Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
mr gib said:
finland -

1 - 0 in a shootout - winning goal by nittimakee ( after stopping lindquist - the last shooter available )
Sounds pretty good. :sarcasm:

LuigiStone*

LOL. I love the hating by all the losers...Canadians, Russians etc. :biglaugh:

LOL LOL LOL. Ovechkin is my favorite player and the Canadian style of hockey is my favorite but all you haters still SUCK. :biglaugh:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Finland has already prepared for celebration, even if they lose.

The team will be flown back to Finland sunday, no matter if they win or lose. The game will be shown in 3 huge screens outdoors in the middle of Helsinki....

Some people have no clue how HUGE this game is. This country will go absolutely insane if Finland wins. It will have effect on national economy, suicide rates etc....this is not a joke. It's that big.

Keanu

Feb 17, 2006
Go Sweden Go !!

Its these kind of games that Forsberg loves, he will with most certainty be just as pumped as he is when he is playing the 7th game in the final during Stanley Cup. And Sundin will as well be just as pumped as Forsberg as he has never won anything real big, like the Olympics or the Stanley Cup. If you love hockey, then this is the game to watch, no matter if your swedish, canadian, american, finnish or whatever. People just dont know how huge this is, it goes way back. Its like doomsday, which country has raised the best team of this golden generation, Sweden or Finland ? we all have our superstars but this is the ultimate test for Scandinavias golden generation. After tomorrow we will without a doubt know whos best, and after that there will be no more discussion for aslong as this generation keeps on playing, cause Finland or Sweden will never play eachother in an Olympic Final with guys like these on their respective teams.

Come on Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Lundqvist bring it home to us!!!

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Jyssy said:
Finland have 7-0 record thus far. If they win gold, is it the first time ever that any team wins olympic gold without losing a game?

No.

Both CAN and USSR have done it, but it would
be the first time anyone did it since 8 games were
needed for the gold.

1984 USSR won every game (7 games)
1988 USSR won 7 out of 8 games, they lost their
last game to... FIN :D

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
Sweden has no chance against the Finns.

Finland has more leadership, grit, Aki, character and heart than Sweden.

Finland has defeated every major hockey power at this tournament.

Beating Sweden will be the icing on the cake.

Prediction:

Finland 5 - Sweden 1

Rover*

GuloGulo said:
Ohlund will get one. Salo too, most likely then.

That's good. Too bad ohlund won't be there for the medal presentation. He's back here and they interviewed him on the news.

Keanu

Feb 17, 2006
Go Sweden Go !!

Aki Berg said:

Prediction:

Finland 5 - Sweden 1

Maybe you forgot what happened when Sweden won against Finland in Finland, You guys were up by 5-1 but ended up losing to us 5-6. So i hardly think Finland has more heart then Sweden when it comes to our games against you guys. If you wanna have a chance against us in an olympic final you better step up REAL good. Good Luck, youll need it.

The Finns reaction when Sweden shows what they are capable of >>> :eek: :shakehead :help:

The Swedes reaction -->> :yo:

doom2

Feb 12, 2005
Kuopio
Keanu said:
Maybe you forgot what happened when Sweden won against Finland in Finland, You guys were up by 5-1 but ended up losing to us 5-6. So i hardly think Finland has more heart then Sweden when it comes to our games against you guys. If you wanna have a chance against us in an olympic final you better step up REAL good. Good Luck, youll need it.

The Finns reaction when Sweden shows what they are capable of >>> :eek: :shakehead :help:

The Swedes reaction -->> :yo:
My reaction to above post: :biglaugh:

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Aki Berg said:

Prediction:

Finland 5 - Sweden 1

So when did you play the Czechs, Slovaks, or Sweden for that matter? You have played good, but don't get delirious.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
gozar said:
So when did you play the Czechs, Slovaks, or Sweden for that matter? You have played good, but don't get delirious.

FIN actually won CZE in round robin.
SVK is the only one of the Big7
FIN won't meet in this tournament.

So Aki Berg's statement is not completely
true. So far only 5/7 (71%) of it is true.
Tomorrow hopefully 6/7 (85%).

That would mean only SVKs could say
they didn't loose the the Champs :D

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Caz said:
FIN actually won CZE in round robin.
SVK is the only one of the big7
FIN will not meet in this tournament.

So Aki Berg's statement is not completely
true. So far only 5/7 (71%) of it is true.
Tomorrow hopefully 6/7 (85%).

That would mean only SVKs could say
they didn't loose the the Champs :D

Ah, sorry, I wrote to fast ;) But it's still two countries that you haven't defeated. So my point still stands as you so clearly demonstrated.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
Caz said:
SVK is the only one of the Big7
FIN won't meet in this tournament.

Not to take anything away from the Swedes and their fans, but that's the matchup I'd much rather have seen in the gold medal game. Don't get me wrong; I'm very happy for the Swedish fans. It's just that as a hockey fan, I think that would have made for a much more entertaining game.

I hope the Swedes prove me wrong. Either way, here's to one hell of a game tomorrow, and go Finland!

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Wild Thing said:
Not to take anything away from the Swedes and their fans, but that's the matchup I'd much rather have seen in the gold medal game. Don't get me wrong; I'm very happy for the Swedish fans. It's just that as a hockey fan, I think that would have made for a much more entertaining game.

I hope the Swedes prove me wrong. Either way, here's to one hell of a game tomorrow, and go Finland!

If you are a fin, how the hell can you say that? If not, then I think a Slovakia - Sweden matchup would be a more fun game to watch than a fin-slovakia. That would be, if I weren't swedish.

kjri

Mar 18, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Not at all a dream come true. Sometimes Finland gets emotional when playing against swedes. In a wrong way. First 5-1 lead, then losing 5-6.
Sweden sure has an impressivve lineup. But if our boys play their own game, i like our chances.

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
Doesn't Finland always get emotional when playing against Sweden? :)

Knowing that everything will be possible right to the end only adds to the intensity and excitement. Both teams have to fight hard to win the game. It will be a great battle and VERY exciting game. I hope I won't have a heart-attack or two! :)

It would be easier for Finland to play against any other team than Sweden, but I don't want an easy game. I want a thrilling mega game that will make me gasp for air! I don't want Gold, I want Finland to beat Sweden. And by "beat", I mean "totally devastate"! :D

This isn't hockey, this is battle for our very souls! :D It will be nightmare, it will be hell, but if we win it will be pure heaven!

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
NightScout said:
A very big if, when talking about Sweden. Finland can almost never beat them when they really need to.

I know. :cry:

I think we have a better team, so we can win this game. And we did beat Sweden in finale in their home games in 1995...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad