Forsberg - Koivu
Alfredsson - Selänne
Sundin - Jokinen
Lidström - Timonen
Lunkan - Nitty

more similiar, or? :) Still a great final, and btw GO SWEDEN! :yo:

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Finland has played such a boring style of hockey in this tournament that the Swedes have my full support in this one. Here's hoping Sweden can break the Finnish trap!

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Oilerfan120582 said:
Finland has played such a boring style of hockey in this tournament that the Swedes have my full support in this one. Here's hoping Sweden can break the Finnish trap!

I don't like how either of them plays. But what can I say, it is effective hockey. I was hoping for Russia-Czech final.

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
Oilerfan120582 said:

i second that. if it's anything like every other finnish game "what a final it will be" should not be the phrase used to describe it. not to take anything away from them as they've clearly worked very hard and had superior coaching, but man they have been brutal games to watch.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Regional rivalries are always the best.

:clap:

(As a Canadian living in South Korea I'm excited by the prospects of a final with more at stake than just a gold medal.)

And I'll be cheering for the team that's more feisty. :handclap:

ryanghg

Oct 29, 2005
Montreal
Will most likely be a boring game... hope not though.

I'm looking forward to tommorow's Russia vs Czech Rep. more

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The Moose said:
I don't like how either of them plays. But what can I say, it is effective hockey. I was hoping for Russia-Czech final.

I think that in terms of purely great hockey, the Czech-Russia game will be better. Nothing against the Finns or Swedes as they both deserve to be playing for gold, but the consolation game will probably be more entertaining.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Karel said:
I think that in terms of purely great hockey, the Czech-Russia game will be better. Nothing against the Finns or Swedes as they both deserve to be playing for gold, but the consolation game will probably be more entertaining.

I've never seen russia or czech show up for a bronze medal game. Why do you think this game will be any diffrent? Even if the final won't be the most pretty game, it will have tons more feeling than the Czech-russia game. And I for one would rather see passion than pretty plays

Nacho

Special
Aug 8, 2005
I prefer watching the better teams play, so this is going to be a great final...

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
I am afraid we are going to see a couple of blowouts in the medal games. Russia big over Czech, and The Golden Generation big over Finland. Finland has to score a couple of quick goals on Sweden to keep it a close game.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
What a maschochist daydream Sunday will be. :eek:
Dream final.

Life couldn't be better just now. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Selanne in a live interview:
'This is not enough.'

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
ryanghg said:
I'm sorry....I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to give my opinion.

Finland's game plan may be good, but it sure as hell is boring to watch.

You are fully allowed to do that. I was doing the same.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Well I don't plan on setting my alarm for 8am but I sure doubt it will be a great game. I'll watch the 3rd ;) These 2 countries have a rivalry I hear and hopefully this game is an exciting unforgetable game!

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
SuperSunday! Finland-Sweden! Perfect just perfect! Two BEST TEAMS, big rivarly...oh man I love Hockey. I dont give a ****, what the others says about "boring" finnish team. HAH! We are in final and we will battle for a olympic gold medal. Thats all that cares. :clap:

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Caz said:
What a maschochist daydream Sunday will be. :eek:
Dream final.

Life couldn't be better just now. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Selanne in a live interview:
'This is not enough.'
Also from the interview: "When we were kids playing hockey, we played Finland vs. Sweden Olympic Final. Naturally FInland always won."

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Karel said:
If you prefer figure skating and soccer rather than speed skating and American football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad