TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Does this mean he isn't fired?

He isn't going to fire him live on TV.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
They are going to take the tape from last year and just play it again.

Just photo-shopping a few things in and out, because how can the answers really be that different?

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Chia did a press conference last year a couple of days before he got fired, doesn't mean Claude is safe.

Give me one example, one , of a coach who have done an exit interview with his GM and then be fired the next day. Chiarelli situation was different. It came from the presidency.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Does this mean he isn't fired?

He isn't going to fire him live on TV.

If they held a pay per view type thing to see him fired in different ways based on how much they raise, they would be able to lower ticket prices:

0-1 million, simple, "Clode will not be coming back"
1-5 million, an apprentice special, "your fired", qued by dramatic music
5-10 million, WWE send of with a folding chair
10 million +, something that involves either flamethrowers of fireworks maybe both.....

Disclaimer: I like Julien, but he is not effective with his players right now. He has been awesome for the Bruins but the players are not repsonding so I think he should probably move on.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Give me one example, one , of a coach who have done an exit interview with his GM and then be fired the next day. Chiarelli situation was different. It came from the presidency.

Different sport, but Felger and Mazz said Francona did a presser or two before getting fired by the Red Sox.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
"Claude, can you talk about the disappointment of missing the playoffs for the second straight year?"

Claude: "Playoffs??? Who cares about playoffs ? I'm going to Disneyworld!"

:laugh:

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

Dave Lewis participated in a year end presser with Chiarelli at the end of the 2006-07 (not that I am comparing the two).

I never said he would get fired the next day, coaches get fired into the offseason all the time.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Dave Lewis participated in a year end presser with Chiarelli at the end of the 2006-07 (not that I am comparing the two).

I never said he would get fired the next day, coaches get fired into the offseason all the time.

Different situation. Lewis was fired because Julien was available. If not, Lewis would have been the coach for a 2nd year. I guess that, if Sweeney, had a coach in mind, Julien would have already took the gate. If you add that Sweeney, Julien and "the tool" Neely were all present Monday at the garden, it makes no sense to fire him later when they could have done that Monday.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Different situation. Lewis was fired because Julien was available. If not, Lewis would have been the coach for a 2nd year. I guess that, if Sweeney, had a coach in mind, Julien would have already took the gate. If you add that Sweeney, Julien and "the tool" Neely were all present Monday at the garden, it makes no sense to fire him later when they could have done that Monday.

Don't buy that for a second.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I'm shocked that he is probably coming back...I thought for sure he was gone

If they didn't fire him after last season's debacle, I have every confidence he'll be back as the coach starting next season. Once attendance goes below 10K and concessions starts faltering, then you'll start to see major changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad