Feb 29, 2020
Best bets:
Tampa
Dallas
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Edmonton (of course)
Washington

Edmonton makes a lot of sense. If he can learn to hoover up trash he might be a solid fit next to Draisaitl or as a cheap 3rd line scorer. Plus we all know Ken Holland is licking his chops to bring him back after hearing that he's not being qualified.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
With the flat cap, there have to be better scoring options than Svech on the market. Do we think he is going to be given that opportunity on a top team?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It sucks that an injury derailed what could have been a solid addition to this team. I hope he catches on with another franchise.

Also side note, I'm hoping we don't use this as an excuse to bring back Sam f***ing Gagner. That would just be a kick in the dick.

Lol my money is on Gagner getting extended. Yzerman has mentioned the need for right handed forwards a few times. My guess is that Gagner and Glendening are back. If not Gagner, then Ryan and Glen will be back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
With the flat cap, there have to be better scoring options than Svech on the market. Do we think he is going to be given that opportunity on a top team?

Probably not. He's too slow now. Nobody wants that on their energy lines where he'd be lining up.

He might find a home on a rebuilding team thinking a change of scenery will show why he was a 1st round talent all those years ago.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Seems like an amazing reclamation depth scoring option. I can see him doing well when hes slotted further down a depth chart for scoring options. Tb, tor, car (why not), sea (because they NEED something more for scoring) and boston would likely kick tires. No doubt he has offers on wednesday.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Another one bites the dust. Offseason theme is reuniting brothers so he has to go to Carolina.

Always liked his personality, just never fully came back from those injuries.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
We can all want him to be successful, but there does come a time to cut bait on a guy.

He never stayed healthy enough long enough to grab his piece of cheese. Hell, he probably got more bites at the apple because he was a first rounder than he otherwise would have.

In his time here, the best you could say about Svech when he played was that he was unobtrusive. He played okay. But it just never was enough that it made any sense to guarantee him IT.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
When he came back to start the season and still had a bunch of pain in his knee skating it seemed like the writing was on the wall. Every time he was up with the wings I always thought he looked like he could be a soli third liner that gets PP time. Probably opening a spot for Berggren/Smith/Raymond/Pearson full time to get a shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad