Ansar Khan: Svechnikov won't receive QO, will become UFA

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He was slow to begin with and he has absolutely no stamina. Holland and his staff just didn't put enough emphasis on skating despite picking 2 of the fastest players in the league.

Most of Stevie's picks are above average skaters, aside from later round Draper picks.

I like how they are picking different guys lmfao at that stretch...

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I actualy have no busines to the male atractivnes unlike some on this thread

Ok, that doesn’t make you better than us, sir. If the thought of the more aesthetically pleasant Svechnikov brother doesn’t make your loins pulsate with nervous anticipation, then I see no reason to continue this thread.

Reactions: Bench

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I wonder if Ken Holland would be doing these decisions, how many would cry in here "how he is losing talented young players for nothing!"! :help:

Just like we lost Frk, Nestrasil and Pulkkinen. How devastating.

The big difference is how many of Holland's best draft picks busted. But I get that if it were up to you that Holland would still be our GM. I am so very happy we have moved on. Your mileage may vary.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I wonder if Ken Holland would be doing these decisions, how many would cry in here "how he is losing talented young players for nothing!"! :help:

How long are you going to keep up this persecution complex regarding Holland? He's been gone what, two years now?

Here's the link to the Oilers forum if you'd like to go there to discuss your boy and his accomplishments like acquiring Duncan Keith, Mike Smith, and Cody Ceci.

Edmonton Oilers

Call me crazy but in the Red Wings forum, I prefer to talk about the Red Wings.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Other than a few people, I don't recall much uproar when those guys were let go.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Svech signs with the Moose. Has a PTO with the Jets

Good luck to him. I do hope it works out for him there. It just wasn't in the cards in Detroit because he couldn't consistently stay healthy.

He's not a bad player or a bad guy... he just had rotten luck.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Oh please. The guy tore his ACL. Yzerman took Brett Connoly 3rd overall. Took Koekkoek 10th. Picks bust all the time. Let me know when Yzerman has anywhere near the success Holland has had as a GM. It will never happen.
Pre salary cap comparison or post?

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Oh please. The guy tore his ACL. Yzerman took Brett Connoly 3rd overall. Took Koekkoek 10th. Picks bust all the time. Let me know when Yzerman has anywhere near the success Holland has had as a GM. It will never happen.

It was 6th overall. 3rd in 2010 was a far worse pick in Gudbranson.. Semantics aside, I don't understand why anyone would shit on a high teens pick that just didn't pan out when he was viewed as a very solid pick at the time. The injuries just boned him hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad