Max Friberg - Johan Larsson - Johan Sundstrom
Pathrik Westerholm - Victor Rask - Ponthus Westerholm
Filip Forsberg - Jeremy Boyce - Marcus Sorensen

Larsson - Nemeth
Brodin - Klefbom
Klingberg - Noren
Bengtsson - Claesson

Gold - canidate?

Except there is a good chance those 3 guys play in the NHL next year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
?

Did he not say his plan is to make the team ASAP, as in next year, in his video on the sens website?

Swedish web-tv program from February. Zibanejad is one of the guests. It's basically a discussion program with a moderator, one AIK-supporter, one Djurgården-supporter, one AIK-player and one Djurgården-player... Different players every episode. This episode was with Zibanejad.

http://www.svenskafans.com/fantv/program/54.aspx

He tells a few things about himself. He's religious, a Christian. He's thankful for what he gets and takes nothing for granted.

He also tells how to prounounce his name 20 seconds in part 2.

He talks about his future in #3, says he'll stay with Djurgården one more season then "we'll see".

He also says he's never really been a star as a kid, but he has consistantly improved season by season.

I think it's almost a guarantee that he goes back to Sweden for another year. He hasn't played a full season for Djurgarden to show his offensive skills and there is no point in giving him bottom 6 minutes on a team that won't be making the playoffs. The Murrays aren't fans of rushing prospects to the NHL and I expect the same with Zibanejad.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I think it's almost a guarantee that he goes back to Sweden for another year. He hasn't played a full season for Djurgarden to show his offensive skills and there is no point in giving him bottom 6 minutes on a team that won't be making the playoffs. The Murrays aren't fans of rushing prospects to the NHL and I expect the same with Zibanejad.

Although I agree another year in Sweeden is probably best, here is a more recent interview.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=119417

Interviewer: Is your goal to make this team out of training camp in September?

Z-bad: Yes absolutely, for sure.

This is not like Silverberg, who genuinely wants to stay in the SEL another year. Z-bad wants to play now, and if he's good enough, he will.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
Although I agree another year in Sweeden is probably best, here is a more recent interview.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=119417

Interviewer: Is your goal to make this team out of training camp in September?

Z-bad: Yes absolutely, for sure.

This is not like Silverberg, who genuinely wants to stay in the SEL another year. Z-bad wants to play now, and if he's good enough, he will.

exactly, he has changed his tune a bit and will play with the Sens if he feels he is ready. He will certainly have to put in a good showing to make the Sens and he will need to probably not only keep up but surpass a roster player since I am sure they do not want to rush him.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Really interested if Nermark will make it.

He has a good shot at making the team if he gets regular SEL-minutes comming season (and if not gets to play regular minutes in SEL-2). Just looking at the talant he´s got all the tools to make the team, and then some.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Swedens junior pool is getting stacked. We could pick a team that looks super solid and still have very good talant left out.

Im placing a bet on Mattias Bäckman to take a spot on defence.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Swedens junior pool is getting stacked. We could pick a team that looks super solid and still have very good talant left out.

Im placing a bet on Mattias Bäckman to take a spot on defence.

If Linköping gives Bäckman and Nermark a reasonable chance to make the team they have a good chance, they will not get picked if they play in Superelit. Linköping isn't famous for giving icetime to juniors, but Dahlbeck earned a spot last year so you never know.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
The Ducks Drafted three Swedish prospects:

Rick Rakell: 1st round 30th overall
William Karlsson: 2nd round 53rd overall
Max Friberg: 5th round 143rd overall

What are the chances that they all make the roster?

Pretty good I'd say, but I think Karlsson needs to add some muscle to find a place on the team. These returning players could find themselves competing in the WJC again (not including Landeskog or Adam Larsson):

Nemeth (Dallas - 41st in 2010)
Klingberg (Dallas - 131st in 2010)

Johan Larsson (Minnesota - 56th in 2010)
Rakell (Anaheim - 30th in 2011)
Friberg (Anaheim - 143rd in 2011)
Sundström (NY Islanders - 50th in 2011)

Other drafted players that are expected to compete for making the team (don't pay too much attention to the order I listed them in as I rushed this together):

G
Gustafsson (Minnesota - 159th in 2010)
Lundström (St. Louis - 132nd in 2011)
Forsberg (Columbus - 188th in 2011)
Mattsson (Chicago - 211th in 2011)

D
Brodin (Minnesota - 10th in 2011)
Klefbom (Edmonton - 19th in 2011)
Bengtsson (Florida - 59th in 2011)
Granberg (Toronto - 116th in 2010)
Claesson (Ottawa - 126th in 2011)
Karlsson (Nashville - 142nd in 2011)
Bäckman (Detroit - 146th in 2011)
Nilsson (Toronto - 100th in 2011)
Blidstrand (Philadelphia - 206th in 2010)

F
Zibanejad (Ottawa - 6th in 2011)
Rensfeldt (Chicago - 35th in 2010)
Rask (Carolina - 42nd in 2011)
Nermark (Colorado - 93rd in 2011)
Karlsson (Anaheim - 53rd in 2011)
Sörensen (Ottawa - 106th in 2010)
Nordström (Chicago - 90th in 2010)
Persson (NY Islanders - 125th in 2011)
Westin (Montreal - 207th in 2010)
Westerholm (Vancouver - 180th in 2011)
Blomstrand (Vancouver - 120th in 2011)
Molin (Dallas - 105th in 2011)
Schumacher (Los Angeles - 200th in 2011)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad