there’s the price to acquire him, cap hit and questions around his hockey IQ for top pair role

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Like the idea of signing Pietrangelo and trading Carlo for top scoring forward.

Boston trades Carlo, Ritchie, and 2022 2nd to Colorado for Newhook and Burakovsky.

THE SCORE
:
Joel Wegman listed the Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, Colorado Avalanche, Calgary Flames, and Edmonton Oilers as possible destinations for St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo if he hits the open market next month. Contract talks between Pietrangelo and the Blues broke off last week as the club advised him to pursue free agency.

Wegman acknowledged the salary-cap constraints of the Leafs and Oilers mean they’d have to shed a salary or two to sign Pietrangelo. The Bruins’ logical need is for a scorer (Wegman suggests Arizona’s Taylor Hall) but he doesn’t rule out general manager Don Sweeney signing Pietrangelo and shopping Brandon Carlo or Connor Clifton for a left-side defenseman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Parker

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I (like many others) would love to see us add Boeser, but I think some think he's better than he is. Last 3 years of per 60 numbers for DeBrusk and Boeser below...scary how close they are in numbers. I will say that Boeser makes $5.85 million and only signed for 2 more years and people are scoffing about DeBrusk being bad anything close to $5 million.

TOI/GP​
G/60​
P/60​
SH/60​
SH%​
ixG/60​
iCF/60​
iSCF/60​
iHDCF/60​
Rush/60​
Reb/60​
GvA/60​
TkA/60​
Hits/60​
Blk/60​
13:54
1.01​
7.73​
0.67​
14.14​
3.16​
0.48​
0.71​
1.76​
1.51​
1.28​
12:36​
1.01​
1.95​
11.65​
8.13​
1.48​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Agree if they want Bjork for Fluery fine, but not DeBrusk.

Bjork+ is what I'd like to see the Bruins package to upgrade on D. Solid cost-controlled winger that helps a team looking to cut costs. Hang onto JDB. Don't really see a future for Bjork on this team. Skilled player but soft & not a good finisher. Struggled in the playoffs. Bruins need to be picking on these small market teams that are gonna feel the pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad