GDT: Sweeney /Julien News Conference 4/14 10AM

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
And BS back at you. I can't imagine he would waste his time playing for a FO that's just looking for the silliest little reason to fire him. Not with all of the possible opportunities to coach elsewhere all locked up. I would think half a season anyway, along with some idea about how they're going to fix the blueline.
Waste his time? He's getting millions for it.

You'd have him be a coach who would break his contract because he might not like the blueline of his team?!?

Woof

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Like it or not Claude is one of the better coaches in the NHL it's not his fault Chara turned into a slightly more skilled version of Hal Gill.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I'm hoping for "we've decided to mutually part ways"

Claude should have been fired last season, if he gets another reprieve I'm done with Sweeney and Cam.

Would this team do better under say Oates or Milbury? Because those are the two options being speculated and kicked around all over the place. Aside from the Providence coach but there is no way in hell Jacobs will make that hire.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Would this team do better under say Oates or Milbury? Because those are the two options being speculated and kicked around all over the place. Aside from the Providence coach but there is no way in hell Jacobs will make that hire.

You have no idea who would be hired and how well they would fare until it actually happens . This whole there's nobody better is a lazy excuse thrown out by the Claude supporters.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Funny with a name like Spooner St you'd like Julien. I'm betting if Julien stays Spooner is traded

And how much are you willing to bet, I mean a serious bet, one that would have me believe you're not talking out of your ass kind of bet ?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Someone should forward some questions to the pen-pushers for Donnie...

Why Rinaldo ?
Why Irwin ?
Why Kempaneinen ?

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Hope this means Clode is staying - it would be a mistake to fire him IMO

You're also kidding yourselves if you don't think the lobbying Bergy has been doing for Clode isn't going to have some influence.

My guess is they bring him back and if the team doesn't come out the gate swinging, he's gone in 15 games. But seriously, there aren't any superior options available. We fire Clode, he runs to Ottawa who becomes a threat in the division and we're stuck with Cassidy. No thanks.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm not sure what any of this means right now.

It is quite possible that Claude himself says it is time to go ( moving on to Ottawa) but it is the Neely news conference next week that makes no sense.

:dunno:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ia-thursday/1JVhtE6rcNm6WPVcZHWRmL/story.html

The club also announced that team president Cam Neely and boss-in-residence Charlie Jacobs will meet with the media the following Wednesday, April 20, at 10 a.m. at the Garden.

It is highly improbable that Neely and Jacobs, son of Jeremy Jacobs, who bought the club more than 40 years ago, would follow nearly one week later and announce a profound shift in the team’s coaching or management structure. It would not be a surprise to hear, be it this Thursday or next week, that the club is changing the composition of Julien’s assistant coaching staff. Changing assistant coaches is often a way for stagnant clubs to try to convince fans of a new approach.

But for the moment, it appears Jacobs, Neely, and Sweeney have chosen status quo as the way to go with a club that for two years in a row just missed clinching the No. 8 playoff seed in the Eastern Conference.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm not sure what any of this means right now.

It is quite possible that Claude himself says it is time to go ( moving on to Ottawa) but it is the Neely news conference next week that makes no sense.

:dunno:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ia-thursday/1JVhtE6rcNm6WPVcZHWRmL/story.html

If I had to guess -the first conference is to close out the year and the second one is to announce the direction going forward; Julien gets a new assignment on Friday and starts interviewing around the league in a week or two.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I read Bergeron's comments claiming that he wants Clode back, but that it's out of his hands.

But what if it's not? If you're the Bruins right now, the last thing you want to do is piss off Bergeron.

Just thinking aloud.

Nope, the last thing you want to do is let a player pick a coach. Other than Magic ousting Westhead for Riley, every other example I can think of has been a disaster.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC

Since Oates doesn't seem to want the job I'm not worried. Millbury I don't know, many here think he was a good coach just a bad GM.

And considering its a rookie NHL coach who lead his team past the bruins, why not? Claudes shelf life is way past due, and I'm done drinking this sour milk

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Hope this means Clode is staying - it would be a mistake to fire him IMO

You're also kidding yourselves if you don't think the lobbying Bergy has been doing for Clode isn't going to have some influence.

My guess is they bring him back and if the team doesn't come out the gate swinging, he's gone in 15 games. But seriously, there aren't any superior options available. We fire Clode, he runs to Ottawa who becomes a threat in the division and we're stuck with Cassidy. No thanks.

Do you really think that's smart , so after 15 games the Bruins are say 5-10, then who do you get as coach , they just wasted another season . Fire him now you have through June to land a replacement , if they don't already have one lined up.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Do you really think that's smart , so after 15 games the Bruins are say 5-10, then who do you get as coach , they just wasted another season . Fire him now you have through June to land a replacement , if they don't already have one lined up.

I agree... that does not make any sense. If you are going to replace the coach you do it now so that the new coach gets to implement a system and try to get everyone up to speed. By waiting until 10 - 15 games you put yourself in a position where you have an interim coach (which is a waste of time... most of the time) or scramble to find people who already have jobs. Not a good situation.

I still think they should keep him and give him a real defense to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad