Post-Game Talk: Swaggy’s Current bae vs.His Filthy Ex (7PM)—“ Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
GR lineup (he has been off lately so waiting for confirmation)
Huby-Barkov-Duke
Vatrano-Wennberg-Goose
Tippett-Luo-Horny
March-Wallmark-Acciari

Forsling-Weegar
Gudas-Montour
Yandle-Kiersted

(My guess is that Gudas and Kiersted are flipped. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nutivaara in)
When Ek and Verhaege are on, this roster looks not to shabby

Reactions: harv33173

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
That line up was GR’s best guess as it was posted before today’s Morning Skate. The actual lines/pairs seen this morning should be coming soon as Q briefs the media.

Goodbye Stralman

ya30bKX.png
:laugh:
Actually, I wouldn’t mind a bit because I do think he’s walking wounded at this point. Better to heal up and hopefully be back in his good form from earlier this season for the playoffs. :P

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
GR lineup (he has been off lately so waiting for confirmation)
Huby-Barkov-Duke
Vatrano-Wennberg-Goose
Tippett-Luo-Horny
March-Wallmark-Acciari

Forsling-Weegar
Gudas-Montour
Yandle-Kiersted

(My guess is that Gudas and Kiersted are flipped. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nutivaara in)
Also I was thinking of Goose can be a RW we should have an excellent top 9
Verh-Barky-Duke
Huby- Wenn-Goose
Vatrano-Bennett-Horny/Tippett
Marchment/Wallmark-Acciari-Tippett/Horny

Given Q likes a tight bench I see him trying to keep Tippett and Horny for PP and to move them around. This assumes Bennett can play the PK though

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Goose is already on the active roster as is Bennett. Bennett cannot play until he clears visa and covid protocols. I expect Goose will be in the lineup tonight

Can anyone explain the rules changes regarding the roster limits? If I recall, rosters were expanded at the time of the playoffs. Did this change become effective at the deadline?

As of now, per Cap Friendly, the Panthers roster lists 16 - F's, 7 -D (9 when you include the activations of Montour and Juulsen) and 3 - G's; of course with the players on I/R or on the Taxi Squad not included.

Roster limits always used to be a maximum of 23 players.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Duclair is playing, but not on the top line. I am actually going to ram my head into a wall.

Im guessing

Marchment - Barkov - Gusev
Huberdeau - Wennberg - Duclair
Vatrano Wallmark Hornqvist
Lomberg Acciari

Like.....what the hell man

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I just don't know who's going center Huby/Vatrano/Duke/Hornqvist apart from Wenn. Cookie? Luo?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Duclair is playing, but not on the top line. I am actually going to ram my head into a wall.

Im guessing

Lomberg Acciari

If they want to try it out for a period or so, fine.

Is Bennett taking Marchment's spot Saturday? That's what I'm curious.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Im guessing

Lomberg Acciari

I know it doesn’t work that well but Vatrano should flank Barkov on that line.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Can anyone explain the rules changes regarding the roster limits? If I recall, rosters were expanded at the time of the playoffs. Did this change become effective at the deadline?

As of now, per Cap Friendly, the Panthers roster lists 16 - F's, 7 -D (9 when you include the activations of Montour and Juulsen) and 3 - G's; of course with the players on I/R or on the Taxi Squad not included.

Roster limits always used to be a maximum of 23 players.

IIRC roster limits are effectively "removed" after the TDL, but any player over 23 must still fit under the salary cap as far as "actual salary".

That doesn't change the limit of dressing up to 18 skaters and 2 goalies though.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Q’s obsession with Marchment on the top line is so frustrating. It’s not working, it has never worked and I have no idea why he thinks it’s ever going to work

Reactions: panthersdu67

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
On the plus side, I guess we will get Verhaeghe with Barkov and Gusev when he gets healthy.

On the negative side, when will that be?:dunno:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
If they want to try it out for a period or so, fine.

Is Bennett taking Marchment's spot Saturday? That's what I'm curious.

This is a good point athough Q said something like maybe they'll try him at center. But Q could just want to see how Barkov-Gusev look like with a crash and banger like March, similar what Bennett will be. :dunno: But yeah this fascination with March in the top six is a bit underwhelming...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I kind of hope we start giving Hornqvist days off: it's clear that he's tired/ineffective and the compact schedule isn't great for him. I'd give him at least one game off in each of the Columbus, Nashville, Chicago and Dallas series

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I kind of hope we start giving Hornqvist days off: it's clear that he's tired/ineffective and the compact schedule isn't great for him. I'd give him at least one game off in each of the Columbus, Nashville, Chicago and Dallas series

Wonder if it's not fully healed up yet. I'd give him the last week of the season off to make sure he's ready for the playoffs.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Q’s obsession with Marchment on the top line is so frustrating. It’s not working, it has never worked and I have no idea why he thinks it’s ever going to work
It is working though. Barkov and Verhaeghe have very similar on-ice stats with Marchment as they do without. Like a good power forward he makes the line difficult to play against even if he doesn't score a bunch or make fancy dekes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad