GDT: Sweden vs Czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Huh I would expect to see a call for that holding on a blue line, but not this one. Anyway quite frustrating to see all the chances and nothing gets in. It would be a dagger to see Swedes convert now.
I was thining the same thing.. if the Vrana thing was a penalty then the pull down before that should've been too. HOwever, the call on Flek was not the strongest either. I"'m not ready to blame the refs yet.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Then again, I'm just assuming, we may just as well lose 1-8 to Denmark too. :)
It's a must watch! We might lose to GB too! I really don't want it to come down to an elimination match between Czechs and Slovaks. It's actually the last thing i want.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
First time I've heard TSN mention the 96 to 2005 run and not call it the 'Hasek years'... I hate it when they call it the Hasek years... reason being because he only played in one of those many golds and that was Nagano. It was 8 golds between Olympics, World Jrs and WC's and Hasek played 1 of them. Call it the Vokoun years or the Chechmanek years or the Hnlickca years dammit! Done ranting.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh good, another Swedish PP... let's get them going on special teams... nothing to worry about.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sekac! Bury one of these.. our best chances seem to end on your stick!

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Czechs visibly better than Swedes for quite some time, but nothing gets in. Just score for crying out loud.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Lundeström really drives me nuts. Can someone please tell him the goal isn't in the corner....

Yeah, he is not good. I think it is time to sit him. Try Hållander there a couple of shits, in the next game play Holmberg in his place. Would like to see a Hållander - Holmberg - Olofsson line vs GBR

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vrana still out there trying... good for him! You can't tell me he doesn't care about the national team.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I think we can lose and sitll make Quarters...

I don't think the game is over but our 3 losses would be to Sweden, Switzerland and Russia.. we just have to beat the rest to make it. Not that I think that is easy or anything but we played the top 3 teams in pool in first 4 games. (with all due respect to Slovakia who was in first this morning).

You are of course right concerning the first 3 opponents of the Czechs they are all 3 the strong ones. But Slovakia has already 9 points and they still have an „easy“ opponent Denmark. If Slovakia wins in regular time they will finish the qualification round with at least 12 points. Sweden plays against Great Britain and Slovakia. If they win both they also finish at least with 12 points always if they win today. But if the Czechs lose this game they can attempt maximum 11 points even if they win all 3 games remaining to play and they finish the qualification round only as fifth.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You are of course right concerning the first 3 opponents of the Czechs they are all 3 the strong ones. But Slovakia has already 9 points and they still have an „easy“ opponent Denmark. If Slovakia wins in regular time they will finish the qualification round with at least 12 points. Sweden plays against Great Britain and Slovakia. If they win both they also finish at least with 12 points always if they win today. But if the Czechs lose this game they can attempt maximum 11 points even if they win all 3 games remaining to play and they finish the qualification round only as fifth.
I totally agree... that's why I already said I was wrong above.lol Not happy over here.haha

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Nice hit. Czechs have life, get at least one before the end of the period!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That is exactly the bounce we need but it hit the post.. game of inches I tell ya

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Bad luck for the Czechs just before. Thy hit only the post. With a little bit more luck it could be 2-1 now.

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
I'm in full agreement that Rakell would deserve a beating, but having Hronek sit with him doesn't help Czechs :/

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
No idea why he isn't on PP1, best PP forward with the best shot, and is an underrated passer, too.

Needs better linesmates too, Sörensen, & Lundeström is wasting him. Especially Sörensen this game.

It feels like our two best offensive players (Rakell and Olofsson) are both playing on lines with grinders. We have two offensive players in Holmberg and Hållander on the bench. My lines:

M. Kempe - A. Kempe - Rasmussen
Hållander - Holmberg - Olofsson
Frödén - Wingerli - Rakell
Lindberg - Lindholm - Sörensen

Reactions: canswetoxic

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Good game by Sweden, all though I think the Czechs deserve a goal. Score should be 2-1, but Sweds are keeping it tight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad