GDT: Sweden vs Czech

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Sweden is always unfavorable match for Czechs, but I didn't expect it go south so fast, especially on this tournament where Sweden doesn't play that well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thoght it was a great start... some great shot blocks and a few nice saves from the Swedes. Then we take a stupid penalty for a stupid crosscheck. I'd like to see Hrubec stop at least one of those shots.

Zadina with some good looks... Kubalik looked good.

Not sure about Vrana.. got hurt on a nothing play (for a hockey game) but I think he was back.

It's a close game... like TSN is saying.. one bad bounce and one bad penalty (the bounce was the puck getting past Sulak at the Swede blue line, not the nice tip).

Feels like a close game. Need a break or 2.

I could also see the Swedes, um, playing like Sweden and running away with it.

Let's see what happens

Reactions: slicedbread

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Mm..... It doesn‘t look good for the Czechs. They must win to have only a little chance to reach the quarterfinal but they are 2-0 back.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Mm..... It doesn‘t look good for the Czechs. They must win to have only a little chance to reach the quarterfinal but they are 2-0 back.
I think we can lose and sitll make Quarters...

I don't think the game is over but our 3 losses would be to Sweden, Switzerland and Russia.. we just have to beat the rest to make it. Not that I think that is easy or anything but we played the top 3 teams in pool in first 4 games. (with all due respect to Slovakia who was in first this morning).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swedes are blocking so many shots.. then if we do get through, Goalie makes a nice save. I like our pressure and fight though... need a bounce. Maybe off a blocking player!

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Divers. was that same penalty as a cross check to the throat. What a joke!

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I think we can lose and sitll make Quarters...

I don't think the game is over but our 3 losses would be to Sweden, Switzerland and Russia.. we just have to beat the rest to make it. Not that I think that is easy or anything but we played the top 3 teams in pool in first 4 games. (with all due respect to Slovakia who was in first this morning).

Losing a point against Belarus might hurt in the end, assuming Slovakia beats Denmark for 3.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vrana is clearly not 100%... He had a nice look. In fact, we've had several nice looks and plays.

However, Swedish PP.. I've seen this movie before.lol

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Sellgren is playing well and should earn more ice time.

The "NHL line" still does not work. Olofsson feels like he is being misused. He is a sniper and needs someone to feed him pucks, but Lundeström has been a black hole offensively and Sörensen is not really a playmaker. Perhaps switch Olofsson and Rasmussen, so that Olofsson can play with A. Kempe?

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Huh I would expect to see a call for that holding on a blue line, but not this one. Anyway quite frustrating to see all the chances and nothing gets in. It would be a dagger to see Swedes convert now.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad