GDT: Sweeney /Julien News Conference 4/14 10AM

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Why are Neely and the owner having another press conference next Wednesday ? I don't quite understand what is going on here.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Different situation. Lewis was fired because Julien was available. If not, Lewis would have been the coach for a 2nd year. I guess that, if Sweeney, had a coach in mind, Julien would have already took the gate. If you add that Sweeney, Julien and "the tool" Neely were all present Monday at the garden, it makes no sense to fire him later when they could have done that Monday.

Actually, Julien was fired from New Jersey before the end of the 2006-07 season so he was indeed available right at the beginning of the 2007 offseason.

I am not saying Julien will get fired, I am saying sometimes teams do take time to make that decision so it remains a possibility.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I read Bergeron's comments claiming that he wants Clode back, but that it's out of his hands.

But what if it's not? If you're the Bruins right now, the last thing you want to do is piss off Bergeron.

Just thinking aloud.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
If they held a pay per view type thing to see him fired in different ways based on how much they raise, they would be able to lower ticket prices:

0-1 million, simple, "Clode will not be coming back"
1-5 million, an apprentice special, "your fired", qued by dramatic music
5-10 million, WWE send of with a folding chair
10 million +, something that involves either flamethrowers of fireworks maybe both.....

Disclaimer: I like Julien, but he is not effective with his players right now. He has been awesome for the Bruins but the players are not repsonding so I think he should probably move on.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: "BAW GAWD KING SWEENEY JUST NAILED JULIEN WITH A STEEL CHAIR! THIS MAN HAS A FAMILY DAMMIT!"

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Neely did allude to a new jumbo tron during the state of the bruins IIRC maybe that's the reasoning for the 2nd p? Garden updates?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope they are patient and won't make up their mind right now, playoffs can make some coaches available.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I read Bergeron's comments claiming that he wants Clode back, but that it's out of his hands.

But what if it's not? If you're the Bruins right now, the last thing you want to do is piss off Bergeron.

Just thinking aloud.

I can appreciate his loyalty to his coach but this club looked way too comfortable the last couple years as they faded late in the season.

I like giving the coach a chance to end the year with a press conference whether they end up firing him or not

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
So lame. I want a Jacobs only press conference to announce all 3 have been canned. Instead we we'll have all 3 clowns back promising to upgrade talent and be "harder to play against". Rinse repeat.

They are so beholden to Cam and he's most responsible for the demise. #empty suit

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If you bring him back you're admitting the defense was the problem, so you had better overhaul the defense

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
If you bring him back you're admitting the defense was the problem, so you had better overhaul the defense

What's to admit? The entire NHL knew the Bruins had a problem with their blue line this season. I would be far more concerned if they tried to deny it somehow. If they don't overhaul the defense (should be a given) then the next season will be every bit as bad as this season, and not because of the coach.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If I was CJ and this was the deal, I'd say FO to the FO. Without knowing what kind of roster was being iced? He'd be crazy to accept such terms and I don't think he would.

Bull ****- they pay him to do his job; he does it until they pay him not to anymore. Or he can always walk away from the dough.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

What's to admit? The entire NHL knew the Bruins had a problem with their blue line this season. I would be far more concerned if they tried to deny it somehow. If they don't overhaul the defense (should be a given) then the next season will be every bit as bad as this season, and not because of the coach.

Yes, the defense was sub par this season. No question about it. However, so were the player decisions and TOI breakdown, and that's not on Sweeney. Sweeney failed in rebuilding the blueline, yes, but Claude also did himself no favors by playing the guys he did at the minutes he gave them.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He has several million reasons not to.

We all know Julien would be hired within a week if fired. Julien next contract would probably pay him the same as his present contract.
I don't see the several millions reasons here.

If Julien gets fire or quits he'll get the same money or more elsewhere.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Bull ****- they pay him to do his job; he does it until they pay him not to anymore. Or he can always walk away from the dough.

And BS back at you. I can't imagine he would waste his time playing for a FO that's just looking for the silliest little reason to fire him. Not with all of the possible opportunities to coach elsewhere all locked up. I would think half a season anyway, along with some idea about how they're going to fix the blueline.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Take away Claude's slow defensive binkies in McQuaid, K.Miller, Trotman, and Seidenberg

Replace them with more talented, better puck-moving modern D-corps.

If he can't make it work by mid-Nov. then you fire him.

Part of me wants to see what he could do when forced to use a modern puck-moving D-corps.

And no I don't mean just promoting C.Miller and Morrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad